Confirmed Trade: [ARI/NJD] Taylor Hall (50%), Speers for c. 1st, Cond. Pick, Kevin Bahl, Nate Schnaar & Nick Merkley

Status
Not open for further replies.

CantHaveTkachev

Legends
Nov 30, 2004
St. OILbert, AB
I watch every game and am a Coyotes fan. He's not. Tocchet coaches a terrible heavy trap system that does not generate any sort of offensive pressure. This team is scoring the same as the injury plagued team last year despite adding a healthy Kessel, Hall, and Schmaltz. Tocchet also unnecessarily f***s around with the lines - he took the one player Hall had instant chemistry with (Garland) off Hall's line and stuck him with Kessel, who has been a boat anchor.

They generate little to no offense and have to play mistake free hockey to even have a chance at winning. They haven't been doing that.

Hall and Garland are the only two Coyotes that consistently tilt the ice and now Garland is injured, possibly done for the year.

Hall actually had a great zone entry vs Calgary and then found himself 1v5 because everyone else was lazily changing. He's stuck on a bad team that is badly coached and he has had mostly nothing to do with it.
As an Oiler fan, I know what kind of player Hall is...looks like an elite player, but rarely produces like one
And there’s always an excuse with him...couldn’t produce in NJ because the team is garbage and the coach sucks
Now the team in NJ isn’t so bad
Comes to a Yotes team in first place, now the coach sucks and the team is garbage

XX

Waiting for Ishbia
Dec 10, 2002
PHX
As an Oiler fan, I know what kind of player Hall is...looks like an elite player, but rarely produces like one
And there’s always an excuse with him...couldn’t produce in NJ because the team is garbage and the coach sucks
Comes to a Yotes team in first place, now the coach sucks and the team is garbage

Congrats, you understand correlation. Now demonstrate an understanding of causation. Do you think losing a Vezina caliber goalie right after the trade had anything to do with it? Said goalie was propping up an otherwise mediocre team.

I can honestly tell you as someone that has watched every game of Hall with the Yotes that he isn't the problem. The Coyotes remain a bottom 10 team 5v5 despite adding offense over the offseason and from the trade. It's all coaching and the decline of individual players like Stepan and Kessel. That's how you get a team that is underwater in pretty much every offensive share metric except GF%. They sell out everything to defend the net and minimize turnovers. This comes at a massive cost to offensive pressure.

People keep wanting to rope him into some "Hall is cancer" bullshit narrative when I wish that was the problem. It's not. The problem runs waaaay deeper with the Coyotes with players like OEL, Stepan, Goligoski, Kessel etc...

boopronger

Aug 13, 2008

The dude won the hart on that jersey team. That doesnt mesh with your narrative

Reactions: TFHockey

CantHaveTkachev

Legends
Nov 30, 2004
St. OILbert, AB
Congrats, you understand correlation. Now demonstrate an understanding of causation. Do you think losing a Vezina caliber goalie right after the trade had anything to do with it? Said goalie was propping up an otherwise mediocre team.

I can honestly tell you as someone that has watched every game of Hall with the Yotes that he isn't the problem. The Coyotes remain a bottom 10 team 5v5 despite adding offense over the offseason and from the trade. It's all coaching and the decline of individual players like Stepan and Kessel. That's how you get a team that is underwater in pretty much every offensive share metric except GF%. They sell out everything to defend the net and minimize turnovers. This comes at a massive cost to offensive pressure.

People keep wanting to rope him into some "Hall is cancer" bullshit narrative when I wish that was the problem. It's not. The problem runs waaaay deeper with the Coyotes with players like OEL, Stepan, Goligoski, Kessel etc...
Hey, if you’re good with his 2 goals in 12 games, that’s cool..fill your boots
And I’ve never said “Hall is a cancer”, I’ve said his lack of production is a major concern and a major problem down the stretch here
(Although quite comical how much better the “garbage” Devils are playing without him)

MessierII

Aug 10, 2011
682D34E8-FF4C-4650-98A3-07D0A2B495EB.jpeg

Mr Positive

Cap Crunch Incoming
Nov 20, 2013
that's an over simplification. There were other factors at play on both teams. Schneider finding his game helped NJ. Keumper's injury hurt Arizona. Also, Arizona got Hall because their team was starting to look vulnerable. He was their band-aid solution to their inevitable fall.

But I think that Hall's contract status is a distraction that hurts his team, similar to how the Isles had a really bad year before he ditched the Isles. The Isles were better after he left. There's other factors there too, but I think having the whole issue finally settled helped refocus the team.

MessierII

Aug 10, 2011
that's an over simplification. There were other factors at play on both teams. Schneider finding his game helped NJ. Keumper's injury hurt Arizona. Also, Arizona got Hall because their team was starting to look vulnerable. He was their band-aid solution to their inevitable fall.

But I think that Hall's contract status is a distraction that hurts his team, similar to how the Isles had a really bad year before he ditched the Isles. The Isles were better after he left. There's other factors there too, but I think having the whole issue finally settled helped refocus the team.
Schneider has barely been in the nhl this year and Kuemper has been back for a bit now.

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
I would trade every single Coyote to keep Hall. Before the trade, I was a Coyotes fan. Now I’m a Hall fan. And I honestly kind of hate the Coyotes. Hall > Coyotes.

He’s served one horrifically appalling purpose as a Coyote; he’s showed Coyotes fans exactly how much talent has been missing over the last 18+ years. The Coyotes haven’t a player like this in the entire Glendale era. Hall is by far and away the best player we’ve had post 9/11.

I’d happily strip OEL of his captaincy and give it to Hall, along with 80 million dollars and a full no movement clause. I’d do it without a moment’s hesitation.

Kakko Schmakko

Feb 24, 2018
I would trade every single Coyote to keep Hall. Before the trade, I was a Coyotes fan. Now I’m a Hall fan. And I honestly kind of hate the Coyotes. Hall > Coyotes.

He’s served one horrifically appalling purpose as a Coyote; he’s showed Coyotes fans exactly how much talent has been missing over the last 18+ years. The Coyotes haven’t a player like this in the entire Glendale era. Hall is by far and away the best player we’ve had post 9/11.

I’d happily strip OEL of his captaincy and give it to Hall, along with 80 million dollars and a full no movement clause. I’d do it without a moment’s hesitation.

what makes him so great? 27 points in 35 games?

Avaholic29

Feb 5, 2014
Hey, if you’re good with his 2 goals in 12 games, that’s cool..fill your boots
And I’ve never said “Hall is a cancer”, I’ve said his lack of production is a major concern and a major problem down the stretch here
(Although quite comical how much better the “garbage” Devils are playing without him)

But yet he's one of the most productive if not the most productive coyote since coming over. that team just doesn't generate alot of offense.

CantHaveTkachev

Legends
Nov 30, 2004
St. OILbert, AB
But yet he's one of the most productive if not the most productive coyote since coming over. that team just doesn't generate alot of offense.
that's great, but the numbers don't lie...2 points in his last 5 games, both against the Flames...so he's been held pointless in 4 of his last 5 games

for a team dying for offense, and a supposed "driver" of offense...he's not getting it done

Kamiccolo

Truly wonderful, the mind of a child is.
Aug 30, 2011
Undisclosed research facility
As I said earlier in the thread that got some backlash, I didn't like this deal at all and didn't think Hall moved the needle for that team. They had a hot start on the back of some unsustainable goaltending, and somehow their management failed to see that, even though they are an analytical heavy front office.

I've also maintained since last summer that Hall contract would be a mistake, but I think he is playing himself out of big money. Unless a team like the Islanders get desperate for an "elite" winger up front and pay him, I don't see him breaking over 8M.

And honestly, given his recent play and injury history, even 8M at term seems like a cap dump situation waiting to happen.

Reactions: vtdevils2k

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
and thats pretty f***ing good considering the rest of the teams scoring rate.
He takes the puck in his own zone, races up the ice, cuts through guys in the neutral zone, gains the blueline with control, skates it in behind the net looks for a pass and realizes his linemates are still gingerly sauntering across the neutral zone, some even going off for a change. Then he screams “f***!!!!”-dumps the puck and changes in disgust.

We watched this happens multiple times in the Calgary game alone. He’s at least 50% more skilled than any player the Coyotes have. The chief difference is that he’s 200% more competitive. He’s the only guy on the team interested in winning.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad