Around Hockey XXI (All Non-Jackets Hockey talk in here)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Old Guy

Just waitin' on my medication.
Aug 30, 2015
Could we please get John Davidson or Mike Priest to gather the media, then launch into a profane laced tirade aimed at Bread and Cam?

I want the Blue Jackets to host an outdoor game also.

Reactions: CPTN71

CBJWerenski8

Formerly CBJWennberg10 (RIP Kivi)
Jun 13, 2009
Could we please get John Davidson or Mike Priest to gather the media, then launch into a profane laced tirade aimed at Bread and Cam?

I want the Blue Jackets to host an outdoor game also.

Just wait until Panarin signs somewhere, then you have a chance at JD yelling about extortion.

Reactions: db2011

Theo Von

gang gang buzz buzz
Nov 15, 2013
@TaketheCannoli @WerenskiRules @major major ... this is random but I absolutely love Aho and would do (almost) anything to have him on the CBJ. obviously the Canes wouldn’t trade Aho in a million years but he has to be one of my favorite players in the entire league. top 3 favorite, easily.

Bobcat110

Feb 11, 2004
Central Ohio
Could be a great day Tuesday if games go according to Hoyle.

Pens@Sharks
Caps(played tonight)@Preds
Blues@Isles
Devils(played tonight) @Jackets

MAHJ71

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 6, 2014
NWA 217
Fortunately most people are optimistic that it will be avoided

Yeah, you think so?

I don't, because numerous media/writers that interview on Sirius XM NHL Radio have said they feel it will go to a lockout. The hosts were in fact talking about it today with news that the 2020 World Cup tourney won't happen.

I hope to be wrong.

CBJWerenski8

Formerly CBJWennberg10 (RIP Kivi)
Jun 13, 2009
Yeah, you think so?

I don't, because numerous media/writers that interview on Sirius XM NHL Radio have said they feel it will go to a lockout. The hosts were in fact talking about it today with news that the 2020 World Cup tourney won't happen.

I hope to be wrong.

Most in the mainstream media (like TSN, the athletic) think it can be avoided as the issues aren’t as pressing as they were in 2012-13.

MAHJ71

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 6, 2014
NWA 217
Most in the mainstream media (like TSN, the athletic) think it can be avoided as the issues aren’t as pressing as they were in 2012-13.

Odd, haven't seen a single person who thinks it'll be avoided.

Sirius NHL has nothing but TSN, Athletic, NBC people on to talk.. mainstream people, so not sure how they wouldn't be considered mainstream LOL

The threat of another lockout could get in the way of 2020 World Cup of Hockey - TheHockeyNews

NHL and NHLPA announce that World Cup of Hockey will not be played in 2020

https://thehockeywriters.com/nhl-players-planning-lockout-signing-bonuses/

Lockout looming? NHL is 1 year away from key labor deadline

Lebrun is literally the 1 person I could find that is optimistic it would be avoided
LeBrun: For real, NHL and NHLPA both appear to want...

Last edited:

koteka

Jan 1, 2017
Central Ohio
Did anyone predict that 47 games into the season the Islanders would be 1st in the Metro and be tied with Toronto for the 2nd most points in the Eastern Conference?

MAHJ71

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 6, 2014
NWA 217
Did anyone predict that 47 games into the season the Islanders would be 1st in the Metro and be tied with Toronto for the 2nd most points in the Eastern Conference?

Equally incredible... NYI are ranked 1st amongst all teams in Goals Against Average.

Heard this on the radio and couldn't believe it.

Screen Shot 2019-01-19 at 12.14.16 PM.png

Reactions: Thrasymachus
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad