NESN Are Bruins fans tuning out Jack Edwards when NBC is available?

Which channel do you plan on watching for Game 7?

• TVAS (French)

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

TP

Global Moderator
Dec 2, 2008
I am usually a NESN guy, but I changed to NBC last night after some glitchiness and the game just looks better on there. the ticker.. yea, thats the other thing.

Reactions: Lady Rhian

Dellstrom

Pastrnasty
May 1, 2011
Boston
Jack is hit or miss... I love the passion he brings but some of the stuff he says is just... so stupid. He can be really whiny and annoying at times, but again, he loves the team and his job and I really respect all of the work he puts into it. He knows his stuff and usually he's fun to listen to.

I'll always pick NESN over whatever announcers NBC has to offer, most of them are much worse. I wish NESN would be a bit more professional with their audio and video quality, and it doesn't need to be said again but nuke the f***ing ticker.

17of26

Sep 9, 2008
I watched NBC last night after watching NESN earlier in the series. The video and audio on NBC is SO much better, especially the crowd noise.

On NESN, the crowd is so muted that it doesn't feel like a playoff game at all. And, of course, there's that damn ticker.

Reactions: Lady Rhian and 00BW

Bruinsfan88

Jan 9, 2012
New Hampshire
I watched NBC last night after watching NESN earlier in the series. The video and audio on NBC is SO much better, especially the crowd noise.

On NESN, the crowd is so muted that it doesn't feel like a playoff game at all. And, of course, there's that damn ticker.

This exactly. I don't mind Jack as much as most people do. But I would switch between the two channels every once in a while and the crowd noise was way louder on NBC. I prefer to hear the crowd and the overall sounds of the game better.

dtam83

Jun 8, 2011
Boston
This exactly. I don't mind Jack as much as most people do. But I would switch between the two channels every once in a while and the crowd noise was way louder on NBC. I prefer to hear the crowd and the overall sounds of the game better.
agreed. the picture quality was also better on NBC. I'm a little indifferent on doc but Pierre can shove his player-X-played-pee-wees-under-Y-coach-who-had-an-uncle-that-used-to-run-the-zamboni's-at-the-old-Bruins-practice-facility up where the sun don't shine.

once the game was in hnad (4-1), I changed back to NESN to hear Jack's call

nORRis8

The NHL, the stupidest League ever.
Sep 16, 2015
RedDeer, Alberta
I do not get NESN but that would be my #1 choice.
NBC with Emerick drives me nuts. So irritating to hear him scream over the simplest things.
CBC is a Leaf shill channel like no other.
Last I watched CBC but the volume was completely down. Horrible biasness.

mflo77

Jul 9, 2002
Visit site
Jack is awful I watch CBC over him ...

i think its absolutely nuts that people would choose NBC over Jack Edwards. Jack Edwards is far superior on calling games than anybody on NBC. He is definitely a home, goes over board a few times during the broadcast, but he is one of the best game callers in the business.

Rubber Biscuit

Sep 9, 2010
Long Island
Unrelated to Jack, but I have to say that I think Milbury has really done a fine job pretty much any time he's the color guy. For as much as he sucked at many other things, I've never had an issue when he's in the booth

smithformeragent

Sep 22, 2005
Milford, NH
Oddly enough, we get NESN in HD, but not NBC on the dish so I went with NESN last night.

Girlfriend’s observation on Jack: “This guy’s the dirt worst.”

prizminferno

Feb 14, 2019
NESN showing ML Square when the Leafs scored but not the Bruins was infuriating and unacceptable. Thankfully they panned to them at the end of the game.

PatriceBergeronFan

Jul 15, 2011
USA
I seriously thought Jack had a heart attack with his screeching goal call on the Coyle empty net.

He always comes through.... the Leafs... are MULCH!

Kraemer and the score ticker still need to be launched to the moon.

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
watch NESN every chance I get, yep, I`m an unapologetic fan of Jack with the acknowledgment he goes overboard sometimes, rather listen to a B`s homer than any opponents 8 days a week

Reactions: PatriceBergeronFan

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad