Around Hockey XXII (All Non-Jackets Hockey talk in here)

Status
Not open for further replies.

GoJackets1

Someday.
Aug 21, 2008
Montana
Remember when McAvoy didn’t get 5 for hurting Anderson and instead got suspended a game for the next series?
Even now, every time I see a guy down on the ice after blocking a shot and the whistle blows, I get instantly pissed off.

Edit: Man it's nice to watch competent hockey fit for 2021. Florida is a decently skilled team, but there's no reason the Jackets can't play the same way they do.

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018
Edit: Man it's nice to watch competent hockey fit for 2021. Florida is a decently skilled team, but there's no reason the Jackets can't play the same way they do.

I agree but it will take a while to deprogram the Jackets players after 2 years of super-cautious play.

GoJackets1

Someday.
Aug 21, 2008
Montana
That's funny.

This reminded me of the Jackets series against the Caps where Bob was the better goalie at 5v5 but the Jackets handed the Caps powerplay 5+ chances per game. Of course Bob took the blame, and here you are.
Yeah, Bob wasn't to blame for at least the 3 Tampa goals I saw.

Reactions: majormajor

CBJWerenski8

Formerly CBJWennberg10 (RIP Kivi)
Jun 13, 2009
Playoff Bob

Show me any goalie who's stopping any of those shots. I guess you can blame him for the first Point goal but damn the Panthers just let Kucherov stand unopposed the whole game from that spot. Maybe cover him. That game isn't on Bob, its on the Panthers (namely Bennett) not keeping their cool and staying out of the box in the important parts of the game. Chokejob.

Reactions: majormajor

CBJWerenski8

Jun 13, 2009

1. The league needs to close this loophole. not sure what can be done (maybe you can only go over the cap by 5% in the playoffs? Or something?) but Tampa and Toronto literally abused the LTIR system.

2. This is some expert trolling even if unintentional.

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018

1. The league needs to close this loophole. not sure what can be done (maybe you can only go over the cap by 5% in the playoffs? Or something?) but Tampa and Toronto literally abused the LTIR system.

2. This is some expert trolling even if unintentional.

I say even 5% over is too much. Just have a regular salary cap for the playoffs. If you replace someone using LTIR then equivalent caphit has to come out of the lineup when that player returns.

Reactions: EspenK

CBJWerenski8

Jun 13, 2009
Some people really pushed for the jackets to take a package around Kotkaniemi+Caufield for PLD

Both of these players are healthy scratches for montreal for game 1.

I understand caufield still has seasoning to do. I realize Laine and Roslovic have their own shortcomings, but thank the lord jarmo didn’t take that deal.

Reactions: Monk

Nanabijou

Booooooooooone
Dec 22, 2009
Columbus, Ohio
Some people really pushed for the jackets to take a package around Kotkaniemi+Caufield for PLD

I understand caufield still has seasoning to do. I realize Laine and Roslovic have their own shortcomings, but thank the lord jarmo didn’t take that deal.

I'm not going to dig through the posts, but it must have been a slim number, if any, regular posters here that pushed for that package. I remember most here telling Montreal fans that Suzuki would need to be included in any deal with the Habs.

Monk

Feb 5, 2008
I'm not going to dig through the posts, but it must have been a slim number, if any, regular posters here that pushed for that package. I remember most here telling Montreal fans that Suzuki would need to be included in any deal with the Habs.

I think it was almost exclusively non-CBJ fans on the trade board that CBJW is referring to.

cslebn

80 forever
Feb 15, 2012

Isn't game 1 Friday?

Jive Pawnbroker

One day next week
Feb 18, 2009
on SCTV
I think it was almost exclusively non-CBJ fans on the trade board that CBJW is referring to.

There may have been some CBJ fans who were OK with the Kotkaniemi offer but I recall mostly it being Habs fans pushing that offer, CBJ fans for the most part countering with Suzuki and Habs fans saying No to that.

CBJWerenski8

Jun 13, 2009

Nah. There’s some here.

We mostly wanted KK+Suzuki, but some were OK with both KK+Caufield

Monk

Feb 5, 2008
Nah. There’s some here.

We mostly wanted KK+Suzuki, but some were OK with both KK+Caufield

I stand by 'almost exclusively' - or like you said, some. But not many.

I don't even understand the want for Suzuki other than MTL fans reeeeeally pumping his tires. He's basically a slightly more progressed Texier IMO.

Reactions: CBJWerenski8

EspenK

Sep 25, 2011
how on earth did you come to that conclusion from that article?

well, let me think...Drury has already interviewed Gallant, been in contact with Tocchet and reached out to Torts. Meanwhile back at the ranch Jarmo is either waiting for JD (see another of those damn puzzling conclusions) or is waiting for an employed coach or maybe the Finnish coach. My only point is for something that is a fairly important part of moving forward there appears to be little movement so far other than Jarmo's innocuous comment that we have a few guys in mind or something to that effect. Or maybe it is just that Brooks is a lot more tuned in than Porty/Hedger et al.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad