Around the Dome v3.0 - Flames news & notes

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mobiandi

Jan 17, 2015
But I have an affinity for it and a lot of people do — Blasty needs a place in our history, in our team, in our organization, so we’ve been working hard on ways of introducing Blasty back into the fold, brought back some apparel and some hats. We have a couple things being released here in a few weeks with our apparel, evolving Blasty.

I don’t think we’ve seen the last of Blasty, let’s just say that.
Man of culture. Retros + horsehead = best jersey set in the league

Full interview here: Q&A: Flames director of marketing on the return of the retro jerseys - Sportsnet.ca

Other topics touched on: Adidas retros possibly becoming our new home/aways, discussing the difficulty in changing jerseys, comparisons to NBA and the huge cohort of jerseys teams have and whether that's in the cards for the NHL

Last edited:

DomBarr

Apr 7, 2014
We should be signing and recalling Peluso for this one, instead we are reinserting Khaira into the lineup, yay.
Why? Buddy Robinson was not recalled because he is a fighter..he was recalled because he is the Heats leading goal scorer...but maybe you just posted in the wrong forum...:sarcasm:

Oil Dood

Sep 17, 2019
Why? Buddy Robinson was not recalled because he is a fighter..he was recalled because he is the Heats leading goal scorer...but maybe you just posted in the wrong forum...:sarcasm:
Come on now, you know he was not brought up for his offensive prowess, and that is ok but do not pretend that it is something it is not.
The BOA is gonna be fun, I hope the zebras let them play, feels like a playoff enviornment.

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004

Naturally someone's gotta troll! :lol: He's a big dude that can take care of himself, I'm sure that they brought him up to check some of our faster skaters and not to fight/play physical :)

Reactions: King In The North

Ace Rimmer

Stoke me a clipper.
Actually never even considered the idea that he might have been called up to add some speed to the lineup. Like it or not, speed is a necessity to keep up with McDavid (catching him once he has a step is nigh impossible)

Odd thing about Buddy Robinson is that he seems to have all the tools, just no toolbox. Big, plays physical, and skates well. Just can't find any consistency. He can fight if he has to, but I don't see that as the primary part of his game.

The big question is whether we see
Rieder-Jankowski-Robinson
or
Gaudreau - Monahan - Robinson

Each would be a very "Flames" move

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004
Actually never even considered the idea that he might have been called up to add some speed to the lineup. Like it or not, speed is a necessity to keep up with McDavid (catching him once he has a step is nigh impossible)

Odd thing about Buddy Robinson is that he seems to have all the tools, just no toolbox. Big, plays physical, and skates well. Just can't find any consistency. He can fight if he has to, but I don't see that as the primary part of his game.

The big question is whether we see
Rieder-Jankowski-Robinson
or
Gaudreau - Monahan - Robinson

Each would be a very "Flames" move

I don't know the player but if he has speed at his size it's surprising that he hasn't at least landed on a checking/4th line somewhere. Khaira for instance wouldn't be in the NHL right now if he were 6" shorter.

Deen

Feb 19, 2010
What's going on with Välimäki? Is he not even close yet or what? Haven't seen an update since he has been moved to the LTIR.

DomBarr

Apr 7, 2014
Naturally someone's gotta troll! :lol: He's a big dude that can take care of himself, I'm sure that they brought him up to check some of our faster skaters and not to fight/play physical :)
:laugh: he's Gaudreau's Kassian from minor hockey...i believe they grew up together (well got older together in Gaudreau's case)..

Mobiandi

Jan 17, 2015
There's no benefit to bringing back Valimaki back this season. If we keep him on LTIR, he'll be exempt from the expansion draft

Rubi

Photographer
Sponsor
Jan 9, 2009
We should be signing and recalling Peluso for this one, instead we are reinserting Khaira into the lineup, yay.
Robinson likely won't even play. I've lost count of how many players the Flames have brought up from Stockton and they end up sitting in the press box for a couple of games and back down they go to Stockton.

Tkachuky

Dec 30, 2009
In the Dome

I agree with yo you that Lucic can take him but Kassian does not sweat him... although I think that is Matt Kassian.....

For a second I thought that was actually Kassian.
Like I said, I don’t believe anything will happen next game. The boys will play hockey.

Oil Dood

Sep 17, 2019
For a second I thought that was actually Kassian.
Like I said, I don’t believe anything will happen next game. The boys will play hockey.
Well it is Matt Kassian.
I think there will be some scrums but the game itself may disapoint. Zack Kassian is kind of the wild card here though, dude can be crazy at times.

super6646

Apr 16, 2018
Calgary
Robinson likely won't even play. I've lost count of how many players the Flames have brought up from Stockton and they end up sitting in the press box for a couple of games and back down they go to Stockton.

Lol no.

OBC mentality is here too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad