Post-Game Talk: Are you saying Blues or Boourns? Jets win 5-1!

Jeti

Blue-Line Dekes
Jul 8, 2011
MTL
10 shots combined from Laine and Connor? Things are looking good for those 2 already. Connor could hit 40 goals this year.

Reactions: Ares

jetsforever

Dec 14, 2013
Great game
I wish Ehlers played more and Hellebuyck got the shutout (certainly deserved it) but I can't complain

Reactions: 204hockey

Joe Hallenback

Mar 4, 2005
Mike Yeo teams just throw pucks at the net especially from the points so I am not surprised they had a lot of shots but man Helly is a beast

Lowry is a beast
Morrisey is a beast
Trouba was a beast in the 3rd

Reactions: Hunter368

Neuf

Leaving HFBoards for now
Dec 17, 2016
Everyone was great except Myers, but he caused no harm! I would try the Roslovic line one more game, but they might need a shuffle

Hope the captain is buying Bucky dinner.

What a start!

Hunter368

RIP lomiller1, see you in the next life buddy.
Nov 8, 2011
I was expecting more from the Blues, lots of low % shots isn’t threatening. Plus Blues gave up a lot of high risk shots on their goalie......Left him out to dry often.

CorgisPer60

Barking at the net
Apr 15, 2012
Please Understand
Those late power-play is really powdered the Jets and inflated the shot total for the Blues. Too bad but he couldn't get the shutout, but a win and a shellacking of a divisional opponent is almost as good. Myers and Morrow are dreadful together. Somebody dubbed them Whyers and Sorrow on Twitter, and I think I'm going to start calling them that.

Tom ServoMST3K

In search of a Steinbach Hero
Nov 2, 2010
What's your excuse?
Mega pluses:

Laine: Damn - It looks like he's upped his game again.
Connor: He was noticeably stronger on the walls and battling for pucks tonight. Nice to see him rewarded with a goal.
Scheif: How the eff is he signed to the contract he signed. That contract will be the reason the Jets can compete.
Helle: He was the Helle of last year, with a bit more spectacularness.

Big Plus:

Lowry: Every game he brings his big boy pants and lunchpail and puts in an honest day's labour. If this were 1975, he would be everyone's favourite Jet.

Plus:

Pretty much everyone else

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->