NESN Are Bruins fans tuning out Jack Edwards when NBC is available?

Which channel do you plan on watching for Game 7?

• TVAS (French)

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA

NESN might be right about the listings being screwed up - I know for a fact that last night Xfinity ( which owns NBCSN had the NESN listing as Bruins in Two instead of the game listing itself.

I know that from what my DVR reads from last night

upload_2019-4-18_16-50-50.png

upload_2019-4-18_6-1-27.png

But given how NESN promoted that they had the game that rating is 'interesting'

Absurdity

light switch connoisseur
Jul 6, 2012
Maybe. It's more superstition for me more than anything, Bruins lost both games I watched on NESN and won both when I watched on NBCSN. Edwards does get annoying at times.

Watching NESN feed back to the Leafs fans outside doesn't help. Why should I care about Leafs fans celebrating a goal?

Last edited:
Reactions: Chief Nine

talkinaway

Mar 19, 2014
On the couch
I like Jack because he gets the PBP call right most of the time, so I watched it on NESN - I knew it would be on NESN, and noticed that the listing was "Bruins in Two". (I think this was for Game 4, but it could have been Game 3.) Honestly, even if I hadn't known, I would have tested the waters on NESN first. That's my MO all the time for Bruins regular season - check NESN, simply because the odds are better. If it's Charlie Moore and not "Charlie and Moore", flip as fast as possible to NBCSN.

But if I were patient enough, I'd rev up NESNgo for audio, and switch to NBC feed on mute (shut up, Pierre!) for the first round. In the past, I've been relatively calm about the ticker, but it's mutated into something terrible. We live in a world with second screens - nobody wants the score of the Diamondbacks game! And, as long as NBC isn't messing with "Star Sunday" shift length, their graphics are better, IMO - the poop brown to indicate which team is on the PP is ridiculous.

Reactions: BruinsFTW

Number8

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2007
I got confused and didn’t know game was on NESN. Started watching NBC. Only comments in HF GDT thread clued me in that NESN had game as well.

Stayed the course because we were winning and because Alberts was doing call. I like him a lot.

Of course if Doc Emerick was calling game I would have tried like hell to find a Spanish language feed. I respect opinions of those who like him, but for me personally Doc sets my teeth on edge. Cannot wait until he retires.

13Hockey

Go Bruins
Jul 20, 2006
Boston
Nesn picture was horrible last night for me and choppy at times

I switched to nbcsn mid way thru the 1st

Bmessy

Nov 25, 2007
East Boston, MA
Jack has been pretty bad lately. Stumbled over his words and hasn't even finished some play calls several times this series. Been kinda weird.

Reactions: 00BW

TwineTickler

TheUltimateBruin
May 13, 2006
Fairfield County, CT
Jack has been pretty bad lately. Stumbled over his words and hasn't even finished some play calls several times this series. Been kinda weird.

I noticed this towards the end of the season actually.... has me a little concerned he may be running out of time.... although Doc has been brutal for like 10 years and is still NBCs go to... so perhaps not

s3antana5757

Feb 15, 2014
I think NBC has a better volume and picture than NESN, not because of the announcers

This is exactly why I watch NBSCN. The commentary doesn't really do much for me in either direction. I can see the puck so much better on NBSCN.

McGarnagle

Yes.
Aug 5, 2017
If I had my pick, I'd watch the NESN feed. But I'm not in NESN's geographic region and I'd rather watch NBC live than be 90 seconds behind everyone watching a stream of NESN.

danpantz

Mar 31, 2013
NBC has much better production quality. NESN has always been hit or miss (bad camera angles, random camera cuts to nothing, technical difficulties). And I swear they made the ticker bigger, and it is interfering with the view.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad