Around the League 16: Marner signed? RIP HF Servers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Finnish Jerk Train

lol stupid mickey mouse organization
Apr 7, 2008
Raleigh
It's probably common knowledge at this point since it's in the Wall Street Journal, but it was news to me. The league is about to get a lot more granular with its game data collection. We're also a high priority for equipment installation because the league apparently has high expectations for us.

Big Data Is Coming to the National Hockey League (paywall)

The NHL plans to install the tracking technology in waves. It is already installed at St. Louis’s Enterprise Center, host of the 2020 All Star Game, and T-Mobile Arena in Las Vegas, where the CES showcase took place. Also at the top of the list are San Jose, Washington, D.C., Raleigh, N.C., and Toronto, cities whose teams the league believes could make deep playoff runs in 2020.

Lempo

Recovering Future Considerations Truther
Sponsor
Feb 23, 2014
It's probably common knowledge at this point since it's in the Wall Street Journal, but it was news to me. The league is about to get a lot more granular with its game data collection. We're also a high priority for equipment installation because the league apparently has high expectations for us.

On the Finnish Liiga, related:

Finnish Pro Hockey League Implements Wisehockey Tracking System

My Special Purpose

Apr 8, 2008
We already beat out the Caps fans and made them mad, let’s do it to it the Rags next.

Edit my photo won’t attach. But go to @nhlonnbcsports on Insta to vote for the Canes as the best fans.

I think what people are underestimating in this "contest" is folks voting *against* rivals. Like, I don't think we'd win a contest of Raleigh vs. D.C. in volume of fans, but think of all the people nationally voting *against* the Capitals. We probably have a chance of winning this only because there are only a few fanbases that actually *hate* us and -- in the case of Montreal, specifically -- most of them have even more haters than we do.

RodTheBawd

Oct 16, 2013

I'm sure Dundon has something to do with it too.

Primetime8

Oct 10, 2014
Columbia, SC
I'd much rather see us be the team to broadcast in 1080p or even 4k. I know it would be FS Carolinas paying for it and not really the team, but Monday Night Football in 1080p looks much better than the 720p football broadcasts. 4k for sports is amazing (though I only watched the 4th quarter of the Seahawks game with it) but no way does that become a regular thing for any hockey in the US.

zman77

Oct 1, 2015
Former Hab Sebastian Aho leads the way!!
qo_mFwcd_bigger.jpg
Sean Tierney‏ @ChartingHockey 8h8 hours ago

xG leaders So far this season, no skater has generated more
xG at 5v5 than former Habs forward Sebastian Aho.
pic.twitter.com/216CiEi2TU
EGhIyZuWkAII1dR.png

bleedgreen

Dec 8, 2003
colorado
Visit site
He started the season as a the 13th forward. They had injuries so I think he got in some games and now is just going back to where he was. Man they are rough on him in the media there. I get it, it’s a crap trade but even I feel for the guy a bit - Russo tears him up.

I think we can put aside the brilliance from our side. It’s been well noted from their side that they did not do their due diligence on this trade and that Fenton essentially acted alone. This trade was directly created by the mess their front office was, not us slipping something past them. Good timing on our part. A bad Nino is better than Rask for sure, but it’s worth noting Nino hasn’t been the dude we had initially in awhile.

I do have faith he’ll come around. He’s streaky, and as long as he’s playing both ways and banging bodies he’s pretty useful even without scoring.

Boom Boom Apathy

I am the Professor. Deal with it!
Sep 6, 2006
I do have faith he’ll come around. He’s streaky, and as long as he’s playing both ways and banging bodies he’s pretty useful even without scoring.

I’m not sure I have faith in it, but I do think there’s a small chance it could happen. I’m not sure it will ever happen in Minnesota though. As you said, they are brutal on him there and I’m sure it’s a miserable situation for him.

Last edited:

Navin R Slavin

Fifth line center
Jan 1, 2011
Durrm NC
He started the season as a the 13th forward. They had injuries so I think he got in some games and now is just going back to where he was. Man they are rough on him in the media there. I get it, it’s a crap trade but even I feel for the guy a bit - Russo tears him up.

I think we can put aside the brilliance from our side. It’s been well noted from their side that they did not do their due diligence on this trade and that Fenton essentially acted alone. This trade was directly created by the mess their front office was, not us slipping something past them. Good timing on our part. A bad Nino is better than Rask for sure, but it’s worth noting Nino hasn’t been the dude we had initially in awhile.

You are high.

My Special Purpose

Apr 8, 2008

I certainly don't wish ill on Rask, but he brought this on himself. The Wild made their skating coach available to him this summer and he spent the whole off-season in Sweden. He *knew* he was on the bubble and he came to camp like a 10-year veteran all-star. He hasn't taken his career seriously for a few years now, and it's likely he won't have one soon if something doesn't change with him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad