Armchair Gm Thread II

Status
Not open for further replies.

Porter Stoutheart

We Got Wood
Jun 14, 2017
From 31 thoughts: "Sounds like Nashville is one of the teams interested in Vancouver’s Adam Gaudette"
I thought Gaudette would be something more after his college success, and I have no idea what's not working for him in Vancouver, but the idea that any forward would come here and get back on track... wellllll...

Anywhoo, if we just traded somebody like Jarnkrok for him as a mini-shakeup deal, sure, fine, can't hurt. :dunno:

Scoresberg

In Trotz We Trust?
May 28, 2015
Earth
From 31 thoughts: "Sounds like Nashville is one of the teams interested in Vancouver’s Adam Gaudette"

We were after him back when Subban got traded as well. Van had interest in Subban and we asked for Gaudette.

That being said, I do not want to spend a single draft pick on anybody this year. Adding one player does nothing for this team. On the contrary, I want to add picks this year.

Scoresberg

In Trotz We Trust?
May 28, 2015
Earth
Also, from the 31 thoughts:

13. Nashville scratched Nick Cousins in Tuesday’s 6–1 loss to Tampa Bay. It’s been a rough start there, and we’ll see where this goes. There would be interest depending on what the Predators decide to do.

Soundgarden

Jul 22, 2008
Spring Hill, TN

24 year old with one player with two years experience: 56G 5-7-12 and 59G 12-21-33.

Based just off stat watching he just sounds like another random middle/bottom sixer. I'd only be ok with him in a player-player swap, but then who do we give up and why do we want him? Sissons, Grimaldi, Jarnkrok?

Porter Stoutheart

We Got Wood
Jun 14, 2017
Also, from the 31 thoughts:

13. Nashville scratched Nick Cousins in Tuesday’s 6–1 loss to Tampa Bay. It’s been a rough start there, and we’ll see where this goes. There would be interest depending on what the Predators decide to do.
I don't have any problem with Cousins, he does seem to bring some edge that we've needed. The only knock on him isn't really on him, it's just that he's been used at times in larger role than he really should be.
:dunno:

Flgatorguy87

Jul 7, 2011
East Nasty
I don't have any problem with Cousins, he does seem to bring some edge that we've needed. The only knock on him isn't really on him, it's just that he's been used at times in larger role than he really should be.
:dunno:

Exactly, in a competitive line up, he is an ideal bottom 6 guy. Here he has been everywhere and getting 1st line PP minutes.

There has been this idea that we have a perpetual issue with players under performing, but reality is setting in for me that we have average players that give us what they are which is an average performance.

weeze

May 2, 2011
Illinois
Poile is just randomly flailing his arms around at this point with no f***ing idea what to do.

Doing something just to do something hoping it works. First and foremost get rid of Hynes! His style of play is NOT working. The makeup of this team is just not that good. I know most don't agree but Saros is not a #1. At this time neither is Pekka but the team D is not helping them and the PK is awful! Gotta get more netfront presence in general and especially on the PP! Maybe a coaching change will shake things up a bit that is needed. BUT getting the right coach to come in will be required.

Reactions: adsfan

Pr0fet

Jun 13, 2015
Our poor play over a long period of time just keeps decreasing the overall value of our players and of our roster. Players that would have brought in haul just 2 years ago are considered untradable at the moment. Asset management has just been so poor these last few years and we cant seem to catch a break.

The somewhat general consensus in regards of a retool seem to be to keep the valuable pieces (Josi, Forsberg, Fabbro, Ellis, Arvy, Ekholm) and to get rid of the untradable ones.

I think the above aproach of bringing in second rate picks or pieces isnt enough of a shakeup and that se should instead consider trading a few players of high value for a good return. Im scared that if we dont well be in a position where Josi and Ellis är untradable while Forsberg leaves to a contender.

Reactions: Predsanddead24

Soundgarden

Jul 22, 2008
Spring Hill, TN
Honestly at this moment the only players who are getting regular minutes that I'd want to keep are Forsberg, Josi and Fabbro because of how young he is. And I'd even consider trading Josi depending on how great the package is.

Ekholm, Ellis, and Arvidsson could still get something valuable back in a deal. I think we're stuck with Duchene and Johansen for better or worse, unless Seattle wants to pick them for whatever reason.

Reactions: Predsanddead24

Predsanddead24

Mar 7, 2019
Honestly at this moment the only players who are getting regular minutes that I'd want to keep are Forsberg, Josi and Fabbro because of how young he is. And I'd even consider trading Josi depending on how great the package is.

Ekholm, Ellis, and Arvidsson could still get something valuable back in a deal. I think we're stuck with Duchene and Johansen for better or worse, unless Seattle wants to pick them for whatever reason.

Realistically, a rebuild for us is going to have to look like what Ottawa has done where you trade anyone of value and suck for several years. We just don't have the prospect pool to make any sort of quick turnaround and we have a whole bunch of guys rapidly approaching the wrong side of 30.

I do think we could potentially get Seattle to take Duchene or Johansen if we play it right. Trade Ekholm and one of Jarnkrok/Cousins and then go 7-3 while exposing Duchene and Johansen let's you protect any other player of value. If the choice is Johansen/Duchene or some mid-level prospect like Pitlick the risk on one of those guys getting back into form with a new team may be worth it.

Last edited:

Pr0fet

Jun 13, 2015
On the bright side. If we keep "core" intact we can be certain Forsberg Will resign until he is 36. Because they all just love eachother so much and want to spend every future holiday together with eachothers families. They want to want to play golf together, to wear silly Christmas sweaters together and to sell caps and t-shirts with pictures of their dogs together. And most of all they want to have to focus as Little as possible on getting better at hockey

triggrman

Where is Hipcheck85
Sponsor
May 8, 2002
Murfreesboro, TN
hfboards.com
On the bright side. If we keep "core" intact we can be certain Forsberg Will resign until he is 36. Because they all just love eachother so much and want to spend every future holiday together with eachothers families. They want to want to play golf together, to wear silly Christmas sweaters together and to sell caps and t-shirts with pictures of their dogs together. And most of all they want to have to focus as Little as possible on getting better at hockey
No one would sign up front with Hynes as a coach, no one.

Jul 12, 2007
24 year old with one player with two years experience: 56G 5-7-12 and 59G 12-21-33.

but then who do we give up and why do we want him?

lol, Poile just likes to collect worn-out or not-quite bottom-6 / bottom-feeders, like a little zoo.

Last edited:

Porter Stoutheart

We Got Wood
Jun 14, 2017
Yep, I'd happily take a 3rd today for Haula, you can have him early and cleared through any Covid protocols far ahead of the deadline. He seems to be trying out there, but it hasn't resulted in anything whatsoever. I'd rather just keep his roster spot for younger players.

weeze

May 2, 2011
Illinois
Watching Bruins-Rangers game. Don’t care for either team but sure like the grit and toughness each team plays with! Wish the Preds had players that played that way!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad