Armchair Gm Thread II

Status
Not open for further replies.

Porter Stoutheart

We Got Wood
Jun 14, 2017
Holtby hasn't been even that good.
That has been my impression too just from hearsay. But not having watched him play at all, I figured his name would at least fall on the list. Tbh, I like the idea of a lower-key guy like Halak or Raanta better than a former-star-#1 who might come in with more of an ego or sense of entitlement.

Scoresberg

In Trotz We Trust?
May 28, 2015
Earth
That has been my impression too just from hearsay. But not having watched him play at all, I figured his name would at least fall on the list. Tbh, I like the idea of a lower-key guy like Halak or Raanta better than a former-star-#1 who might come in with more of an ego or sense of entitlement.

Raanta apparently going to Carolina.

herzausstein

Aug 31, 2014
West Virginia
"On par with Rinne" would actually exceed my requirements for our backup. I feel like that's a high bar. :dunno:
Rinne's last 2 seasons -
60 Games played
28 Wins
26 losses
90.0 Sv%
3.04 GAA

Holtby
69 Games Played
32 Wins
25 Losses
89.5 sv%
3.28 GAA

Jones
75 Games Played
32 Wins
34 Losses
89.6 sv%
3.12 GAA

Holtby's last good season was 18-19 with the Capitals. Jones' last good season was 17-18 with the Sharks. I'd take a flyer on either of them hoping that as backup they regain some form.

Predsanddead24

Mar 7, 2019
Halak is my first choice by far. I think having a smaller goalie who has had a long career could be beneficial to Saros's development.

Porter Stoutheart

We Got Wood
Jun 14, 2017
Just for my own benefit... where we are at on 'Twas The Night Before...

Forsberg ($6M) - Johansen ($8M) - Duchene ($8M)
Tolvanen (RFA - ?$2M?) - X1 - Kunin ($2.3M)
Trenin ($0.725M) - Sissons ($2.857M) - Jeannot (RFA - ?$1M?)
Cousins ($1.5M) - X2 - Grimaldi ($2M)
Olivier (RFA - ?0.750M?)

Josi ($9.059M) - Fabbro (RFA - ?$2M?)
Ekholm ($3.75M) - Carrier ($0.733M)
Harpur ($0.800M) - Myers ($2.55M)
Borowiecki ($2M) - Benning ($1M)

Saros (RFA - ?$4M?)
X3

Buyouts
Turris - $2M
Santini - $0.275M

TOTAL: $63.3M

So with 3 spots to fill we have about $18.2M in cap space.

IF we filled the spots most cheaply with Glass, Tomasino, Ingram, we would have more than $15M in cap space.

Or we could sign Granlund for up to $5M, use one of Glass/Tomasino, and then get a pricier backup at $2.5Mish. Then we would still have $10M in unused cap space.

nine_inch_fang

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 8, 2004
Nashville
He apparently wants to come back but isn't cleared yet. I'm sure if he does come back he's going cup chasing though and not interested in joining our tweener team. If I were him I'd sign at league minimum and go backup Vasilevsky.
Betting on three in a row doesn't seem like a good idea especially since they'll have to blow up that team.

What's Colorado's goalie situation?

Predsanddead24

Mar 7, 2019
Betting on three in a row doesn't seem like a good idea especially since they'll have to blow up that team.

What's Colorado's goalie situation?

Tampa will lose some depth but the big guns will all be there so to me they're still the favorites. For the Avs, Francouz is the only one signed. Guess we will see what they do with Grubauer but that would be a good opportunity too. Golden Knights need a backup goalie as well and as we've seen they have no loyalty to a goalie so if he gets hot that may give him the best chance to be a starter on a contender.

Roman Yoshi

Aug 16, 2009
Franklin, TN
Why couldn't we get MAF? I know he has a lot of cash coming his way but come on. The Vezina winner for FREE.

Don't understand this off-season around the NHL. It's wild.

nine_inch_fang

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 8, 2004
Nashville
Why couldn't we get MAF? I know he has a lot of cash coming his way but come on. The Vezina winner for FREE.

Don't understand this off-season around the NHL. It's wild.
Probably because Poile doesn't just flitter in the wind like so much of the fan base does. He plan is to have Saros be the undisputed #1 and have a cheaper veteran backup.

Gh24

Feb 12, 2014
More in the other thread, but he may not play for Chicago in the end. Could retire or got to Pit.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad