Armchair Gm Thread II

Status
Not open for further replies.

Byrddog

Lifer
Nov 23, 2007
You could put names in a hat for this draft for the Preds and the outcome would not be much better in this draft. Even though the scouts have been out there drawing a check . The impact of these kids not playing is more of a crap shoot than a normal year.

mail

Mar 2, 2021
No.

While probably close in value, Ekholm is a lot more valuable for us than Miller would be.
You guys need help scoring no? And Miller can play center. I still get why Ekholm is more valuable to you guys.

Scoresberg

In Trotz We Trust?
May 28, 2015
Earth
You guys need help scoring no? And Miller can play center. I still get why Ekholm is more valuable to you guys.

We do. But I don't think Miller does a dent to this team offensively. We've seen what guys who come in with big paychecks do for us.

It's time anchor down defensively for this team and that starts with re-signing Ekholm. We're going to have to try to bring some youth into this offense and see if Duchene & Joey can ever be re-ignited because lord knows you're not able to trade them.

Predsanddead24

Mar 7, 2019
what about trading Johansen with something for Bennett? I know, money wise it doesn't work, I think Bennett would fit us better, personally.

I don't really see the appeal to Calgary since they already have two top six centers that are better than Johansen and a better 3rd line center in Backlund.

Predsanddead24

Mar 7, 2019
See I think Johansen is better just not here, I've been outspoken enough on why, but talent wise he's better than Monahan for sure.

Maybe but I don't think it is a significant enough difference for them to want to take the risk on Johansen not bouncing back. I suppose if they are going for a shakeup and want to move Lindholm or Monahan in a different deal then it could make sense though.

TK

Feb 26, 2019
Miller is a 40-50 point player AT BEST in Nashville. Not disparaging the player at all, but we all know it's true. In a vacuum, sure, you make the trade. With the current state of the Preds, no thanks. Rather trade Ekholm for the best futures and hope the organization is in a better place regarding coaching/management etc in the future.

Reactions: Legionnaire11

jumb0

Feb 3, 2017
Miller is a 40-50 point player AT BEST in Nashville. Not disparaging the player at all, but we all know it's true. In a vacuum, sure, you make the trade. With the current state of the Preds, no thanks. Rather trade Ekholm for the best futures and hope the organization is in a better place regarding coaching/management etc in the future.

Yup. Miller is a good player but we all know his production would decline sharply in Nashville. Ekholm needs to be moved for picks and prospects.

Reactions: NoNecksCurse

NoNecksCurse

Oct 19, 2011
Are y'all high? He would be our 2nd best scoring forward in a bad year and our best point producer in a good year.
i can assure you he would be just another under performing forward here. it’s nothing against him. it’s just how it is here.

ekholm should be traded for picks and prospects. if not, see what an extension will take.

Reactions: Bringer of Jollity

Armourboy

Hey! You suck!
Jan 20, 2014
Shelbyville, TN
Grandlund was a 69 point player before Nashville
Well except there is one " * " to that. Minnesota fans have said that Granlund was already struggling before the trade. So while I'm not really arguing against your point I will say that in his case we may have caught him on the decline already.

triggrman

Where is Hipcheck85
Sponsor
May 8, 2002
Murfreesboro, TN
hfboards.com
Well except there is one " * " to that. Minnesota fans have said that Granlund was already struggling before the trade. So while I'm not really arguing against your point I will say that in his case we may have caught him on the decline already.
Anyone saying that was saying after the fact. He was on pace for 64 points at the time of the trade, so his numbers weren't dropping, well, not until he got here, where he fell all the way down to a 31 point pace.

Almost every player that comes here sees a reduction, and it's because we try to run everything through the defense and that has been a staple since Josi took over as captain.

Reactions: LCPreds
Jul 12, 2007
Watching Bruins-Rangers game. Don’t care for either team but sure like the grit and toughness each team plays with! Wish the Preds had players that played that way!
Bruins always have a fairly tough team that takes care of their business, somehow always with a guy named Miller. Maybe it’s a Boston thing, fans won’t accept a weak team.
Rangers have been pretty soft recently, so if they’re looking gritty, maybe it’s from our own Stockholm syndrome effects.
But I do like Lemieux and Kreider. They did do a good thing getting those guys.

OldFan

Jul 3, 2019
Yup. Miller is a good player but we all know his production would decline sharply in Nashville. Ekholm needs to be moved for picks and prospects.
Ekholm does not need to be moved at all. Those bad center contracts need to be moved or bought out or released or anything to clear some money for Ekholm. That is, if he wants to continue here and why should he with the current coaching situation?

Predsanddead24

Mar 7, 2019
Anyone saying that was saying after the fact. He was on pace for 64 points at the time of the trade, so his numbers weren't dropping, well, not until he got here, where he fell all the way down to a 31 point pace.

Almost every player that comes here sees a reduction, and it's because we try to run everything through the defense and that has been a staple since Josi took over as captain.

I do remember some of that at the time because Granlund had a rough January and February (~0.5 point per game pace) after a very strong start to the season. I don't think anyone expected him to drop as far he did but there were some concerns among Wild fans about signing him to the long term big dollar deal he was expected to get at that time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 5
    Staked: $2,752.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Metz vs Lille
    Metz vs Lille