Around Hockey XXI (All Non-Jackets Hockey talk in here)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jyrki

Benning has been purged! VANmen!
May 24, 2011
溫哥華
Kings rumored to switch towards rebuilding by trading Carter and what do you know, he's pouting about it. Doesn't want to leave LA and he only has a few million left on his front-loaded contract, so word is that he'd sooner retire than get shipped out... a rumor which should plummet his value and keep him close to Californian beaches.

CBJWerenski8

Formerly CBJWennberg10 (RIP Kivi)
Jun 13, 2009
Kings rumored to switch towards rebuilding by trading Carter and what do you know, he's pouting about it. Doesn't want to leave LA and he only has a few million left on his front-loaded contract, so word is that he'd sooner retire than get shipped out... a rumor which should plummet his value and keep him close to Californian beaches.

I could think of worse fates.

Jaxs

Jul 4, 2008
I am all for getting the blind side and egregiously late hits out of the game, but the referees have to be able to have discretion. There has been much progress in the last 10 or more years teaching younger players about checking. Putting stop signs on the backs of jerseys and not allowing checking at all until kids are squirts or peewees was a good intro for kids. This is the IIHF just legislating to legislate.

Controversial new IIHF checking rules will be on display at World Juniors

MoeBartoli

Checkers-to-Jackets
Jan 12, 2011

Hopefully we stay far away. Looks like a Kovalchuk 2.0 waiting to happen.

I'm all for bringing Datsyuk here if he wants a short term contract.
I'm in for a short term deal, but I'll admit it could be a skewed thought based on my bias. Datsyuk was my favorite non-Jacket over the past decade. I just know what remains in his aging game. unlike Kovalchuk, Datsyuk was always known for his defensive prowess so I'm less worried about him being a liability.....just more unsure of what he can still bring. In his day, he was one of the most complete players in the game.

Reactions: JohnnyJacket13

JohnnyJacket13

(formerly PD9)
Sponsor
Jan 14, 2015
Columbus
I'm in for a short term deal, but I'll admit it could be a skewed thought based on my bias. Datsyuk was my favorite non-Jacket over the past decade. I just know what remains in his aging game. unlike Kovalchuk, Datsyuk was always known for his defensive prowess so I'm less worried about him being a liability.....just more unsure of what he can still bring. In his day, he was one of the most complete players in the game.

Oh I don’t disagree. Datsyuk was one of the best players in the league. I’m just skeptical of adding a 41 year old for more than a year to our roster/cap situation.

Nov 13, 2006
Ohio
No. Their offense is anemic. 91 goals for vs 121 for the the Jackets.
Why? It seems like Aho could play on almost any team's first line. Teravainen looks really good. Staal is still decent, Rask always looks good when the Jackets play Carolina. They seem like a good young team, why aren't they scoring?

major major

Feb 18, 2013
Why? It seems like Aho could play on almost any team's first line. Teravainen looks really good. Staal is still decent, Rask always looks good when the Jackets play Carolina. They seem like a good young team, why aren't they scoring?

If Staal and Rask were scoring it would help. They also traded away Elias Lindholm, and Dougie Hamilton has been a dud. Their centers after Aho have fallen apart.

The Jones Zone

Nov 27, 2013
Raleigh, NC
If Staal and Rask were scoring it would help. They also traded away Elias Lindholm, and Dougie Hamilton has been a dud. Their centers after Aho have fallen apart.

This.....and don't forget they also traded Skinner
Aho is amazing, if Jarmo would have picked him the Jackets would be top contenders
for the cup this year

Maylo

It never happened.
May 20, 2017
I wish we have an owner like Dallas has. What a stud! So is their president.

major major

Feb 18, 2013
I wish we have an owner like Dallas has. What a stud! So is their president.

Thankfully our superstars are hard workers.

And you have to wonder if that sort of statement being made public is the best thing, or whether it's just some power-tripping. There's more than a few hockey execs who can bring down the hammer on a player, but there are very few, if any, who do it through the media. There might be a good reason for that.

Maylo

It never happened.
May 20, 2017
Thankfully our superstars are hard workers.

And you have to wonder if that sort of statement being made public is the best thing, or whether it's just some power-tripping. There's more than a few hockey execs who can bring down the hammer on a player, but there are very few, if any, who do it through the media. There might be a good reason for that.
I mean if he goes off like that on their star players, he sure wouldn't tolerate a BS like Larsen on this team.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad