Recalled/Assigned: Archibald, Pelletier up. Sauve down. (UPDATE: Pelletier sent back down)

Betamax*

Not the cheapest, the one that put the Canucks over the cap by the smallest amount. If they don't exceed the cap, no LTIR relief.

I think the proper wording is "Getting as close to the cap ceiling without going over" to maximize LTIR relief. I don't think at any time, a team can be over the salary cap with the players on their active roster.

It's sort of like the Price is Right and the "Showcase Showdown" where the goal is to get to as close to the right price without going over.

Eddy Punch Clock

Jack Adams 2028
Jun 13, 2007
Chillbillyville
I think the proper wording is "Getting as close to the cap ceiling without going over" to maximize LTIR relief. I don't think at any time, a team can be over the salary cap with the players on their active roster.

It's sort of like the Price is Right and the "Showcase Showdown" where the goal is to get to as close to the right price without going over.

Yep, remember when Calgary couldn't call on any players to "come on down!"?

That was a funny episode.

Betamax*

Question for the CBA experts....can Pelletier play in Utica tonight or does he have to clear waivers first?

Yes, he can go back and play in Utica without going through waivers again. A player only has to clear waivers once per season (which Pelletier did) when the Canucks were trimming their roster before the regular season began.

opendoor

Dec 12, 2006
Yes, he can go back and play in Utica without going through waivers again. A player only has to clear waivers once per season (which Pelletier did) when the Canucks were trimming their roster before the regular season began.

Not true. After a combined 10 games or 30 days (whichever comes first) on an NHL roster a waiver eligible player has to be waived again to be loaned to the AHL.

Wetcoaster

That is incorrect.

When a player clears waivers and is sent down and then is called up again, he does not have to clear waivers to be sent down again unless he has played 10 games and has been on an NHL roster for 30 days - both are cumulative calculations.

CBA Article 13.2 sets out when waivers are again required.

(a) Regular Waivers were requested and cleared during the Playing Season Waiver Period; and

(b) the Player has not played in ten (10) or more NHL Games cumulative since Regular Waivers on him were last cleared, and more than thirty (30) days cumulative on an NHL roster have not passed since Regular Waivers on him were last cleared.​

TruGr1t

Proper Villain
Jun 26, 2003
Looks like Burrows is back...

Guessing:

Sedin-Sedin-Kesler
Higgins-Santorelli-Burrows
Sestito-Richardson-Kassian
Archibald-Welsh-Weber

The era of Sestito. Well I guess after years .... our bottom six finally has some size.

Betamax*

Not true. After a combined 10 games or 30 days (whichever comes first) on an NHL roster a waiver eligible player has to be waived again to be loaned to the AHL.

That is incorrect.

When a player clears waivers and is sent down and then is called up again, he does not have to clear waivers to be sent down again unless he has played 10 games and has been on an NHL roster for 30 days - both are cumulative calculations.

CBA Article 13.2 sets out when waivers are again required.

(a) Regular Waivers were requested and cleared during the Playing Season Waiver Period; and

(b) the Player has not played in ten (10) or more NHL Games cumulative since Regular Waivers on him were last cleared, and more than thirty (30) days cumulative on an NHL roster have not passed since Regular Waivers on him were last cleared.​

Thanks x2 for the clarification. So in Pelletier case, he would not need to clear waivers.

TruGr1t

Proper Villain
Jun 26, 2003
Based on Pelltier getting sent down or have you heard something else?

Yeah, or else we're making a trade or our fourth line wingers will be Alberts and Weber. Just going on reports Burrows was likely back after the Blues game, and I see no chance we dress two defensemen at forward.

Eddy Punch Clock

Jack Adams 2028
Jun 13, 2007
Chillbillyville
Yeah, or else we're making a trade or our fourth line wingers will be Alberts and Weber. Just going on reports Burrows was likely back after the Blues game, and I see no chance we dress two defensemen at forward.

Very cool; adding a top line player to team that's already on a roll.

Still, hope he's not being rushed a bit because of the injury situation.

Betamax*

Very cool; adding a top line player to team that's already on a roll.

Still, hope he's not being rushed a bit because of the injury situation.

I think Burrows will now be made a second liner now Kesler taken his spot. I wonder if they will try Burrows out at Centre? I'd think they'd keep MS at centre until his play levels off.

overtherainbow

Jan 6, 2012
Looks like Burrows is back...

Guessing:

Sedin-Sedin-Kesler
Higgins-Santorelli-Burrows
Sestito-Richardson-Kassian
Archibald-Welsh-Weber

The era of Sestito. Well I guess after years .... our bottom six finally has some size.

For all the flak that Sestito gets he's a pretty good player in limited areas. He has conditioning issues but is better than a lot of bottom-6 options the Canucks had in the past. Plus he's awesome at pissing people off. Kassian seems to be a regular ****-starter too so it's refreshing to have the agitating quality of our team back without it being from Burrows and Kesler.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad