Around Hockey XXIII (All Non-Jackets Hockey talk in here)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Columbus Mike

2015-16 CBJ
Feb 21, 2008
imrs.php

In a world full of douchbaggery, props to Nikolaj Ehlers for trying to protect a clearly injured player, despite him being on the other team.

LetsGOJackets!!

Mar 23, 2004
Columbus Ohio
I'm really surprised by this I was thinking 1 game maybe 2 - 1st offense, not known as a dirty player - more a moment of frustration. FOPS is sending a message.

Ramifications: PLD needs to step in & up his game to playoff hockey or Schiefs absence will spell doom for the Jets

Nik Ehlers look of horror that an unconscious player might get hurt in a scrum and his throwing his body in to hold the herd back may be one of the best examples of humanity from the league in some time.

Reactions: CBJWerenski8

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018

I haven't read his thesis but I personally thought, while watching the game, that Rantanen should have been penalized along with Reilly Smith. 2 for a slash, 2 for embellishment. It felt embarrassing, as an Avs fan, to see Rantanen with his hands straight up as the play was continuing.

MAHJ71

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 6, 2014
NWA 217
I haven't read his thesis but I personally thought, while watching the game, that Rantanen should have been penalized along with Reilly Smith. 2 for a slash, 2 for embellishment. It felt embarrassing, as an Avs fan, to see Rantanen with his hands straight up as the play was continuing.

He really must be one helluva writer ;)

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018
It's time people give the Habs some credit. That is a beastly playoff style team.

Big Jets forwards like Dubois, Lowry, and Wheeler are going into the corners and they are getting thrown around by Chiarot and Weber. Nobody is getting away from Philip Danault. Staal, Perry, Armia, Anderson, Gallagher, etc... have no pretension of outskilling anybody. They're just taking the pucks to the net and pushing it in.

Reactions: LJ7201 and Cowumbus

cslebn

80 forever
Feb 15, 2012
It's time people give the Habs some credit. That is a beastly playoff style team.

Big Jets forwards like Dubois, Lowry, and Wheeler are going into the corners and they are getting thrown around by Chiarot and Weber. Nobody is getting away from Philip Danault. Staal, Perry, Armia, Anderson, Gallagher, etc... have no pretension of outskilling anybody. They're just taking the pucks to the net and pushing it in.

Should look somewhat familiar to PLD lol

LetsGOJackets!!

Mar 23, 2004
Columbus Ohio
PLD's 6th playoff game and he hasn't done much. This isn't the same guy that worked his ass off against TB TML and Boston. Hahahahaha.. as I said, I am bitter about him. At the same time I do like the Jets so I find myself rooting for players on the ice with him, yet hoping he personally flops.

CBJWerenski8

Formerly CBJWennberg10 (RIP Kivi)
Jun 13, 2009

They remind me of the 2013-14 CBJ with a far far better defensive core. Which is why they’re winning

Reactions: majormajor

CBJWerenski8

Jun 13, 2009
Vegas has completely dismantled Colorado in 2/3 games. The dam has finally broken, game 4 is must win for Colorado.

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018
Vegas has completely dismantled Colorado in 2/3 games. The dam has finally broken, game 4 is must win for Colorado.

Eh. Vegas has completely dominated in terms of possession, but they pretty much have to dominate the shot share to have any chance of winning. With Rantanen, Makar, and Mackinnon, they could rack up 5 goals on 20 shots. Vegas needs like 60 shots to score 5. They play with some of the best structure I've ever seen but they're not a skilled finishing team.

Reactions: CPTN71

CBJWerenski8

Jun 13, 2009
Eh. Vegas has completely dominated in terms of possession, but they pretty much have to dominate the shot share to have any chance of winning. With Rantanen, Makar, and Mackinnon, they could rack up 5 goals on 20 shots. Vegas needs like 60 shots to score 5. They play with some of the best structure I've ever seen but they're not a skilled finishing team.

I like their odds if the style of play continues. They should be up 2-1 themselves, and could potentially even 3-0 if DeBoer didn't throw game 1.

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018
I like their odds if the style of play continues. They should be up 2-1 themselves, and could potentially even 3-0 if DeBoer didn't throw game 1.

DeBoer threw game 1?

If you're referring to the goaltending, there is no goalie on the planet that wins that game 1 for them.

Reactions: CPTN71

CBJWerenski8

Jun 13, 2009
DeBoer threw game 1?

If you're referring to the goaltending, there is no goalie on the planet that wins that game 1 for them.

he did.

I agree probably. which is why I said potentially. At the very least it SHOULD be 2-1 Vegas. Which is bad news for Colorado. The good news is that its not 2-1 Vegas and they have time to right the ship with more cushion. But times running out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad