Around the League 18: Kovalchuk Employment Edition/Lavi, Gallant, & Ray Shero Unemployment Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Canes

Oct 31, 2017
An Oblate Spheroid
So I watched the 700 goals compilation for OV that the NHL put on their YT channel.

Canes are a rather frequent victim early on, but seemed to have stymied him after 250 or so. Occassional goal here and there, but nothing major. Until about 600, where we started becoming victims again.

Islanders and Rangers seemed to be his most frequent victims, from what I could tell. Montreal was up there as well.
Acccording to hockey-reference, we are 3rd in most Ovechkin goals against (43) behind Tampa (48) and Atlanta/Winnipeg (47). He's scored the most points overall against one team against us though with 95 but he's also played the most games against (81) us. He really owned the ThrasherJets with 91 points in 65 games.

A Star is Burns

Formerly Azor Aho
Sponsor
Dec 6, 2011
Didn't expect much from whatever the hell that Ottawa put out there tonight
Yeah, Columbus is putting on a good fight, but man, those injuries have put a damper on them. Ottawa I think was down to 9 forwards at one point tonight (including a guy they called up, got there half way through the game, was going to play, but his equipment didn't make it) and CBJ still struggled to pull it out. Somehow, even as the walking dead, they'll still take us down to the end of the year darn it.

Reactions: WreckingCrew

Sens1Canes2

May 13, 2007
Yeah, Columbus is putting on a good fight, but man, those injuries have put a damper on them. Ottawa I think was down to 9 forwards at one point tonight (including a guy they called up, got there half way through the game, was going to play, but his equipment didn't make it) and CBJ still struggled to pull it out. Somehow, even as the walking dead, they'll still take us down to the end of the year darn it.
That’s correct. Started the game with 10 forwards, were up to 11 when Matthew Peca arrived .... but Balcers’ equipment didn’t. Then 2 guys got hurt so down to 9 forwards lol.

SlavinAway

Registered Jerk
Sponsor
Jul 7, 2017
NYR beating NYI in OT last night hurts.

Rangers are breathing down our necks and have the tiebreaker firmly in hand. We absolutely need to secure some points on Friday night and hope that Montreal and Flyers can beat Rangers in regulation on Thursday and Friday.

Luckily Columbus lost last night to Wild and play them again on Friday. With all of their injuries I believe they will fall out and wild card race will come down to us, NYR, NYI/PHI, and FLA/TOR.

upload_2020-2-26_9-30-36.png

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad