Rumor: 2024 Trade Rumors and Free Agency Thread: Post Deadline

Richard88

John 3:16
Jun 29, 2019
The sabres fans dont have a ton of interest in it, but something around Tuch with draft picks and futures. Tuch is a good even strength player, big bodied right shot that has a decent cap hit that will allow for flexibility on keeping others while being a top 6 player himself.

Druoin/MacK/Nuke
Landy/Mitts/Tuch
Lehky/Colton/LOC
Wood/Trenin/Kovalenko

Toews/Makar
Girard/Manson
Jones/Malinski

Georgiev/Annunen

Probably cant keep Walker unless you unload another D man but it evens out the fwd corps and gives some flexibilty if you want to upgrade in goal or at another position. Assuming Landy comes back, if not move Lehky up and upgrade somewhere else in the lineup.
Tuch is a hometown player who Buffalo specifically targeted as a centerpiece in the Eichel trade, so why would Buffalo want to move him now?

AslanRH

Not a Core Poster
Sponsor
Jun 5, 2012
Wyoming, USA
Well show some scenarios of players you’d like to acquire then in your scenerio that doesn’t make us significantly worse by trading Rantanen.
Why would I do that for you when you clearly have established over the last few weeks you have no interest in a reasonable discussion of the idea.

Reactions: Pokecheque

Balthazar

I haven't talked to the trainers yet
Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006
Several quotes from teammates and the coach in that new article on Lehky:

Parise: “Unreal. He just finds himself in good spots all over the ice,” Avs forward Zach Parise said. “He’s a really easy guy to play with. Just a really smart hockey player so it’s not surprising he’s going to be in those positions to get the big goals but he always seems to come through when the team needs it. He’s a heck of a player.”

Manson: “He’s a warrior, that guy,” Avs defenseman Josh Manson said. “We all know. We all call him that. Goes to the hard areas, plays that tough-style game, forechecks hard, blocks shots. Goes to the hard areas and does exactly what we need to do in the playoffs. And I think that’s why you see all of the success he’s had in the playoffs because his game flourishes.”

Toews: “Yeah, he’s huge. Art is Art. He does what he does,” Avs defenseman Devon Toews said. “It’s not pretty, it’s not something that’s graceful and elegant to watch and something that gets put onto a stat sheet, but it’s what you need this time of year. You need guys like that who can do the things he does day after day, shift-after-shift, doing the right things, the little things, the little details that help you win hockey games. He doesn’t get recognized for a lot of things he does, but in here, we do.”

Bednar: “This guy is … he’s a competitive, competitive guy,” Avs coach Jared Bednar said. “When you talk about all-around, good players that play the game the right way, and it’s not always showing up on the stat sheet for a guy like (Lehkonen). I can pick guys around the league that I’m a big fan of the way they play for multiple reasons. He’s one of them. When you do the right things all the time, day after day, practice, games, and you’re an intense competitor, it’s going to pay off for you at some point.

Bednar again: “I feel like we’ve seen that out of (Lehkonen). Big moments, just doing the right thing. Competing hard, great detail to his game, high level of skill and ability. That’s all you can ask for from a player. He’s never going to shortchange you on his effort, his competitiveness, the work he puts into the game. He’s one of those guys. It’s a coach’s dream.”

Last edited:

MacKaRant

Sponsor
Jul 27, 2021
Bednar: “This guy is … he’s a competitive, competitive guy,” Avs coach Jared Bednar said. “When you talk about all-around, good players that play the game the right way, and it’s not always showing up on the stat sheet for a guy like (Lehkonen). I can pick guys around the league that I’m a big fan of the way they play for multiple reasons. He’s one of them. When you do the right things all the time, day after day, practice, games, and you’re an intense competitor, it’s going to pay off for you at some point.

Bednar again: “I feel like we’ve seen that out of (Lehkonen). Big moments, just doing the right thing. Competing hard, great detail to his game, high level of skill and ability. That’s all you can ask for from a player. He’s never going to shortchange you on his effort, his competitiveness, the work he puts into the game. He’s one of those guys. It’s a coach’s dream.”
Sounds like Lehk should legally change his name to Antti Rantanen, am I right?

Andrew Wiggin

Feb 8, 2020
Tuch is a hometown player who Buffalo specifically targeted as a centerpiece in the Eichel trade, so why would Buffalo want to move him now?
Definitely not disputing that, more if Buffalo wanted to add a big name and additional scoring they have the cap room and pieces to do so. Not that we really need another winger but it would make a Rantanen trade more palatable to bring in a top 6 player who is good in his own right even though he wont score at the same clip as Rantanen rather than just futures. If it was a trade for a RFA we would have to pay them soon anyway where Tuch already has a reasonable cap hit for the next 3 years. It also wouldnt hurt to have more right shot players either.

JH21

Oct 20, 2019
Why would I do that for you when you clearly have established over the last few weeks you have no interest in a reasonable discussion of the idea.

Because it’s easy to spout off unreasonable trades for star players until you have to list some scenarios in which we don’t become 10x worse by trading him.

Pierce Hawthorne

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2012
Caverns of Draconis
Anyone that ever suggests trading Lehkonen again gets their fan card revoked

I think the issue people are not realizing here is that somebody has to go. Not that anybody wants to lose Lehkonen. It would be great if the Salary cap just stopped existing and we could keep everybody.

But that isn't happening, and the math simply does not work to keep everyone. Somebody making $4M+ will have to go this summer.

The Avs have just spent the better part of 2 years trying to rebuild the Center depth, and finally have the 1-3 Centers all lined up extremely well. It would be highly unlikely to see them turn around and destroy that.

And on the Defense, they already moved one guy from that group to make room for the Center improvements. Again, seems highly unlikely they'd remove yet another guy from that group this summer.

That leaves the Wingers. And its essentially 3 guys since they obviously aren't moving Landy either. Quite frankly I bet most(Not all, but most) would probably prefer to move Rantanen, and his name absolutely should be a part of the conversation. But it realistically isn't.

So it basically leaves Nuke and Lehky.

Reactions: missionAvs

JH21

Oct 20, 2019
I think the issue people are not realizing here is that somebody has to go. Not that anybody wants to lose Lehkonen. It would be great if the Salary cap just stopped existing and we could keep everybody.

But that isn't happening, and the math simply does not work to keep everyone. Somebody making $4M+ will have to go this summer.

The Avs have just spent the better part of 2 years trying to rebuild the Center depth, and finally have the 1-3 Centers all lined up extremely well. It would be highly unlikely to see them turn around and destroy that.

And on the Defense, they already moved one guy from that group to make room for the Center improvements. Again, seems highly unlikely they'd remove yet another guy from that group this summer.

That leaves the Wingers. And its essentially 3 guys since they obviously aren't moving Landy either. Quite frankly I bet most(Not all, but most) would probably prefer to move Rantanen, and his name absolutely should be a part of the conversation. But it realistically isn't.

So it basically leaves Nuke and Lehky.

Girard says hello.

Especially with Behrens who is signed and basically a clone of Girard.

• Haha
Reactions: The Moops

The Moops

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 25, 2017
Earth
Mittlestadt's extension says hello, Landeskog's 7M AAV says hello, Toews' extension says hello.

Replacing Girard with Behrens doesn't pay for half of it
C'mon man, you're talking to the guy who doesn't know what a calculator is and never passed 4th grade math. He can't understand this stuff

EscapedGoat

Jun 15, 2012
Girard says hello.

Especially with Behrens who is signed and basically a clone of Girard.

You claim to be the all-knowing, super Avs fan on here every day. You claim that everyone here are terrible fans and YOU are the one true fan daily. And yet you don't even realize that replacing Girard with Behrens wouldn't even cover HALF of the cap space the Avs will need this summer?

Pfft... Some super fan you are. Mikko would be disappointed.

• Haha
Reactions: Murzu and The Moops

Brett44

Feb 11, 2017
Above what he's doing now. We use Rantanen and Girard to pay Mitts, Landy and Drouin.

Drouin - Mack - Nuke
Landy - Mitts - Lehky

is a perfectly acceptable top 6. We don't need Rantanen.

(As long as Landy can still play in the top 6...if not we're f***ed either way).
We can receive a good top 6 player in Rantanen return. + good top prospect . With Rantanen trade our Windows for stanley cup increase of 4-5 years.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad