NESN Are Bruins fans tuning out Jack Edwards when NBC is available?

Which channel do you plan on watching for Game 7?

• TVAS (French)

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

BMC

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2003
The Quiet Corner
I would prefer NESN, but I’m out of market, so it’s NBC. It sucks that my feed is substantially behind y’all’s, so I have to stay out of the GDT.

Hope we’ll get Alberts again tomorrow. Doc annoys me.

You should be able to watch on NESNgo

ap3lovr

Dec 31, 2005
New Brunswick
I prefer NBC. It isn't just a question of Jack vs Doc, it is more a full package. Nesn feels like a discount version of the NBC broadcast. TSN used to have the best broadcast though, I would always take it over NESN if given the opportunity.

TD Charlie

Sep 10, 2007
I actually watched on NBC last night because NESN had it listed as Bruins in 2. To play it safe I recorded both channels but checked NBC first, and it worked.

I didn't know NESN actually had the game until just now.

Reactions: Strafer

talkinaway

Mar 19, 2014
On the couch
Here’s a devil’s advocate against NBC: I don’t like the intermission look ins. I literally clear out my DVR, record all playoff games, and I can watch complete games into the summer, or on Bruins off days. (Yeah, they’re spoiled, but it’s the only way to get summer hockey.) I don’t really need to look in if I’m going to watch the game later. I’d much rather listen to Dale et al in the NESN studio.

Also, NBC has those annoying mini ads during puck drops. IMO, that’s almost worse than the ticker - I can train my eyes not to look at the ticker. But when the volume goes way up, and they start yelling about $1 tacos, it’s tough to ignore. (Speaking of which, some of the NBC games havre really screwed up those ads. We notice.). I’d much rather have Jack Edwards briefly and awkwardly touting Cardi B’s next concert at Foxwoods - it’s more seamless.

Reactions: Strafer

PB37

Mr Selke
Oct 1, 2002
Maine
Jack and Brick. Nothing else comes close to my ears. I love their calls and I really enjoy the intermission stuff with Jaffe and Pederson. The presentation of NBCSN is nice but I can't stand their play by play guys.

The Hajj

Sponsor
Feb 15, 2012
Boise, Idaho
I do not like Jack’s recent calls where he seems to go overboard in his “non-bias” behavior, where he heaps praise on the opposing team or players. As a Bruins fan, I don’t want to hear how great an opposing player is doing or how that player is from some obscure place. I miss the days of Fred and John. They barely let you know when the other team scored, and certainly never praised the opposition. Derek would openly rag on the other team’s players and I really enjoyed his rants. Those were the good old days for me.

Reactions: trenton1

trenton1

Bergeron for Hart
Dec 19, 2003
Loge 31 Row 10
I go with NESN because despite the better tech on NBC, there will be plenty of NBC into June. Also, Doc makes too many mistakes.
I also prefer Brickley and Jaffe. Jaffe is excellent and I'm surprised and pleased that he has stayed with NESN.

Smitty93

Dec 6, 2012
I generally will watch on NESN, but NBC does have the better picture/production. I think Emrick is better than Edwards, though Doc has slipped in recent years, but it probably comes down to the fact that I like Brickley more than Millbury. There's also something to watching the local broadcast point of view versus the national.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad