Around the League 16: Marner signed? RIP HF Servers

Status
Not open for further replies.

zman77

Oct 1, 2015
Patrick Marleau scores 2 Goals on his return to the Sharks.
Sharks win their 1st game of the season 5-4.
His Iron Man streak is 788 Games.
21st Season as a Shark.

NotOpie

"Puck don't lie"
Jun 12, 2006
North Carolina
Meh. No job is perfect! They're working on maybe making CBD ok.

One would think a company in Colorado might be a bit more "understanding".

Last check a couple months ago,~ 170, which is the best I’ve had in years.

My HDLs have always been good...usually about 60. My LDLs have been the problem. Since Statins, I’ve been between 170 and 210 overall.

I've heard some folks feel pretty significant side effects from statins. Have you experienced any?

Reactions: DaveG

bleedgreen

Dec 8, 2003
colorado
Visit site

I've heard some folks feel pretty significant side effects from statins. Have you experienced any?
I’m a paramedic/firefighter. They don’t have a sense of humor and could care less what state we are. I’m impressed they’re trying to get us cbd.

There’s talk that they’re trying to create a test to see if you’re under the influence in that moment, because THC is in your system for weeks. We have a testing system that apparently detects it when you walk in the room. I don’t partake so no issues for me, but it seems like something that will give at some point.

Reactions: DaveG and zman77

Navin R Slavin

Fifth line center
Jan 1, 2011
Durrm NC

I've been on 10mg pravastatin for a couple of years now with no side effects.

Lempo

Recovering Future Considerations Truther
Sponsor
Feb 23, 2014
I hate this medical stuff. I've been on valsartan for high blood pressure since ~35, and it was one of my worser days when I mentioned it at work and a guy two years my junior welcomed me to the three-shift workers' club. On the downhill and the speed is but catching up.

Boom Boom Apathy

I am the Professor. Deal with it!
Sep 6, 2006

I started off on pravastatin, but they switched me to simvastatin. No side effects on either.

My dad had some reaction to one of them(not sure which one) but he’s been on Lipitor with no issues.

toastmasterbone

Mar 14, 2013
mebbin
I've been on atorvastatin 10 mg QD for a couple of years. No problems. Had elevated cholesterol for 20 years, even when I was working out twice a day for a couple of years (6'3"; 230#) , and wasn't eating caffeine, sugar, fried foods, processed foods... Dr. thought maybe it was an inability to metabolize chicken, but besides genetics, I think it was a physiological response to the unrequited love for the foods I'd abandoned. After starting statins, my numbers dropped to dead-center of the normal range.

Reactions: bleedgreen

bleedgreen

Dec 8, 2003
colorado
Visit site
Cooper is not the right coach for Tampa
Maybe not anymore, but he clearly did a pretty good job up to this point. This may be a case of “the message is getting stale”.
Regardless it’s still the first couple of weeks and they didn’t start with the ideal lineup. It’s early to think they’re really going to struggle.

Boom Boom Apathy

I am the Professor. Deal with it!
Sep 6, 2006
Maybe not anymore, but he clearly did a pretty good job up to this point. This may be a case of “the message is getting stale”.
Regardless it’s still the first couple of weeks and they didn’t start with the ideal lineup. It’s early to think they’re really going to struggle.

Yep. Every coach has a shelf life. Not saying Cooper has reached his shelf life, but even the most successful coaches get canned.

Unless he walks away on top, we'll see the same with Brindy one day, and he even acknowledged that when he took the job.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad