Around Hockey XXII (All Non-Jackets Hockey talk in here)

Status
Not open for further replies.

MoeBartoli

Checkers-to-Jackets
Jan 12, 2011
I love watching Matthew Barzel. Many times during a game he reminds me of Panarin. (And no, I’m not saying he’s as good as Bread).

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018
I want to root for Tampa to keep our "real ECF" streak going (every team that has beat the Jackets has gone to the finals since 2017), but the Isles are too endearing for me. Lots of good hard working veterans to root for, and Barzal is an unheralded superstar.

Reactions: rotsbu and thebus88

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018
I love watching Matthew Barzel. Many times during a game he reminds me of Panarin. (And no, I’m not saying he’s as good as Bread).

If he keeps playing like he has lately, Barzal is pushing MVP level, so I don't think that's a bad comparison. Barzal just needs to play with this kind of passion all of the time to do it. His skill level is insane.

MoeBartoli

Checkers-to-Jackets
Jan 12, 2011
If he keeps playing like he has lately, Barzal is pushing MVP level, so I don't think that's a bad comparison. Barzal just needs to play with this kind of passion all of the time to do it. His skill level is insane.
He has the tools for sure. His vision is exceptional.

Reactions: majormajor

EspenK

Sep 25, 2011
Dallas just won the West with their #1 goalie hurt. I an understand the dislike but anyone who thinks Jackets are a better team...well:huh:

Nanabijou

Booooooooooone
Dec 22, 2009
Columbus, Ohio
I think the point is that the parity is huge in the NHL and a hot goalie, with a few breaks here and there, can make the difference. I look around these playoffs and I don't see a team that is miles ahead of the Jackets. Tampa is probably the strongest team right now, and better than the Jackets, but they are not light years away.

EspenK

Sep 25, 2011
I think the point is that the parity is huge in the NHL and a hot goalie, with a few breaks here and there, can make the difference. I look around these playoffs and I don't see a team that is miles ahead of the Jackets. Tampa is probably the strongest team right now, and better than the Jackets, but they are not light years away.

Just a Point, Kucherov, Stamkos, away...

Monk

Feb 5, 2008
Dallas just won the West with their #1 goalie hurt. I an understand the dislike but anyone who thinks Jackets are a better team...well:huh:

It's not that crazy... I can see CBJ beating Dallas in a 7 game series. Also I hate them and hope TB reams them a new B hole. :)

Reactions: cslebn

ViD

#CBJNeedHugs
Sponsor
Apr 21, 2007
Blue Jackets Area
Jokes aside, if Tampa wins today, they win all their series 4-1, but if you ask them which one was the hardest, they will definitely say the one against CBJ

Reactions: rotsbu

GoJackets1

Someday.
Aug 21, 2008
Montana
To be completely honest, I thought we played them more than once this year and smoked them. Instead, we just won our one matchup. That being said, in a very quick glance, the Jackets have not lost a game to the Stars since December 2015. They would beat the Stars in a 7 game series. I expect Tampa to wipe the floor with them.

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018
Count me in the group that has us on a similar level to the Stars. The big difference is that they have so many more veterans, they're at the opposite end of the age spectrum. The Pavelski acquisition struck me as weird - why is Dallas giving $20m to a 36 year old? It's paying off for them.

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018
Please lord not a NYI DAL finals

Tampa is playing a super grindy game these days as well, they are also down to the nubs with injuries.

I'll also admit I like seeing teams make it to the finals that never had the benefit of a top 1 or 2 draft pick.

ViD

#CBJNeedHugs
Sponsor
Apr 21, 2007
Blue Jackets Area
I was extremely frustrated by the outcome, the Islanders played even worse than we did in game 1 with 5 OT and we were dead tired after the Toronto series.

Now, remember how we showed up and played amazing when facing elimination, and it hurts seeing Islanders win playing this way tonight.

Reactions: majormajor

Iron Balls McGinty

Aug 5, 2005
Manny Malhotra now an assistant for Toronto.

Wouldn’t be surprised if he becomes a future CBJ head coach when the time comes.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad