Around Hockey XXI (All Non-Jackets Hockey talk in here)

Status
Not open for further replies.

CBJWerenski8

Formerly CBJWennberg10 (RIP Kivi)
Jun 13, 2009
It sucks that Arizona has to move to the central. They could have had a desert rivalry with Vegas.

Reactions: CPTN71

EspenK

Sep 25, 2011
It sucks that Arizona has to move to the central. They could have had a desert rivalry with Vegas.

Didn't realize that. Does suck for them especially how the divisions stack up now. Who knows what they will be like in 2021.

Crede777

Deputized
Dec 16, 2009
In the 2020-2021 season the Jackets should invert their roster and give bottom-6 and bottom pairing guys tons of minutes. Just so we can make sure we aren't exposing any 40-50 goal scorers.

Reactions: major major

JohnnyJacket13

(formerly PD9)
Sponsor
Jan 14, 2015
Columbus
There’s no reason to worry about the Seattle expansion draft till January 2021. We’ll end up losing a good player. Let’s enjoy the next few seasons, hopefully with a lot more bread on the menu.

major major

Feb 18, 2013
the ESPN selected unis are awful. Hopefully the team does better.

Seattle-Kraken-Sparky-Chewbarky.jpg

This looks pretty good to my eyes. It's got the cool trident/tentacle combo, and unlike all the other bland dark green unis (one Minnesota Wild look is already too many), it adds enough bright colour to jump out.

major major

Feb 18, 2013
There’s no reason to worry about the Seattle expansion draft till January 2021. We’ll end up losing a good player. Let’s enjoy the next few seasons, hopefully with a lot more bread on the menu.

Knowing myself, between now and then I'll probably write about 400 mostly repetitive posts analyzing the expansion draft possibilities. But you're right, they're going to take a good player no matter what the Jackets do.

major major

Feb 18, 2013
In the 2020-2021 season the Jackets should invert their roster and give bottom-6 and bottom pairing guys tons of minutes. Just so we can make sure we aren't exposing any 40-50 goal scorers.

I've thought it through and we really need to make sure everyone plays an above average amount of ice time, at least 17 minutes a night for all 23 men on the roster. Should be possible. Apparently the ~14 minutes a night William Karlsson was getting wasn't enough and we let greatness go because of that.

Monk

Feb 5, 2008
I've thought it through and we really need to make sure everyone plays an above average amount of ice time, at least 17 minutes a night for all 23 men on the roster. Should be possible. Apparently the ~14 minutes a night William Karlsson was getting wasn't enough and we let greatness go because of that.

I'd love Wennberg to outscore Karlsson in the next few seasons. If Wennberg were playing on the top line I think it'd be pretty likely.

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)
Seattle-Kraken-Sparky-Chewbarky.jpg

This looks pretty good to my eyes. It's got the cool trident/tentacle combo, and unlike all the other bland dark green unis (one Minnesota Wild look is already too many), it adds enough bright colour to jump out.
That tentacle setup is wonderfully inspired; it's an obvious homage to the logo of the Metropolitans. I approve.

* * *​
Looks like Reaves gave that goon Wilson a taste of his own medicine...

Live by the blindside hit, die by the blindside hit.

Speedy Sanderson

Jan 29, 2012
Jackets haven't cornered the market when it comes to blowing games late.....Flyers absolutely gagged one away last night in Calgary.

Crede777

Deputized
Dec 16, 2009
So Las Vegas will not lose a player? That does not seem fair. Oh well.
They also don't get a share of the expansion fee which is about $21.5 million for the other 30 owners.

That said, many of those owners will be losing players who their GM's value at or more than $21.5 million judging by their contracts so...

Monk

Feb 5, 2008
They also don't get a share of the expansion fee which is about $21.5 million for the other 30 owners.

That said, many of those owners will be losing players who their GM's value at or more than $21.5 million judging by their contracts so...

The fans should get a cut of that 21.5

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad