Around Hockey XXIII (All Non-Jackets Hockey talk in here)

Status
Not open for further replies.

CBJWerenski8

Formerly CBJWennberg10 (RIP Kivi)
Jun 13, 2009
The west is awful but it fleury decides to play then I think this puts Chicago right up there with Vegas and Colorado as the big boys in the west, rather than just a decent team that’s a playoff team in the west (like Edmonton, Dallas, etc)

Reactions: BluejacketNut

rotsbu

Feb 14, 2020
Whose going to play D in Edmonton this year? That's C. Jones, Larsson, and Bear all gone now

DarkandStormy

Apr 29, 2014
Whose going to play D in Edmonton this year? That's C. Jones, Larsson, and Bear all gone now

Didn't you hear? They traded for Duncan Keith. Something like...
Nurse-Barrie
Keith- uhhh Ceci??
Russell-uhhh Bouchard or I suppose Klefbom?

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018
Didn't you hear? They traded for Duncan Keith. Something like...
Nurse-Barrie
Keith- uhhh Ceci??
Russell-uhhh Bouchard or I suppose Klefbom?

Nurse-Barrie
Keith-Ceci
Russell-Bouchard

Klefbom is probably done for good. Bouchard is actually really promising.

MAHJ71

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 6, 2014
NWA 217
Foligno got 3.8 X2 years

Better Boston than CBJ
giphy.gif

Reactions: majormajor

LetsGOJackets!!

Mar 23, 2004
Columbus Ohio
No, better CBJ.
yep.. Foligno only has so many years left in the tank, no home town discounts offered - 3.8M is a lot. Boston just looks sideways at what we paid Kuraly and winks :D

change of topic: anyone else wishing we had signed Pius Suter? 2 years for 6.5M total 3.25 AAV

Really liked that guy and how he plays (would have given us another 2C that could play up a little bit

DarkandStormy

Apr 29, 2014
yep.. Foligno only has so many years left in the tank, no home town discounts offered - 3.8M is a lot. Boston just looks sideways at what we paid Kuraly and winks :D

change of topic: anyone else wishing we had signed Pius Suter? 2 years for 6.5M total 3.25 AAV

Really liked that guy and how he plays (would have given us another 2C that could play up a little bit

I thought Suter made more sense than Kuraly, but when you're talking UFAs you never really know where a player is interested in signing. Maybe Suter just had no interest here. He also maybe didn't fit the timeline - this team probably won't be in the playoffs for a couple years. So a low risk, high reward type of contract he got could have turned into a very expensive contract in two years.

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018
I thought Suter made more sense than Kuraly, but when you're talking UFAs you never really know where a player is interested in signing. Maybe Suter just had no interest here. He also maybe didn't fit the timeline - this team probably won't be in the playoffs for a couple years. So a low risk, high reward type of contract he got could have turned into a very expensive contract in two years.

I don't see how a two year deal for Suter would have been anything other than perfect for our timeline.

Reactions: JacketsDavid

DarkandStormy

Apr 29, 2014
I don't see how a two year deal for Suter would have been anything other than perfect for our timeline.

Because we're not going to be good for at least the next two seasons. Maybe you flip him at the '23 TDL if he turns into a 45-50+ point center like some think. He'd just be filler (unless he really took off) until Johnson and Sillinger are ready.

But again, with UFAs, you just never know where they really want to go. He might not have even been willing to consider Columbus.

DarkandStormy

Apr 29, 2014
anyone else look at what Carolina done this off season and say WTF

multiple down grades IMO

then the Deangelo deal to top it all off

I think they have an internal cap / cheap ownership.

Brind'Amour nearly walked bc they were lowballing him / his staff.
Reportedly, they offered Nedeljkovic $1.5m AAV (traded to Detroit where he signed 2 x $3m).
Reportedly, their final offer to Hamilton was 8 x $6.2.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad