Around Hockey XXII (All Non-Jackets Hockey talk in here)

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Four Seven

You encountered Negative Man!
Feb 3, 2009
Central Ohio
Tom Wilson should just go into that sham boxing that Jake Paul is into and get his jollies that way. Would never happen, though, because even that has the illusion of a fair fight, something Wilson has never wanted.

DarkandStormy

Apr 29, 2014
So Buchnevich is battling in the crease and eventually gets knocked to the ice. TVR appears to be kneeling on his back leg. Wilson puts his weight with his stick to Buchnevich's neck/back of head. Then he throws a gloved punch to the side of Buchnevich's head. Strome tries to pull Wilson off his team. TVR wrestles Strome to the ground. Not content with his teammate engaging Strome, Wilson feels the need to pile on and throws a gloved punch to Strome's ribs. So then Panarin sees Wilson teeing off on a teammate already engaged and tries to get Wilson off of Strome. Wilson then scrums with Panarin, gets his helmet off, and then pulls Panarin's hair back while slew-footing him to the ice. Panarin came within inches of a major head injury. To boot, Wilson then throws a couple of gloved punches at Panarin while he's on the ice.

Tom Wilson is a piece of sh** who doesn't care if he kills someone on the ice. If he's allowed to play any more games in this league, it's too many.

Reactions: Halfboard

Double-Shift Lasse

Just post better
Dec 22, 2004
Exurban Cbus
So Buchnevich is battling in the crease and eventually gets knocked to the ice. TVR appears to be kneeling on his back leg. Wilson puts his weight with his stick to Buchnevich's neck/back of head. Then he throws a gloved punch to the side of Buchnevich's head. Strome tries to pull Wilson off his team. TVR wrestles Strome to the ground. Not content with his teammate engaging Strome, Wilson feels the need to pile on and throws a gloved punch to Strome's ribs. So then Panarin sees Wilson teeing off on a teammate already engaged and tries to get Wilson off of Strome. Wilson then scrums with Panarin, gets his helmet off, and then pulls Panarin's hair back while slew-footing him to the ice. Panarin came within inches of a major head injury. To boot, Wilson then throws a couple of gloved punches at Panarin while he's on the ice.

Tom Wilson is a piece of sh** who doesn't care if he kills someone on the ice. If he's allowed to play any more games in this league, it's too many.

This is how I saw it and was my reaction.

Reactions: DarkandStormy

VT

Jan 24, 2021
Slovakia
You apparently didn't see what Wilson did to Buchnevich and Strome prior to that. He was trying to defend his teammates.
I saw all but I don't understand why Panarin did it. There were Rangers players and you compare Wilson and Panarin. And still so silly.

Jive Pawnbroker

One day next week
Feb 18, 2009
on SCTV
I saw all but I don't understand why Panarin did it. There were Rangers players and you compare Wilson and Panarin. And still so silly.

What should Panarin have done in your opinion? Just stand by and watch Wilson abuse his teammates? "Oh pretty please, Mr. Wilson; would you stop doing that?"

Regardless of the sport, when an opponent is taking liberties with your teammate you stand up to him and do your part to defend your teammate.

Reactions: Halfboard

VT

Jan 24, 2021
Slovakia
What should Panarin have done in your opinion? Just stand by and watch Wilson abuse his teammates? "Oh pretty please, Mr. Wilson; would you stop doing that?"

Regardless of the sport, when an opponent is taking liberties with your teammate you stand up to him and do your part to defend your teammate.
But silly, very silly jumping on Wilson`s back if a referee and Buchnevich were there and his opponent was Tom Wilson.
Btw Wilson didn`t strike Buchnevich on his head.

Last edited:

Jive Pawnbroker

One day next week
Feb 18, 2009
on SCTV
But silly, very silly jumping on Wilson`s back if a referee and Buchnevich were there and his opponent was Tom Wilson.
Btw Wilson didn`t strike Buchnevich on his head.

The league fined Wilson $5,000 for him working over Buchnevich, punch to the head or not. I never claimed he hit Buchnevich on the head so I'm not sure why you are bringing that up with me.

Oh, and I have a BTW for you; I'm still waiting on you to say what Panarin should have done in that situation vs. what he did.

Last edited:

VT

Jan 24, 2021
Slovakia
So you are saying that the league fined Wilson $5,000 for doing nothing to Buchnevich?

Oh, and I have a BTW for you; I'm still waiting on you to say what Panarin should have done in that situation vs. what he did.
Show me where he strike Buchnevich on the head. Because this video doesn't show it.

I always think he shouldn't jump on Wilson's back in similar situation. Again, in similar situation. If nobody would be next to Strome and Panarin would be in the front of Wilson or next to him it would be something another.

Halfboard

Nov 30, 2005
Tim Wilson is a 70s style GOON.

yeah, he has some skill, but he negates that with his over the line crap. IMHO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad