Around Hockey XXII (All Non-Jackets Hockey talk in here)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cyclones Rock

Jun 12, 2008
http://www.buffalohockeybeat.com/goalie-michael-houser-stands-out-again-helps-sabres-win-shootout/
Former Cincinnati Cyclones goalie Michael Houser-whose last game was on March 7, 2020 (I was there. LOL) won his second consecutive start for the Buffalo Sabres last night. It's a Cinderella Story. He's been way too good for the ECHL since he began playing professionally in 2012-13, but like a fair number of pro players, just never got the chance he needed-until two days ago. He's only had 8 AHL games since 2014-15.

I've had the chance to talk to him on several occasions and he's a really friendly guy. I hope he becomes the next Tim Thomas (he also made his NHL debut at age 28).

Michael Houser at eliteprospects.com

Last edited:
Reactions: koteka

Cyclones Rock

Jun 12, 2008
I don`t understand why Panaring jumped on Wilson. He got what he wanted.
I agree.

Panarin jumped on Wilson to defend a teammate. But when you jump on someone's back, you should expect some serious payback. Panarin didn't get hurt-except superficially. Wilson could dismember a weakling like Panarin in two seconds if he wanted to.

Much ado about nothing. Most North American hockey fans would prefer a no check league and mandatory opponent hugging in front of the net instead of real battles. Their hero, Gary Bettman, is bring their dream to them incrementally.

Reactions: thebus88

Double-Shift Lasse

Just post better
Dec 22, 2004
Exurban Cbus
Much ado about nothing. Most North American hockey fans would prefer a no check league and mandatory opponent hugging in front of the net instead of real battles.

upload_2021-5-5_6-38-50.jpeg

VT

Jan 24, 2021
Slovakia
I agree.

Panarin jumped on Wilson to defend a teammate. But when you jump on someone's back, you should expect some serious payback. Panarin didn't get hurt-except superficially. Wilson could dismember a weakling like Panarin in two seconds if he wanted to.

Much ado about nothing. Most North American hockey fans would prefer a no check league and mandatory opponent hugging in front of the net instead of real battles. Their hero, Gary Bettman, is bring their dream to them incrementally.
It wasn`t to defending a teammate. Defending teammate is when nobody isn`t around and a player doesn`t jumped on oponent back.

Their hero, Gary Bettman, is bring their dream to them incrementally.
Bettman is Bettman. I hope it never won`t be it.

MoeBartoli

Checkers-to-Jackets
Jan 12, 2011
I was angered when I saw the video of Wilson being Wilson and angrier when I heard the league gave him the equivalent of a parking ticket. I was so incensed, which is uncharacteristic of me.

How bad do I hate Tom Wilson? If he ever became a Jacket, I’d cease being a fan.

Reactions: majormajor and Monk

DarkandStormy

Apr 29, 2014
We have had our fair share

Comeau, Torres probably have a few ‘highlights too’

-Foligno was suspended once with the Blue Jackets (that clip).
-Calvert was suspended once with the Blue Jackets (that clip).
-The best I could find, Blake Comeau was suspended once with the Blue Jackets.
-Raffi Torres was never suspended while with Columbus.

Please look up the word predatory.

Cowumbus

Mar 1, 2014
Arena District - Columbus
-Foligno was suspended once with the Blue Jackets (that clip).
-Calvert was suspended once with the Blue Jackets (that clip).
-The best I could find, Blake Comeau was suspended once with the Blue Jackets.

You can be predatory once, or consistently. In all of those hits the opposing player was vulnerable.

Not sure why you’re so upset? Just saying we have had players who sometimes ‘attempt to injure.’

Reactions: thebus88

spintheblackcircle

incoming!!!
Mar 1, 2002

William Karlsson never scored 30 with Columbus. But he is a 30 goal scorer.

Torres may not have been suspended here,but he has been suspended for more games than anyone in hockey history than anyone who wasn't permanently banned.

He's worse than Wilson.

rotsbu

Feb 14, 2020
John Davidson out with the NYR.

I don't get that on the surface. NYR are on the verge of being very good for a long while.

Nanabijou

Booooooooooone
Dec 22, 2009
Columbus, Ohio
Wow, crazy news out of New York. I have no idea if bringing back JD makes sense based on what McConnell would have to pay him. But, we have been lamenting the fact that with him and Zito gone, it seems like our front office is a little light right now. Always good to have someone to talk things out and Jarmo could perhaps use JD this off-season.

Double-Shift Lasse

Just post better
Dec 22, 2004
Exurban Cbus
Enh. Nothing against JD, but if Jarmo wants someone to help him suss out this offseason I'd prefer a fresh perspective.

And wow at the development just over the statement. There has to be more.

Reactions: majormajor

CBJWerenski8

Formerly CBJWennberg10 (RIP Kivi)
Jun 13, 2009
Hilarious. Don’t feel one bit of sorrow for him. Grass isn’t always greener is it Mr. Mustache? I hope that team trades Lafrienere and Kakko for lucic or something

That being said, I’ll gladly welcome him back

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad