Around the Dome v3.0 - Flames news & notes

Status
Not open for further replies.

Flames Fanatic

Mediocre
Aug 14, 2008
Cochrane

Explains why every Calgary-Edmonton game is an Oilers broadcast.

Honestly I'd be fine with purchasing the NHL package if all Flames games in Calgary were considered "out of market" because there are no regional broadcasts.

Would let me cancel the sport channel packages too.

No idea who this guy is though, could be a whole bunch of nothing.

Yuck. I would love TSN to pickup the Flames, but having listened to so many out of town broadcasters, there are so many I can't handle even listening to. Colorado and the Ducks are probably the worst offenders that we play a fair bit.

BobColesNasalCavity

Oct 15, 2016
West Side
Making the move to TSN from Leafsnet and at the same time leaving Eric Franchise there would be very positive first steps in this team leaving mediocrity behind them.

Unlimited Chequing

Christian Yellow
Jan 29, 2009
Calgary, Alberta
If there were any truth to this, we'd also be losing Ryan Leslie too. I actually like our entire broadcast team with the exception of Eric Francis. Even Cassie.

That said, I'll wait until a more reliable source reports it. I don't know who this guy is.

Reactions: Foo Fighter

Rangediddy

The puck was in
Oct 28, 2011
If there were any truth to this, we'd also be losing Ryan Leslie too. I actually like our entire broadcast team with the exception of Eric Francis. Even Cassie.

That said, I'll wait until a more reliable source reports it. I don't know who this guy is.
Cassie makes my ears bleed. I have nothing but respect for her and her hockey career, but broadcasting is not her forte. Eric's forte is being the absolute worst.

Ryan Leslie is a fan favorite and the players like him. He'll be brought back by whoever picks up the rights. I'd love for Rick Ball to also stay on.

Reactions: Snazu

Snazu

I contribute nothing
Feb 2, 2007
Cassie makes my ears bleed. I have nothing but respect for her and her hockey career, but broadcasting is not her forte. Eric's forte is being the absolute worst.

Ryan Leslie is a fan favorite and the players like him. He'll be brought back by whoever picks up the rights. I'd love for Rick Ball to also stay on.

It's really hard to listen to Cassie Campbell for me, because she seems to make a lot of mistake, especially with names. There was one broadcast where after a whistle she talked about Jakob Chychrun during a coyotes/flames game but was saying Jacob Trouba the entire time. Just little stuff like that. Hrudey I like a lot and would be sad if we lost him.

Snazu

I contribute nothing
Feb 2, 2007
I hope they don't drop Randorf on us.

We should crowd-fund our own network and only employ the good guys.
Bring back Peter Loubardias.

As a side note, I wonder if that effects 960's radio broadcast rights or if the 2 are even tied together at all.

DFF

Feb 28, 2002
2nd to 9th is up for grab in the west. Come on Flames!!!!!

If we finished 9th, BT should do the honor thing and resign.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad