Pre-Game Talk: Here We Go Again | Leafs @ Bruins Game 7

Status
Not open for further replies.

Evilhomer

Oct 10, 2019
Does anyone else have zero anxiety whatsoever

For Boston and their fans, this is a pivotal game 7. For me and the rest of you who have lived in the mental institution that is cheering for the Leafs long enough to call it home, it's just another Saturday. "oOOoH gAmE 7" so what quit f***ing crying bro
I have zero anxiety. The outcome has already been determined. And, as luck would have it, I am in Florida on Monday for work, so maybe I'll get tickets for game 1.

PromisedLand

I need more FOOD
Dec 3, 2016
Hogwarts

whats the record with sheldon / wes ?

Second column, last row (bottom right)

1000009052-jpg.863079

• Wow
Reactions: OddyOh and Cleetus

Matty Sundin

Jul 18, 2006
Maybe I’m over thinking and I know we’re always gonna be rivals with the Bruins but this game literally almost feels like the final chapter in this decade long feud with this team, with only Marchand left from that 2013 series and us trying to end this game 7 curse since and possibly change the narrative on the Bruins if we beat them. Again I’m probably being over dramatic but my body and mind is ready for this game.

KMNRB

Jul 4, 2015
Marek saying he's hearing Wes McCauley might get the call for this game

insanity
I said before that if the league dares to choose Wes McCauley as the ref for Game 7 we know the league is definitely rigged. And it seems like they are REALLY DOING IT!!!!

I almost feel like skipping tomorrow's game to save myself from the unavoidable misery and anguish of a game-determining miscall. Perhaps we should all boycott the league.

Well I guess if we want to exorcise our demon, game 7 at Boston is not enough. It needs to be ref'ed by the most clearly biased referee who played as important a role to our game 7 losing streak as any player.

Last edited:

crump

~ ~ (ړײ) ~ ~
Feb 26, 2004
Ontariariario
The fact the recent incarnation of the Leafs finally won a playoff round last year I think, makes this less stressful. That whole monkey is off their back. Now they know the winning feeling and what it takes, they can slay the game 7 bugaboo. Woll gives me hope. Can’t believe they clawed their way back to this point missing Matthews.

PromisedLand

I need more FOOD
Dec 3, 2016
Hogwarts
I wonder if Matthews is good enough to play like 10 mins odd or so....

Leafs could go...

Bertuzzi-Domi-Marner
Knies-Tavares-Nylander
Holmberg-Matthews-Robertson (less minutes and PP time and offensive opportunity)
Dewar-Kampf-Jankrok

Basically is Matthews good enough to go for at least 10 mins + PP time? If he is still struggling though no point in putting him in just repeat the Game 6 line up

Reactions: arso40 and Cleetus

HamiltonNHL

Parity era hockey is just puck luck + draft luck
Jan 4, 2012
The stakes are sky-high. Toronto's attempting to snap a five-game losing streak in Game 7s, while Boston's trying to avoid coughing up a 3-1 series lead in consecutive years.

Reactions: Burnie97

TIGERCOOL

Sep 29, 2014
I know we've played well the last couple of games and that's great. Here's my issue: we play solid fundamental team hockey only when we're backed into a corner. Going down a critical player, going down in a series, etc. Then we all scratch our heads and wonder why the Leafs look like a top heavy, toothless, defensive mess when we're at full strength and in the driver's seat.

When the ability is so clearly there you need to ask why the coach can't seem to coax it out of the group on his own. If we played with the structure we did in games 5/6 on a consistent basis we'd easily be in the running for the president's trophy every season and maybe start the occasional playoff series on time.

The circumstances alone seen to motivate us. Still convinced that we can find a coach who can every night.

Reactions: arso40

Eye Test

End the soft perimeter hockey.
Apr 13, 2019
Toronto
This fanbase can't start all this nonsense again with the referees. Whether they win or lose in Game 7, it has nothing to do with the officials.

Literally last game, shortly before the first Leaf goal was scored, a Bruins player that never had the puck got plastered head first into the glass in the corner without a call. It led to a scoring chance for Robertson. It's playoff hockey, things happen, but if that had been the Bruins scoring and a Leaf player taking that hit, this place would have been filled with conspiracy theories and and baseless accusations.

This is a Canadian, Original Six market. This fanbase is way too good and way too smart to making ridiculous excuses about the referees. This market is way better than that.
Talking about holmberg getting his stick grabbed twice and he gave up and shoved the guy holding it?

Then the whistle went and a whole different line came on and scored. Doesn’t seem relatable?

authentic

Jan 28, 2015
I said before that if the league dares to choose Wes McCauley as the ref for Game 7 we know the league is definitely rigged. And it seems like they are REALLY DOING IT!!!!

I almost feel like skipping tomorrow's game to save myself from the unavoidable misery and anguish of a game-determining miscall. Perhaps we should all boycott the league.

Well I guess if we want to exorcise our demon, game 7 at Boston is not enough. It needs to be ref'ed by the most clearly biased referee who played as important a role to our game 7 losing streak as any player.

Wait he's not actually reffing game 7 is he?

Just saw he's on standby for the game. Hopefully that remains the case.

Last edited:

torontoblood

Proud Member of Leafs Nation
May 27, 2021
  1. It would likely be considered the biggest Leaf win in the salary cap era.
    And it would also be the first game 7 win for the Leafs in the salary cap era.

Last year victory against Tampa was bigger though, it was our first series win in 19 years.

GoonieFace

Jun 24, 2013
The Matrix
Not sure why people are obsessed with who is referring the game. It’s actually been very good and favored the Leafs to this point.

Anyhow, I have a good feeling the Leafs take this game. Bert with a big goal.

Reactions: leafsfan5
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad