Confirmed Trade: [ARI/NJD] Taylor Hall (50%), Speers for c. 1st, Cond. Pick, Kevin Bahl, Nate Schnaar & Nick Merkley

Status
Not open for further replies.

The don godfather

Jul 5, 2018
Woodbridge Ontario
chayka should be on the horn and sending memo to all gm hall is available and drive the price high. I bet he can a 1st round pick no sweat. coyotes in danger missing playoffs he has to do it.

hbk

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Visit site
chayka should be on the horn and sending memo to all gm hall is available and drive the price high. I bet he can a 1st round pick no sweat. coyotes in danger missing playoffs he has to do it.
Perhaps, just perhaps mind you. Perhaps Chayka might want to wait until they actually fall out of the playoffs let alone fall so far out that they feel they can’t take a run at it with a healthy Keumper before they decide to move Hall. Just a thought.

Reactions: HBK27

Flyer lurker

Feb 16, 2019
I would be shocked if Hall got less than 9m in free agency. Its Alex P, Hall, Krug, and a lot of nice players. Someone will pay him. Do I want Flyers to do so? NO NO NO NO NO.

Reactions: ChicksDigTheTrap

Regal

Mar 12, 2010
Vancouver
Hall costing himself a lot of money. Who would even want to sign him long term this summer?

You gotta think some desperate GM will throw money at him but I doubt he's going to get the Tavares/Panarin type deal he probably could have a year ago. I wonder if he'd consider a 1 year deal to gain back value.

YP44

Jan 30, 2012
Calgary, AB
You gotta think some desperate GM will throw money at him but I doubt he's going to get the Tavares/Panarin type deal he probably could have a year ago. I wonder if he'd consider a 1 year deal to gain back value.

if teams play in front of empty stadiums leading to the cap not going up it maybe the right play for Hall. Sign a one year deal with a team you know you can excel in their system, and then cash in huge when cap goes back up.

Skinnyjimmy08

WorldTraveler
Mar 30, 2012
It's crazy to see this happen once again with Hall. Its just bizzare to see every team he touches nosedives in the standings.

I don't know if its just a fluke coincidence or if there is something more to it we don't see.

Just brutal

Drew311

Makes The Pass
Oct 29, 2010
Hall was on an awful Devils team and a highly defensive Yotes team this year. In the right situation Hall will be an elite player again. Someone will back the truck up for him but it better not be the wrong team.

Reactions: Morrison

bl02

Jan 13, 2014
Not due to Hall though. The rest of the team around him just shit the bed.
Exactly. Can't put the blame on Hall when the rest of the team is mediocre. How does the gm still have a job?

CBJWerenski8

Formerly CBJWennberg10 (RIP Kivi)
Jun 13, 2009
His stats are pretty good. I don't know how he's playing, but much like the Matt Duchene thing about his teams falling around him when he joins a team, this is much to do about nothing. Hall is a great player and will be paid accordingly this summer. I think he's worthy of a long term commitment.

Name Nameless

Don't go more than 10 seconds back on challenges
Apr 12, 2017
if teams play in front of empty stadiums leading to the cap not going up it maybe the right play for Hall. Sign a one year deal with a team you know you can excel in their system, and then cash in huge when cap goes back up.

Kind of off-topic, but can the cap go down? Is there any way they can do that?

Of course, they can do an ugly escrow next year...

BB88

Jan 19, 2015
It's crazy to see this happen once again with Hall. Its just bizzare to see every team he touches nosedives in the standings.

I don't know if its just a fluke coincidence or if there is something more to it we don't see.

Just brutal

Did anyone really expect Arizona to be a top team?

I’m not sure your post is really fair towards him.
What was he really supposed to achieve with that Edmonton team, including the management?

He carried Devils into the playoffs masking lot of their problems.

Tom Polakis

Next expansion
Nov 24, 2008
Tempe, AZ

Just brutal

I can't speak for the Oilers or Devils, but he was our best player by a wide margin, both in terms of skill and effort. And as another pointed out, the Coyotes' defensive system (and I use that term loosely) is not cut out for his game. With all due respect to Conor Garland and Christian Dvorak, his linemates were hardly elite.

BUX7PHX

Jul 7, 2011
Exactly. Can't put the blame on Hall when the rest of the team is mediocre. How does the gm still have a job?

The team that was put together isn't that bad, though. For all of the shit about needing some girt and bangers on the 4th line, the Coyotes posted the following records against these "bigger" teams:

STL: 2-1-0
WSH: 2-0-0
VGK: 1-1-1 (2 more games to go)
CGY: 1-2-1
COL: 1-0-1 (1 more game to go)
BOS: 0-2-0
WPG: 1-1-0 (1 more game to go)

That's 8-7-3 (19 out of 36 points) against some of the bigger teams, which isn't great, but all of these teams are in the playoff hunt, and 4 of 7 should be in the consideration for the Cup. The issue was playing down to garbage teams and giving up leads, much like the other day against Winnipeg, that is the 5th game this season in which the Coyotes lost after leading by 2 or more goals at some point in the game. Keep the lead in all of those games, and the team is battling for #1 in the Pacific. Hell, take three of those games to OT and get a loser point, and Arizona is at least tied for the last WC with Minnesota.

This is bad coaching surrounding Hall (along with some bad play). Nothing Hall has done is contributing to the decline, as far as I can tell...

Name Nameless

Don't go more than 10 seconds back on challenges
Apr 12, 2017

What was he really supposed to achieve with that Edmonton team, including the management?

I was of the optimists on the Ari board, but I didn't want Hall: to use words I didn't use then, because I didn't find them: good with or without him. Or bad with or without him. Looking like the last part now.

Hall is a good player, though. Don't get me wrong.

BUX7PHX

Jul 7, 2011

They were in first in a tightly packed Pacific when the trade was made. Normally, these types of trades help to allow the team to continue or exceed the pace that they were on before. Yes, there was the Kuemper injury, but it is more than just that alone.

Tyrus

5 ft 7 in.
May 20, 2013

Signing a "one year deal to bet on yourself and make bank after" is never a smart decision for any player. This is hockey, all it takes is one second and your career is either done or permanently damaged. If Hall's options were sign say a 7x7 deal or sign a 7x1 in the hope of signing 9-9.5x7 the year after the only smart play is to sign for seven years right away.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad