Around Hockey XXII (All Non-Jackets Hockey talk in here)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)
Alison Lukan might have got Milbury fired.
I kinda hope so. I'm not one of those feeling particularly offended by his comments (it's more of an eyeroll thing, like I do with so many other things he says), but the guy's a buffoon and an idiot and we can do so much better when it comes to hockey commentary.

Reactions: cslebn

Cowumbus

Mar 1, 2014
Arena District - Columbus
I kinda hope so. I'm not one of those feeling particularly offended by his comments (it's more of an eyeroll thing, like I do with so many other things he says), but the guy's a buffoon and an idiot and we can do so much better when it comes to hockey commentary.
Lol you took the words right out of my mouth.

His bias in the playoffs is infuriating.

Double-Shift Lasse

Just post better
Dec 22, 2004
Exurban Cbus
Because I have always been such a Matt Calvert fan, it’s a little painful that I’m actually pulling for Dallas in this series. I know neutral fans are supposed to want the best teams to advance, but I personally like when generally-accepted courses of events are interrupted.

So I’m for Dallas and Vancouver in the west.

But I also have strong negative feelings towards Boston and Philly, so I’m for Tampa and NYI in the East.

Although I’m torn on the Isles, in much the same way as I was torn on Carolina last year... because they seem like teams who were below or even with the Jackets who advance ahead. f*** I hate that.

rotsbu

Feb 14, 2020
Because I have always been such a Matt Calvert fan, it’s a little painful that I’m actually pulling for Dallas in this series. I know neutral fans are supposed to want the best teams to advance, but I personally like when generally-accepted courses of events are interrupted.

So I’m for Dallas and Vancouver in the west.

But I also have strong negative feelings towards Boston and Philly, so I’m for Tampa and NYI in the East.

Although I’m torn on the Isles, in much the same way as I was torn on Carolina last year... because they seem like teams who were below or even with the Jackets who advance ahead. f*** I hate that.

I was also figuring I would like to see the Avs go far due to Calvert and Coach Bednar, but I found myself pulling for the Stars last night.

Agree 100% in the East - go TBL and NYI. Will probably root for the NYI-PHI winner as the Metro rep in the conference finals, but we all know TBL are destined to win the East and maybe the whole thing as the team that eliminated the CBJ in round 1...

Nanabijou

Booooooooooone
Dec 22, 2009
Columbus, Ohio
I'm having a tough time understanding that trade from Pittsburgh's perspective. I get that they are focused on the current window, future be damned, but I would have thought there were better options out there for that package.

Reactions: rotsbu and cslebn

Monk

Feb 5, 2008
I'm having a tough time understanding that trade from Pittsburgh's perspective. I get that they are focused on the current window, future be damned, but I would have thought there were better options out there for that package.

Ditto.

Monstershockey

Sponsor
Dec 31, 2017
It was probably one of those deals that are done between teams that keeps good will between teams as trading partners. Kapenen was part of the Kessel deal when Toronto traded him to Pittsburgh. Toronto didn't get very much in return in that deal, unless you count Scott Harrington as a lot. Toronto needed a 1st rounder so Pittsburgh took little in return this time. A lot of teams do that.

Last edited:

The Jones Zone

Nov 27, 2013
Raleigh, NC
what would Boston be willing to give up for Elvis

Rask has 1 year left on current deal

Halak is free agent

This guy backing up Halak....he is terrible

they should have signed David Ayres

Jovavic

Gaslight Object Project
Oct 13, 2002
New Born Citizen Erased
what would Boston be willing to give up for Elvis

Rask has 1 year left on current deal

Halak is free agent

This guy backing up Halak....he is terrible

they should have signed David Ayres

There are a few options for them, or any other team, looking for goalies on the UFA market like Holtby and Lehner or via trade like Fleury or Murray/Jarry.

I don't see either one of our goalies moving because Jarmo will ask too much for them and the inquiring teams will go elsewhere.

Reactions: Fro

DarkandStormy

Apr 29, 2014
Halak's deal for next season at $2.25m was an extension. He signed the extension on May 1 of THIS YEAR. Rask is also signed through next season (at $7m).

They didn't sign Halak to be a playoff goalie. They signed up for 30-35 games in the regular season. So I don't think they're going to want to move him.

Halak is 35 and Rask is 33. I guess they're hoping one of them (Rask) ages like Tim Thomas?

Iron Balls McGinty

Aug 5, 2005
The funny thing is, this could apply to both teams in that matchup. (Ask any Nordiques fan. The Avs are to Nordiques fans what the Ravens are to Browns fans.)
While them leaving Quebec sucked for the people there, it was at least a legitimate organization with a foundation that didn't buy its way into a good team through a large expansion fee and being allowed to rape and pillage every organization for NHL talent.

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018
Are the Isles Columbus with potent offense ?

Yes in the sense that their offense is potent this postseason. Pageau is a beast, that acquisition helps a lot (don't forget he cost more than Duchene cost us!)

No in the sense that they haven't been more potent over the last couple of years. It's the same system with the same low goals for - low goals against results.

CBJWerenski8

Formerly CBJWennberg10 (RIP Kivi)
Jun 13, 2009
So Vegas is going to cakewalk to the finals again in a horrid Western conference. Its a shame Colorado got injury plagued. That would at least be a good series.

Vegas beats both NYI and TB, although I do think TB would have a good chance.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->