NESN Are Bruins fans tuning out Jack Edwards when NBC is available?

Which channel do you plan on watching for Game 7?

• TVAS (French)

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

UncleRico

May 8, 2017
I have my gripes with jack but I love brick and there’s a nostalgia to watching with the people you’re most used to and also love the team like you do

I like the production values of nbc and don’t mind their crew except for the anti bruins bias that often exists but I gotta go with the hometown crew

I don’t think there’s an anti-bruins bias at all. I think it’s just that Jack is so unbelievably Bruins biases that it just seems others are anti bruins when covering the game.

Reactions: dabid and UConn126

GloryDaze4877

Barely Irrelevant
Jun 27, 2006
The Sticks (West MA)
As usual, I am the opposite to you, haha!

I love Jack, but....... I wish and have wished for years now, that Brick would shut up when the play is happening so that Jack can call the game. That is Jack's job. I really get irritated listening to Brick go on and on and on and on about a play that happened 3-60 minutes ago or last game they played against that team, etc- I want to hear the play by play, dammit! At least with NBC, you hear it. I feel like it's more the Andy Brickley show some nights- the man just doesn't know when to cut it off........oh and is there an Andy Bingo now? I started listening to music during the games because he started repeating himself. If I heard one more time "practice good habits" I probably would have thrown something at the TV.

Yes, folks, I know I am probably the only one as usual on here that feels this way. I love Jack and enjoy his humor and passion. Years ago, people were whining that he was always excited when the opposing team scored or thought he was rooting for them. Now that he's a home boy rooting for the Bruins, he's irritating.

Jack IS a homer AND he still gets overly excited when stars from other teams score. It’s the worst of both worlds.

Jack’s job is play by play and Brick does color. He’s supposed to interject between Jack’s calls...which is difficult to do when Jack talks incessantly.

As others have said, if Jack kept it strictly to the play by play, he would be good, but it seems to be way more about Jack these days and less about the game.

Last edited:

CharasLazyWrister

Sep 8, 2008
Northborough, MA
The “NBC hates my team” complaints exist in every single fan base. Just like the NHL hates their team. And the refs hate their team. And Gary Bettman hates their team.

And the Dalai Lama hates their team, etc.

Mike Milbury may be insufferable at times, but he’s definitely not rooting for the Leafs.

GloryDaze4877

Barely Irrelevant
Jun 27, 2006
The Sticks (West MA)
I for one love Jack Edwards. Best guy in the biz if you ask me. Angelic voice, encyclopedic knowledge of all things hockey

And if he were to read this and want to invite me to a game I would take him up on his offer.

Fingernails on a chalk board at this point for me. Guess that’s why they have 31 different flavors.

The other night I watched the game on NBCS with the volume off because Emrick was just as bad, but the picture was better.

Clode

Aug 2, 2012
Derry, NH
NBC. I used to love Jack but he seems to have become more and more unhinged over the years, plus the presentation on NBC is so much better

Reactions: Fenian24

Rubber Biscuit

Sep 9, 2010
Long Island
The “NBC hates my team” complaints exist in every single fan base. Just like the NHL hates their team. And the refs hate their team. And Gary Bettman hates their team.

Mike Milbury may be insufferable at times, but he’s definitely not rooting for the Leafs.

Well, some teams may have a point with the Dalai Lama ;)

dalai-lama.png

PatriceBergeronFan

Jul 15, 2011
USA

They definitely try to be neutral. Sometimes their tangents and infatuation with certain players can be annoying.

I actually like Pierre. He adds something to the broadcast. Doc.... not so much.

Trade Alex for Pierre.

Gonzothe7thDman

Jun 24, 2007
Central, Ma
Fingernails on a chalk board at this point for me. Guess that’s why they have 31 different flavors.

The other night I watched the game on NBCS with the volume off because Emrick was just as bad, but the picture was better.

Not me, I fully enjoy listening to him every night on NESN©

And if he were to read this and want to invite me to a game I would take him up on his offer.

CharasLazyWrister

Sep 8, 2008
Northborough, MA
They definitely try to be neutral. Sometimes their tangents and infatuation with certain players can be annoying.

I actually like Pierre. He adds something to the broadcast. Doc.... not so much.

Trade Alex for Pierre.

I do agree. The hate for Pierre is over the top even though I do concede he is annoying at times.

If anyone thinks Jack is great, but “cannot stand Pierre”, they are insane.

OT Moment

Mar 25, 2014
Maine
Wow, lots of very picky people about what people's voices sound like etc.. I've learned to not mind the sound of almost any voice; ever since I had voice problems I just became thankful for the existence of functioning voices.

I love Jack & Brick, but I get to listen to them all season long, so I usually watch the playoffs on the national broadcast (usually NBCSN) when given a choice. It feels more like the playoffs when the broadcast is different from the regular season, and knowing that the rest of the country is watching with me. I think Mike Emrick makes everything so hyped up and appropriately exciting for the playoffs. He gets equally excited when both teams get a scoring chance, upping the playoff anxiety and tension that I love.

Reactions: Lady Rhian

Pay Carl

punished “venom” krejci
Jun 23, 2011
Vermont
I used to prefer NESN 100%, but watching on NBC gives more of a "playoff vibe" if you know what I mean

Just the national announcers, production value, etc. makes it feel like its the playoffs whereas NESN just reminds me of the regular season so it doesn't feel as intense

Not sure what I'll watch tonight

KnightofBoston

Mar 22, 2010
The Valley of Pioneers
I don’t think there’s an anti-bruins bias at all. I think it’s just that Jack is so unbelievably Bruins biases that it just seems others are anti bruins when covering the game.

Nah, sometimes they’re in favor of the bruins, but if it’s a league darling of the night they’re way more flattering of them and critical of the bruins - specifically “Edzo”

Reactions: Lady Rhian

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad