Around Hockey XII (All Non-Jackets Hockey talk in here)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kev22

Feb 19, 2003
Plain City, OH
Visit site

Based on the tweet they have in the story about his right leg being elevated while trying to immobilize, maybe a compound fracture? Too bad. Stamkos is a top 3 player in the league. Feel bad for the kid, but as long as he heals properly he'll still have a long career ahead of him. If you really want to be sickened by HF, go to the thread on the main boards. Starting to devolve into a finger pointing match, trying to assess blame. Worry about the player, not whose at fault or Canada's olympic chances. Show some compassion.

Iron Balls McGinty

Aug 5, 2005
Based on the tweet they have in the story about his right leg being elevated while trying to immobilize, maybe a compound fracture? Too bad. Stamkos is a top 3 player in the league. Feel bad for the kid, but as long as he heals properly he'll still have a long career ahead of him. If you really want to be sickened by HF, go to the thread on the main boards. Starting to devolve into a finger pointing match, trying to assess blame. Worry about the player, not whose at fault or Canada's olympic chances. Show some compassion.

He tried to get up and walk on it, which could have ultimately made it worse. The way it bends around the post pretty much confirms its broken. Nobody is at fault, it's just an unfortunate hockey play. Too bad. He's one of the true stars of the game.

Sore Loser

Sorest of them all
Dec 9, 2006
Spokane, WA.
Stamkos just broke something in his leg

Yeah ... his leg ;)

Seriously though, that was gruesome ... hope for a speedy recovery for Stammer, seems like a classy guy. Amazed that he even tried to stand up afterwards ... I've only seen that one other time, from a guy who is arguably the toughest hockey player I've ever seen.

pete goegan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 6, 2006
Washington, DC
Would love to see home many PIM it would have gotten if it was a real fight. Thats nothing more than a couple of roughing minors in the NHL.

As was pointed out in one of the comments, it would have resulted in the same punishment had it happened in a men's game. College hockey permits no fighting, how violent it is has no bearing on the penalties.

Iron Balls McGinty

Aug 5, 2005
As was pointed out in one of the comments, it would have resulted in the same punishment had it happened in a men's game. College hockey permits no fighting, how violent it is has no bearing on the penalties.

Maybe its the poor quality of the video or some guys head in the way but I must have missed punches being thrown and gloves dropped. Maybe a large portion of the minutes came from the fact that everyone was on the ice and got called for being extra people involved. It certainly didn't look like anything that deserved that many minutes.

The real question is how did either team play their next game with the automatic 1 game suspension that accompanies the penalties.

*correction, I see a few punches but a lot of hugging. I'm still not sure I see 9 full blown fights on the ice to warrant the ejections from each team but whatever. to paraphrase the words of Ron Burgundy, things escalated quickly. The refs probably did it for the most part to make sure things didn't continue the next day.

Last edited:

Samkow

Now do Classical Gas
Jul 4, 2002
Detroit
Maybe its the poor quality of the video or some guys head in the way but I must have missed punches being thrown and gloves dropped. Maybe a large portion of the minutes came from the fact that everyone was on the ice and got called for being extra people involved. It certainly didn't look like anything that deserved that many minutes.

The real question is how does either team play their next game with the automatic 1 game suspension that accompanies the penalties.

http://msn.foxsports.com/nhl/story/...l-sets-NCAA-record-for-penalty-minutes-111113

Because the game disqualifications carry a one-game suspension, each team was able to dress only six forwards and four defensemen for Saturday’s rematch, which went into overtime and ended in a shootout. Bemidji State won the shootout 1-0 after taking a 2-2 tie into the extra period.

Robert

Foligno family
Mar 9, 2006
Louisville, KY
Wait.... are my eyes telling me the truth... the Dcuks have 68 goals after 20 games???

Are you serious??? They don't even have C/M or O... JHC, I must be dreaming..

Fro

Cheatin on CBJ w TBL
Mar 11, 2009
The Beach, FL
Buffalo Sabres ‏@BuffaloSabres 6m
The Buffalo Sabres will have a major news conference today at 10:30 a.m. in the First Niagara Center Pavilion.

i'm going with Ryan Miller traded to Nashville

edit: YAWN

John Shannon ‏@JSportsnet 1m
Sounds like Buffalo will announce the creation of a new position in the org. today, President of Hockey Operations.

Iron Balls McGinty

Aug 5, 2005
Buffalo Sabres ‏@BuffaloSabres 6m
The Buffalo Sabres will have a major news conference today at 10:30 a.m. in the First Niagara Center Pavilion.

i'm going with Ryan Miller traded to Nashville

John Shannon of Sportsnet on twitter is saying it sounds like they are creating a POHOP position in the organization.

Fro

Cheatin on CBJ w TBL
Mar 11, 2009
The Beach, FL
Bob McKenzie ‏@TSNBobMcKenzie 2m
Sounds like Pat LaFontaine is being introduced as BUF's new president of hockey operations this morning.

Samkow

Now do Classical Gas
Jul 4, 2002
Detroit
There's a reason Nolan never really stuck with any NHL team after he left Buffalo.

Oh well, good for Buffalo. I know if Dineen was named PHOP and King was named HC that it'd make a lot of Jackets fans happy, and that's sorta the equivalent of what's happening.

Fro

Cheatin on CBJ w TBL
Mar 11, 2009
The Beach, FL
yup

Darren Dreger ‏@DarrenDreger 35s
Confirming Rolston and Regier let go in Buffalo. They were informed last night according to source

hahaha break out the country club tshirts in buffalo

Josh Rimer@JoshRimerHockey 2 mins
I've been told the reason for bringing back Ted Nolan is to win back the fans. That and he's also good buddies with Lafontaine.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad