Post-Game Talk: Are you saying Blues or Boourns? Jets win 5-1!

GNP

Here Comes the Jets -look out hockey world !!!
Oct 11, 2016
Winnipeg
No need to rush Vesalainen - didn't look impressive out there. I'd really like to see Dano plugged into that line or Lemieux. If Vesa wants to head back to Europe-that's OK- he's only going to get better.

Personally I think Ehlers is one of the most talented guys on the Jets, and should be getting lots of ice time--Roslo should as well. He needs to be developed, as a center ice man.

Helle won that game for us -Shots were 41 to 25 in favor of the Blues.

dcypher

Feb 7, 2013
Kyle Connor jerseys should be flying off the shelves the way he's going to play this year. Same with Lowry.

Sigh, too many players I like. So little money for jerseys. lol.

Reactions: Viktor Vaughn

Tom ServoMST3K

In search of a Steinbach Hero
Nov 2, 2010
What's your excuse?
This was the Jets' M/O all last year.

Wait until the opponent relaxes, and when they do, pump four goals past them in five minutes.

They did it all last year, and was the big reason we were so good in the regular season. I don't care how good you are, you're going to have 5 bad minutes in a hockey game. And if you do, the Jets will kill you.

bustamente

Kinda Optimistic
Jun 29, 2015
Outside Looking In
2jfjgn.jpg

snowkiddin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 26, 2016
Overall, good game. Jets have so much fire power.

CSW was our best line. So dangerous offensively and solid defensively.

Didn’t see too much from Laine’s line but Laine was dangerous and had a good game. I’m interested to see them as the season progresses.

Lowry’s line was great, as per usual. Really love the grit they bring, and of course they are fantastic offensively. Nice to see Lowry and Tanev score. Lowry’s shortie was huge, it put the game on ice.

Roslo’s line didn’t get much ice time, but they were a wreck defensively. Vesalainen made some mistakes, but he’s a rookie and overall he was not bad.

Buff and Morrissey both solid games. Trouba started rough but got better as the game went on. Chiarot wasn’t great. Myers was a tire fire in his own zone tonight. Was worried whenever St. Louis has the puck in our end when he was on the ice. Morrow was good.

Hellebuyck was incredible, really robbed of the shutout. Too bad.

Refs were not good tonight. They missed a tackle on Perreault and clearly tried to get St. Louis back in the game. The penalties on Trouba, Connor and Wheeler were astonishingly bad. They wanted St. Louis to get on the board by any means.

As for the Blues, oh boy Allen was bad.

Hoping for improvement in the next game, if Hellebuyck hadn’t kept us in it into the third, it could’ve been bad.

sipowicz

The thrill is gone
Mar 16, 2011
No need to rush Vesalainen - didn't look impressive out there. I'd really like to see Dano plugged into that line or Lemieux. If Vesa wants to head back to Europe-that's OK- he's only going to get better.

Personally I think Ehlers is one of the most talented guys on the Jets, and should be getting lots of ice time--Roslo should as well. He needs to be developed, as a center ice man.

Down on Vessi after his initial NHL game, wow, who do you think you are Sip?

DudeWhereIsMakar

Bergevin sent me an offer sheet
Apr 25, 2014
Winnipeg
That was an amazing game. As much as do believe we will win the cup I don't want to keep my hopes up too... much. But solid effort by the entire team, Hellebuyck played amazing (I know it was one goal, but still he had lots of saves).

This team is going to be so much fun to watch!

JetsUK

Oct 1, 2015
#FreEhlers

Great game by Helle, JMo, TLC and CSW, PLL looked solid, Chia ragged the puck

#VesaGoHome

Reactions: GNP

kylbaz

Winnipeg <3
Nov 14, 2015
www.movingtowinnipeg.ca
Never been a huge Helle fan but he was unreal. If he played near that level in the playoffs we would have won the cup. That was the best he's ever played imo.
Connor was also unreal he's going to be on another level this year.
I'm usually the first to criticize Laine but he looked great out there too. Creating his shot which he didn't do too much of in the past. If he keeps playing like that, look out.

Tom ServoMST3K

In search of a Steinbach Hero
Nov 2, 2010
What's your excuse?
Jets were outplayed in about 20 minutes of that game. It was even for 20. And the Jets were better for 20.

We have so much talent all over the ice, and in net, that we can win games when we do that.

Reactions: Mortimer Snerd

LowLefty

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 29, 2016
Need to tighten up in the dzone, and if you're going to give up that many shots on the PP at least keep it a bit more to the outside, too many seam passes into grade A chances.

Beyond that it was good, hopefully VRE gets a bit more ice time at home when Mo can control the matchups. Just a matter of time until we click, first full lineup since last playoffs.

Helle was magical, Laine was magical.

Poor Allen. 1 out of 5 goals was completely on him and he got roasted.

Tough way to start the season - multiple power plays in a row that leave the PK heads spinning.
We kept everything to the outside last year so it's not like they don't know how to do it - chalk it up to game one shell shock jitters after taking too many penalties in a row. We'll get that back within a few games.
Bigger issue is the number of penalties - we can avoid all this if we avoid the box.

Line one is going to light in up in 2018/2019 - they leave me with the feeling that they can wind it up anytime they want.
Over all, I thought we rolled 4 solid lines (in game one) that should only get better.
Helly got the rust off - he covers the net so well.

Robinson2187

Registered Schmoozer
Nov 22, 2015
Comox BC
This was the Jets' M/O all last year.

Wait until the opponent relaxes, and when they do, pump four goals past them in five minutes.

They did it all last year, and was the big reason we were so good in the regular season. I don't care how good you are, you're going to have 5 bad minutes in a hockey game. And if you do, the Jets will kill you.
:nod: :clap:

Jets2point0

Oct 14, 2017

Aside from Vesa not looking spectacular, why Dano > Vesa. We know what Dano brings and Vesa is only going to get better. I’ll take his upside

Edgar Halliwax

aka Marvin Candle
Sep 23, 2011
Winnipeg
Mega pluses:

Laine: Damn - It looks like he's upped his game again.
Connor: He was noticeably stronger on the walls and battling for pucks tonight. Nice to see him rewarded with a goal.
Scheif: How the eff is he signed to the contract he signed. That contract will be the reason the Jets can compete.
Helle: He was the Helle of last year, with a bit more spectacularness.

Big Plus:

Lowry: Every game he brings his big boy pants and lunchpail and puts in an honest day's labour. If this were 1975, he would be everyone's favourite Jet.

Plus:

Pretty much everyone else
Nothing against Lowry, but I remember 1975 and my favorite Jets were Hull, Hedberg and Nilsson. Lowry would not have been my favorite. Just sayin’

Reactions: Ippenator

Adam da bomb

May 1, 2016
Aside from Vesa not looking spectacular, why Dano > Vesa. We know what Dano brings and Vesa is only going to get better. I’ll take his upside
I think one reason is we know what Dano brings people would rather Vesa play 1st line minutes (Europe, Moose) instead of 4 minutes this season. Keeps team together longer hopefully as an extra year of cheap Vesa.

Georgetown Al

I’m back...
Aug 8, 2017
Myers and Morrow had me reaching for gin. But man, are we loaded up front.

We waited a long time, now we get to be spoiled with great hockey from our very own team...

Lets just make sure we don't turn into spoiled sports fans come the end of it all... 24 more years to go :thumbu:

Reactions: Mortimer Snerd

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg
The Jets played a good first two periods on the road and then score effect kind of took over:

Helle was fantastic, enough said.

Morrissey and Trouba as a whole played a strong game. Morrissey was terrific all over the ice and Trouba outside of his passing was also strong. Good night for the pair.

Buff was ok but not great. Chariot was mediocre and really shouldn't be in the top 4. At 33 the chances that Buff can consistently carry a replacement level player are low.

Myers was absolutely atrocious tonight, just poor play all around. I feel bad for Morrow, I think he didn't do too bad but was pulled down by his partner.

Maurice should put Morrow back with Buff and Kulikov back with Myers.

Scheifele and Conner were flying out there. Wheeler also played a solid game. No complaints on the top line for me.

Little-Lowry-Perrault : Little played a real strong all around game, no points but looked like the Little of old. Laine was excellent, his skating is really noticeable and it is allowing him to create and impact the play in more ways then last year. Perrault worked hard but didn't generate much.

Lowry and Tanev scored but I thought the line as a whole had one of their least impactful games. They got hemmed in a lot which is very uncharacteristic. Chalk it up to a off night and move forward.

Poor Ehlers, he got the shaft tonight. I didn't see anything off in his game but he just didn't get on the ice enough. Roslovic was solid as was Ves but a lack of ice time hurt their flow imo.

If Maurice plans on using Ehlers on the 4th then he needs to get him some PK time to up his ice time and keep him involved.

I still can't stand our PK system, we bleed way too many shots against. We are going to start bleeding eventually if we keep it up.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->