Post-Game Talk: Are you saying Blues or Boourns? Jets win 5-1!

StatisticsAddict99

Feb 24, 2017
Great game overall, but... I think Maurice should switch Little with Roslovic. Perreault did very good in the offensive zone and decent in the back end, at times Laine looked like a pure line driver(you can clearly see his improvement in edgework and explosiveness which made his transition game look much more effective than last year or the previous yesr before) but in defensive situations this game he wasn’t always visible, Little did great in the first period working with Laine and Perreault but disappeared all together after the first period. What I want to see is Perreaults playmaking ability mixed with Roslovics transition game beside Laine.

The CSW line played a little ehh’ like in the 2 first periods but once the 3 period started they went off of the momentum and looked absolutely unstoppable. Surprisingly Connor looked like the best player on that line all night, his speed, shot deception and hand quickness make him so hard to handle when he’s going, this kid looks a hell of allot lie McDavid IMO(now obviously that’s a stretch as McDavid is slightly faster and is one of the smartest thinkers in the league).

The CLT line had no flaws IMO, they did there job and shutdown the opponents best line opposition while giving our scorers time to rest.

The VRE line did surprisingly well, Roslovic looked like the best player on this line IMO, Ehlers was extremely efficient in the transition game as always but he wasn’t as effective at O-Zone playmaking, Vesalainen had his fair share of effective spirts during the game but most of the shifts he played he was unseen. I like this line and it’s apparent it’s very effective in the transition game but I think it would be a better idea to drop Little down to offer more o-zone playmaking smarts to a guy like Vesalainen while Ehlers is used to playing beside Little.

The defence was good as a whole, offering Low qaulity shots but they need to be careful when it comes to there discipline and heading to the box.

Hellebuyck was insane, not much else to say.

JetsFan815

Jan 16, 2012
Laine was awesome, did not have a great preseason but he looked great out there tonight, beyond his usual shooting the puck, he was effective in transition, along the boards and making plays in traffic. The play he made leading to the Connor goal!

PLL line looked like a huge step up from ELL. I would keep this line together for the foreseeable future. Perreault's tenacity and puck retrieval allows the other two to play their game effectively.

CSW absolutely dynamite. These guys are lethal on the rush. Other than a couple of plays in their own zone (is it just me or does Wheeler collapse to the middle way too much even compared to other wingers on the team), no complaints with this line.

CLT didn't think Tanev had his best game but Lowry was awesome.

VRE This line looked like ELL minus the steady veteran presence of a guy like Little. Maurice seemed to take them out of the regular line rotation after that horrendous shift in the second. To be fair, they were caught out there with the Myers/Morrow pairing. Maurice should never have the Myers pairing out at the same time with this line. Still wanna see Dano get a shot here, I feel his presence on this line would have helped calm things down. I feel bad for Ehlers to be left out of the party and I think at the very least Maurice should consider putting him on the Lowry line on the Tanev spot but for now considering how solid the Scheifele line and the Little line looked I wouldn't break them up.

Myers was the only player who really stood out in a bad way, good lord. Morrow was pretty good in comparison, skated well and did his best, hopefully Myers gets better, he started last season like this too and improved.

On the Blues side- OMG! The sequence of plays by Peiterangelo on the Lowry goal :eek: . That line with Thomas looked really good and were dangerous. Felt bad for Allen... on the opening night.

ICdave

May 11, 2009
Winnipeg, Manitoba
www.illegalcurve.com
Post-game audio:

Players - Wheeler, Lowry, Hellebuyck and Laine.

Coach Maurice scrum topics - Was it the three goals in 1:44 or his goalie tonight? The blocker save on O’Reilly. Going for the jugular. On Laine getting the first goal. On Vesalainen’s first NHL game. Did the bench get a lift from the top line?

To listen click here.

Whileee

May 29, 2010
Quick thoughts... (8.1)

CSW - My goodness. Scheifele just gets better and better. He's simply elite, and tireless. Connor looks a notch better than last season. Faster, stronger and more confident. Wheeler picks up where he left off. They still blow the zone a bit early and get hemmed, but they are magic on offense.

CLT - Giving this line second billing. Lowry is an absolute beast. One of the smartest players in the league, .physically dominant, and his skating is now good. Shorty was the key play. Copp was good, and Tanev did his thing. They weren't as dominant as most games last year, but they had tough matchups and potted two goals.

PLL - Laine off to a strong start. Clearly faster than last year, and better at puck possession. Little was very good defensively, but lacks some details in his offensive game. Perreault was his usual good self.

VRE - Didn't get much ice, but I thought they were effective. Ves with a few nice plays, and nice to get a point. This line is going to be dangerous when Maurice can deploy them against easier matchups at home.

MT - Morrissey looked outstanding. He's faster this year, and that's going to make him even better. Trouba got better and better as the game went on. This pairing looks like a great top pair already.

CB - Buff with a bad pinch in his first shift, then settled down and had a strong game.

MM - Myers .. ugh. He really struggled for the first two periods. He is just too sluggish in his decisions and puck movement. Myers was somewhat better in the 3rd. I thought Morrow was quite good, considering how Myers struggled. He was fast and generally made good plays.

H - Top level performance. Maybe the best sign from game 1. A solid year from Hellebuyck and the Jets are going to be really tough.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad