Recalled/Assigned: Archibald, Pelletier up. Sauve down. (UPDATE: Pelletier sent back down)

avelanch

Feb 9, 2010
Excited to see Archibald get his first game, and good for Pelletier to be rewarded with a call-up too.

I think that joke went over your head. :p: Welcome to the boards.
sorry, it must have been a running joke?

PhilMick

Formerly PRNuck
May 20, 2009
Calgary
Sauve never even left Utica. He got paid one day of NHL salary, and was not even permitted to go into the Comets' dressing room during that period.

:laugh: That's pretty sweet actually, unless he forgot something in the dressing room. I would have insisted on a first class flight to Vancouver and back.

PhilMick

Formerly PRNuck
May 20, 2009
Calgary
It would be nice if Pelletier could get his first nhl point.

I didn't realize he'd already logged some games, I guess choosing him over Grenier makes more sense now. For some reason I thought Pelletier was a junior last year, must have mixed him up with someone else.

Basso

Dec 11, 2008
So, likely anyway:

Sedin-Sedin-Kesler
Higgins-Santo-Kassian
Pelletier-Richardson-Archibald
Sestito-Welsh-Weber

Could work, if not...meh. We've made bank on this road trip so far. Worth the risk, and we don't have much of a choice.

Haha what the hell has our bottom 6 been reduced to!

I'm excited to see this Archibald kid get a shot, I think he may be a pleasant surprise and has more of an upside than Wiese ever did.

avelanch

Feb 9, 2010
I didn't realize he'd already logged some games, I guess choosing him over Grenier makes more sense now. For some reason I thought Pelletier was a junior last year, must have mixed him up with someone else.
polasek, maybe?

Pseudonymous*

Great to see Archibald get his first game, i've liked him since i first watched him, the guy knows where to go to get points, i think his game translates to the nhl nicely. He goes to the front of the net often

thepuckmonster

Professional Winner.
Oct 25, 2011
Vancouver
Archibald seems like a good energy player.

Definitely get a bit of an Ebbett vibe from him but hell, with the injuries right now I would gladly be playing Ebbett right now.

Basso

Dec 11, 2008
Archibald seems like a good energy player.

Definitely get a bit of an Ebbett vibe from him but hell, with the injuries right now I would gladly be playing Ebbett right now.

Please don't say the Ebbett word :) AV's fave! Nah man Archie is 6'3 201 lbs not a shortie like Ebbs.

RobertKron

Sep 1, 2007

I'm excited to see this Archibald kid get a shot, I think he may be a pleasant surprise and has more of an upside than Wiese ever did.

Weise was scoring 28g/50p in the AHL at the age that archibald was in the ECHL.

denkiteki

Jun 29, 2010

Wiese actually has more upside than Archibald. Problem with Wiese is his lack of work effort or inconsistency. Wiese has all the physical tools Archibald has, is a faster skater, and much better with the puck (i.e. just check out youtube or actually watch a game without just looking for goals and you'll see some great moves/pass that Wiese can make, like recently his breakout pass to Sedin to spring a 2 on 1 vs NYI for the 3-3 goal... its not a pass too many players can make on top of making it perfectly). He just seems invisible some nights or take shifts off while Archibald seems to give it 110% all the time but doesn't have the same level of skill. If Wiese somehow puts it all together, he could be a very good 3rd liner or even a top 6 winger. He was actually a pretty good scorer in the AHL (after his rookie year) and wasn't bad in Europe last year.

Archibald is someone you can't help but cheer for and hope for another Burrows like success story but realistically, his upside seems to be at most a 3rd liner and more likely peak as a 4th liner. He hasn't proven his scoring ability much in the AHL level yet and honestly if we had anymore depth @ forward (i.e. our top 3 forward prospects aren't in Jrs. and Jensen isn't hurt), he wouldn't see any NHL action. That said, maybe the fact he is in the NHL will light a fire in him and somehow he plays beyond what he has shown @ the AHL level and stays (like i said, you can't help but cheer for him). With Hansen out, it never hurts having an energy player out there (something Wiese is inconsistent at providing).

me2

Go ahead foot
Jun 28, 2002
Make my day.
Not the cheapest, the one that put the Canucks over the cap by the smallest amount. If they don't exceed the cap, no LTIR relief.

Relief is for the amount over the cap, $1 over or $5m over, same thing, effectively it just takes you back to cap if you are over. Can't "bank" relief.

Hammer79

Jan 9, 2009
Kelowna
Capgeek has updated the Canucks page:

http://capgeek.com/canucks

I didn't know the Canes retained 40% of Welsh's salary.

Relief is for the amount over the cap, $1 over or $5m over, same thing, effectively it just takes you back to cap if you are over. Can't "bank" relief.

But they had to exceed the cap to get it. If I'm reading it right, it would be Hansen's salary minus the amount Sauve put us over the cap.

Betamax*

It would be nice if Pelletier could get his first nhl point.

It would be nice if these AHL call-ups can play well enough to play more than a shift or three. The Canucks need them to be on the ice for at least a few minutes to allow their top players at least some rest during the game.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->