Around Hockey XXII (All Non-Jackets Hockey talk in here)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Monk

Feb 5, 2008
“this year.”

do the last 5-6 years now. Ever since torts got here. Because that same core for PIT is still there.

My point is no matter how even/better than them we are on paper or in the standings. They hold some sort of psychological edge over our players/coaches/whoever. And it’s a reason why we rarely ever beat them. Atkinson (iirc) even admitted to it.

You mean include the years where they were a much better team? I'm pretty sure that's major's point..

Reactions: Viqsi and Nanabijou

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018
“this year.”

do the last 5-6 years now. Ever since torts got here. Because that same core for PIT is still there.

My point is no matter how even/better than them we are on paper or in the standings. They hold some sort of psychological edge over our players/coaches/whoever. And it’s a reason why we rarely ever beat them. Atkinson (iirc) even admitted to it.

I don't think we were ever even/better than them until pretty recently. Like this year, and in the last couple playoffs.

hardkorejackets

Nov 6, 2013
Coldwater, OH
Andreas Athanasiou is reportedly not going to be qualified by the Edmonton Oilers per Ryan Rishaug of TSN Edmonton. So, I imagine they will try to trade his RFA rights or he'll become a UFA next week.

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018
Andreas Athanasiou is reportedly not going to be qualified by the Edmonton Oilers per Ryan Rishaug of TSN Edmonton. So, I imagine they will try to trade his RFA rights or he'll become a UFA next week.

He's sort of like Duclair but even less coachable, I think Torts would just leave him in the press box.

Reactions: Fro

hardkorejackets

Nov 6, 2013
Coldwater, OH
He's sort of like Duclair but even less coachable, I think Torts would just leave him in the press box.

Appearing by the stats- He never clicked in Edmonton after the trade. I found it mildly interesting considering they gave up 2 2nd round picks for the rental RFA apparently.

Just to be clear to others- I am not advocating that the Jackets try to obtain him. I posted it here as I found it interesting enough news in the NHL.

Kellen

Apr 17, 2019
Appearing by the stats- He never clicked in Edmonton after the trade. I found it mildly interesting considering they gave up 2 2nd round picks for the rental RFA apparently.

Just to be clear to others- I am not advocating that the Jackets try to obtain him. I posted it here as I found it interesting enough news in the NHL.

Didn’t we almost obtain him at the deadline ? Or am I mistaken? I feel like it was a “done deal” and we got our bid last second.

Last edited by a moderator:

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)
Meanwhile my other team is clearly in WTAF mode. From "lots of center depth even if it's a little touchy" to "wait why is Sissons on the third line now and who are we playing behind him I DO NOT UNDERSTAND"

If we hadn't just acquired Domi, I'd have been all about a "prove it" contract for Turris; I really do think he'd bounce back nicely given #2C minutes. But we've got someone else who's shown a higher ceiling and is younger, so... :dunno:

JohnnyJacket13

(formerly PD9)
Sponsor
Jan 14, 2015
Columbus
Meanwhile my other team is clearly in WTAF mode. From "lots of center depth even if it's a little touchy" to "wait why is Sissons on the third line now and who are we playing behind him I DO NOT UNDERSTAND"

If we hadn't just acquired Domi, I'd have been all about a "prove it" contract for Turris; I really do think he'd bounce back nicely given #2C minutes. But we've got someone else who's shown a higher ceiling and is younger, so... :dunno:

If we buy out Wennberg, would you be opposed to Nashville giving him a shot?

Finner

Dec 8, 2018
Didnt find better thread.

CBJ has erase in Finland. I have even found CBJ hats in regular stores, people are talking more about CBJ at online, in podcasts, etc etc.. It was very different 2-20 years ago 1/10000 didnt know anything about CBJ or even care.

Reactions: Monk

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018

CBJ has erase in Finland. I have even found CBJ hats in regular stores, people are talking more about CBJ at online, in podcasts, etc etc.. It was very different 2-20 years ago 1/10000 didnt know anything about CBJ or even care.

Imagine the attention if the Jackets get Laine? My understanding is that he's super popular in Finland despite not being a Barkov/Aho/Heiskanen level player?

[I'm assuming you mean "cachet" or something like that. Erase doesn't mean that.]

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)

Well, to be fair, 20 years ago the team didn't exist.

koteka

Jan 1, 2017
Central Ohio

What do the Finns know about Cincinnati style chili?

Finner

Dec 8, 2018
Imagine the attention if the Jackets get Laine? My understanding is that he's super popular in Finland despite not being a Barkov/Aho/Heiskanen level player?

[I'm assuming you mean "cachet" or something like that. Erase doesn't mean that.]

Laine is very popular in Finland and especially in Tampere his hometown. But Finnish people are only people in the world who are ready to pay 50€ if your neighbour dont get a 100€, so here is many Laine haters too.

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018
Laine is very popular in Finland and especially in Tampere his hometown. But Finnish people are only people in the world who are ready to pay 50€ if your neighbour dont get a 100€, so here is many Laine haters too.

Is that a finding from an actual study?

Finner

Dec 8, 2018
Is that a finding from an actual study?

I dont think so but that is how it is. Kind a funny people here, when national hockey begins we are all one big family and we all know everything about it, we hug,dance,drink,telling jokes etc. After hockey we go back to normal. 1.5meters away from each each other, hoping nobody says nothing to you, getting pissed cause someone has a brand new car.

@veryfinnishproblem from youtube is hilarious.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad