Around Hockey XII (All Non-Jackets Hockey talk in here)

Status
Not open for further replies.

RogerSterling

Aug 25, 2013
Wow. You're reading way too much into it. Relax.

I didn't mean "Columbus should just worry about Columbus" as if it had some sort of impact on the outcome of games, let's not be stupid.

I meant it as simply, Columbus needs to take care of Columbus in response to angst about other teams coming on here and there. If we're to be concerned every time a team around Columbus in the standings wins a couple, particularly at game 10, I think a lot of people are going to needlessly worry themselves into a fit. Seems like a lot of wasted energy for nothing. It's an 82 game season with ebbs and flows for every team - there shouldn't be panic at every shift in the standings. Maybe some enjoy worrying about what other teams do, I'm just not that guy. I worry about how my team is doing and in this case, I think if my team takes care of what they can control, they'll be ok.

I'll always wonder how anyone can determine the tone of a person's message board post without any voice inflection and without any personal attacks. I'm not sure why I need to relax, I'm just not a fan of the "focus on ourselves!" line of thinking as a fan. I didn't mean to come off as angry, upset, anxious, or whatever other tone you read my post in.

Anyway, to the point - it's good to know how the other teams in the division are doing. It's not needless worrying to point out that the Rangers are playing better now and starting to get healthy. It isn't needless worrying to wonder how the slow start will affect the Jackets farther on in the season, specifically when the team needs to be more consistent or get lost outside of playoff position. We're kidding ourselves if we think other teams in the Metro aren't going to start playing well and racking up points. It'd be nice to be one of those teams for a change.

Sore Loser

Sorest of them all
Dec 9, 2006
Spokane, WA.
Freakin' unbelievable! No hearing scheduled for Emery.

Washington should bring up a goon and have him attack Emery next time they play. Precedence would say he gets some penalty minutes and that's it. The NHL is run by a bunch of idiots.

http://prohockeytalk.nbcsports.com/2013/11/02/nhl-no-hearing-scheduled-for-emery-after-holtby-fight/

According to the NHL's disciplinary committee, "rule 46" limits suspensions for instigators unless they are repeat offenders. So, if I'm managing the Caps, I go out and find some 6'10" goon that's never stepped foot on NHL ice, wait for a powerplay, put him on, have everyone else grab a dance partner so nobody can protect Emery, and have him go to town. Since, you know, the NHL can't suspend him.

RogerSterling

Aug 25, 2013
I get the feeling they're going to change that rule due to Emery's idiocy. The Flyers are an embarrassment.

EDIT: In order to avoid double posting I thought I'd add this in here:

To illustrate my point about picking up points early while other teams are struggling, the following teams ahead of the Jackets in the Metro won tonight:

Penguins 3-0 (but we knew that) 22 points
Islanders 3-1 15 points
Capitals 3-2 14 points
Rangers 5-1 12 points

A win tonight would've put the Jackets in fifth place behind the Rangers with a game in hand over the Islanders and Capitals. The Rangers have played the same amount of games as the Jackets, and Thursday's game would mean significantly more if the team sat in fifth with 12 points right now.

I get the feeling Thursday's game will tell us a lot about the Jackets either way.

Last edited:

Samkow

Now do Classical Gas
Jul 4, 2002
Detroit
m7h51.jpg

Samkow

Now do Classical Gas
Jul 4, 2002
Detroit

Keep trying to eliminate fighting during the intermission entertainment and you're just gonna see this happen more and more. :shakehead

pete goegan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 6, 2006
Washington, DC
For those interested:

The NHL Fan Face Off Team needs your help again.

Over the summer, we had a drop off in the number of individuals participating in the NHL Fan Face Off Community. We desperately need your help to recruit new members for the NHL Fan Face Off Community.

You don't have to be a big fan of the NHL to be part of the NHL Fan Face Off Community. Fans of all avidity levels are welcome.

Please email your friends and family members who are NHL fans the survey link below and ask them to sign up to be part of the NHL Fan Face Off Community. They can also visit www.nhlfanfaceoff.com and click on the JOIN button.

https://www.nhlfanfaceoff.com/R.aspx?a=439

Thanks

NHL Fan Face Off Team

EspenK

Sep 25, 2011
Rangers blowing out Pens 5-1 with about 4 mins to go. Hopefully they leave it all on the Garden ice tonight.

RogerSterling

Aug 25, 2013
Yeah, after watching that game I don't have a good feeling about tomorrow night's game. I think it's going to be a long night.

RogerSterling

Aug 25, 2013
Yeah because you play well one night means you will play wel lthe next night. Yep.

Uh, yeah, actually. I understand that this is a foreign concept to most around here but it is possible for teams to play well with consistency. I know, I'm talking crazy. Who would expect a team to play well for more than one or two games at a time? That's asking way too much of the guys.

Fro

Cheatin on CBJ w TBL
Mar 11, 2009
The Beach, FL
Panthers just fired Dineen and staff....cue Lavs to FLA in 3...2...1...

edit: may not be a big fan of the puckdaddy guys...but DAYYYYYYYAM

Greg Wyshynski ‏@wyshynski 50s
Dale Tallon: "It was clear that our team needed a change in philosophy and direction." Do they have mirrors in Sunrise?

FANonymous

Nov 7, 2010
Panthers just fired Dineen and staff....cue Lavs to FLA in 3...2...1...

edit: may not be a big fan of the puckdaddy guys...but DAYYYYYYYAM

Greg Wyshynski ‏@wyshynski 50s
Dale Tallon: "It was clear that our team needed a change in philosophy and direction." Do they have mirrors in Sunrise?

Porty is going to love this one. Cue Dineen to Columbus.

Fro

Cheatin on CBJ w TBL
Mar 11, 2009
The Beach, FL
just posted in Fire Richards thread...but sweet irony

Aaron Portzline ‏@Aportzline 58s
RT @dicknorrisowns: @Aportzline Is Kevin Dineen now the front runner to replace Todd Richards? #CBJ // He's in Florida. #payattentionplease

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad