Around the League 16: Marner signed? RIP HF Servers

Status
Not open for further replies.

HisIceness

This is Hurricanes Hockey
Sep 16, 2010
Charlotte
By the way speaking of the Red Wings, NBCSN ran a documentary about them in the 90's, focused mostly on the 'Russian 5'. It's a good watch and a good insight on those teams and the attitudes towards Russian players in those days, slowly progressing over time.

Reactions: zman77

VAcaniac

SHOOT THE PUCK
Feb 16, 2007
Los Angeles
By the way speaking of the Red Wings, NBCSN ran a documentary about them in the 90's, focused mostly on the 'Russian 5'. It's a good watch and a good insight on those teams and the attitudes towards Russian players in those days, slowly progressing over time.

Someone asked me today if I was a Rooskie. I wanted to scream at him I was an Angela Merkel German-American.

Never been so damn offended. I either get asked by foreigners if Im german or russian.

I eat Brats, like beer, and I love NATO. f*** you all.

MinJaBen

Canes Sharks Boy
Sponsor
Dec 14, 2015
Durm
Thank god. I’d like to think this will slow down the talk of us trading for him.....but I’m sure it won’t.
Honestly, this makes me more interested. I don't want him on the team this year as I don't think he'd be ready to replace anyone. But if he would have a whole year in Finland, that makes it more desirable for his development.

Lempo

Recovering Future Considerations Truther
Sponsor
Feb 23, 2014

The actual article doesn't match the cocksure headline. The article says that "Karjala Tournament didn't give final answers of Jesse and his NHL project", that "he'd need to sign by Dec 1" and that "he shouldn't hurry to NA" and that he himself too has "a 100 percent focus onto that he's playing the full season in Karpat".

None of this says that he's 100 percent staying. Focus is a word not unlike hocus and pocus.

sabremike

Friend To All Giraffes And Lindy Ruff
Aug 30, 2010
Brewster, NY
Don't always agree with him but this is pretty weak.

"Don said something bad so we had to get rid of him because we can't tolerate that type of behavior. We intend to replace him with a guy who essentially masterminded a "hit"/assault on an opposing player that ended his career and nearly killed him and is the sleaziest NHL story of the past quarter century".

HisIceness

This is Hurricanes Hockey
Sep 16, 2010
Charlotte
Cherry should have retired at the end of last season like he was expected to do. Would have saved him from this mess he has made for himself.

I for one appreciate that he inadvertently gave our team an identity last season, one that has been missing ever since Whatever it Takes from 2006. I'll also miss his crazy suits, he was part Craig Sager and part Skip Bayless.

And thats all I'm going to say about this.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad