Armchair GM Draft, 2019 (Discussion Only)

sarge88

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 29, 2003
I think BMC got a jump on this part...?

Is that Avery pick real?

We need to keep the Pick Only thread as clean as possible to help with the ease of navigating this draft. I don't mind any joking, ribbing, and general tomfoolery, but keep it in the Discussion thread.

I'm sure it wasn't.

BMC knows their stuff.

TropicalFruitGirl2

A Peachy Hockey Gal!
Feb 23, 2013
Minneapolis-St. Paul, MN
@Honour Over Glory

Is that for real?

Avery??

Sure why not... the ONLY player in NHL history that can defend, entertain the crowd, piss off opposing players, do aerobics AND practice fencing all at the same time! :laugh:

2008-Martin-Brodeur-Sean-Avery.jpg

sarge88

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 29, 2003
This may be a silly question, but will ask it anyways...

When we do write ups, are those going to be put in with the picks?

For instance, my pick for Patrick Roy is obviously announced in the Picks Thread.... do I go in and edit my post to include his write up there?
I noticed some people did do mini write ups and accolades there...if so, I may follow that template.

When we get to the point where we're voting on teams, we should all write a few paragraphs about our team and the rationale behind why we took certain players and why we're using people where we are.

Why you're pairing certain guys together on D.

Why you have certain guys with certain linemates, etc.

It can't hurt to drop a sentence or two in the draft thread like:

I'm selecting Player X to play RW with Player Y.

But as your roster forms and you list your lines and pairings then people should get a good sense of your team.

Reactions: td_ice

td_ice

Peter shows the way
Aug 13, 2005
USA
Okay, but all Uncle Daddy references to your first round selection are copacetic, yes?
Hahaha, no doubt.

All cool in the discussion thread.

Wanted the picks thread to be sacrosanct, but that took a hit today.

Reactions: KIRK

td_ice

Peter shows the way
Aug 13, 2005
USA
I think it's gonna take me awhile to not think that the KINKY KIRKS's are not actually KIRKS's team.

It throws me off each time I see it.

I think that's why I didn't go with team name of, Jiggy's Mayo Jar.

Would really have been confusing. Criss crossing team names with user names of another poster.

Reactions: KIRK

sarge88

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 29, 2003
Yeah I gotta make a longer list. I'm worried my picks are gonna get taken and it's snowing a ton so I might be stuck in traffic a while.

Drive careful!

Also....I have a desk job....for the most part.

If anyone gets to 3-4 picks away from their turn, and is worried they’ll be off line, you can alway pm me the names of the 3-4 players you want to take (in order) and I can make the pick for you.

Reactions: Honour Over Glory

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad