Recalled/Assigned: Archibald, Pelletier up. Sauve down. (UPDATE: Pelletier sent back down)

No Face No Case

Feb 28, 2012
I'd much rather have Stanton-Weber playing than Alberts-Stanton/Bourque/Orr/Pronger/Jesus

D.Sedin-H.Sedin-Bieksa
Higgins-Kesler-Santorelli
Archibald-Richardson-Kassian
Sestito-Peletier-AHLberts

Edler-Garrison
Hamhuis-Tanev
Stanton-Weber

David71

Dec 27, 2008
vancouver
okay wonder if sauve was at the utica airport or whatever it is there and gets a call from mgmt team we're sending you right back down LOL.

MS

1%er
Mar 18, 2002
Vancouver, BC
Funny but true. I don't mind him going for a wander because Torts has the team covering up for Bieksa's offensive wanderings much better than AV did.

Bieksa had these stretches where he was feeling it and driving possession in a dominant way under Vigneault, too.

And he'll have 'old Bieksa' stretches under Tortorella eventually.

This isn't a new thing - he's just on a hot streak right now where his anticipation and timing are spot on. When they aren't spot on, things go haywire.

Drop the Sopel

May 4, 2007
calgary
Bieksa had these stretches where he was feeling it and driving possession in a dominant way under Vigneault, too.

This isn't a new thing - he's just on a hot streak right now where his anticipation and timing are spot on. When they aren't spot on, things go haywire.

It's also the competition. This style of play can go wrong in a hurry when you're playing against Toews/Kane or Couture/Pavelski.

Maybe Sullivan and Tortorella can get more out of Bieksa than Vigneault and Bowness did? Sullivan and Torts sure got a ton out of Girardi and co. in New York. The Rangers dmen thus far have looked lost without their coaching staff...

Reverend Mayhem

Lowly Serf/Reluctant Cuckold
Feb 15, 2009
Port Coquitlam, BC

A good example is his play in the 2010 playoffs. One night he'd be our top defenseman, others he'd be a hot mess.

If we can just somehow get Bieksa to tune in when it matters, it would be scary. Like the 2011 series vs. San Jose. That was a damn fine defenseman.

BoHorvatFan

Dec 13, 2009
Vancouver
You guys can say what you want about Bieksa but I love that dude. Did anyone see tonight a Devil took a bit of a run at a Canuck forward and Bieksa went way out of position to return the favour? he's a beauty.

I actually wouldn't mind seeing him play some forward, dude's badass can do whatever he wants out there.

Reverend Mayhem

Lowly Serf/Reluctant Cuckold
Feb 15, 2009
Port Coquitlam, BC
You guys can say what you want about Bieksa but I love that dude. Did anyone see tonight a Devil took a bit of a run at a Canuck forward and Bieksa went way out of position to return the favour? he's a beauty.

I actually wouldn't mind seeing him play some forward, dude's badass can do whatever he wants out there.

As a person, Bieksa is great. He was the voice of our team for awhile there and I enjoyed that. As a hockey player, it's complicated. He reminds me so much of myself playing inline hockey, fact is that doesn't translate great over to ice. But when he's on, he's one of my favourites. I just think he needs to be doing a little bit more thinking and less reacting.

Chubros

Dec 9, 2011
okay wonder if sauve was at the utica airport or whatever it is there and gets a call from mgmt team we're sending you right back down LOL.

I'm sure they told him he wasn't going to actually join the team.

I bet he made a few extra bucks for that day he was technically on the Canucks. If so, I'd also be interested to know why he was the one rewarded.

Hammer79

Jan 9, 2009
Kelowna

I bet he made a few extra bucks for that day he was technically on the Canucks. If so, I'd also be interested to know why he was the one rewarded.

Just how the cap numbers worked out. They needed to exceed the cap for LTIR, but by the least amount possible so that Hansen's salary minus the amount Sauve's hit exceeded the cap is the amount of relief they get to add to replace Hansen.

Win One Before I Die

Cautious Optimism
Jul 31, 2007

yeah im sure he wont mind with the big pay cheque

thepuckmonster

Professional Winner.
Oct 25, 2011
Vancouver

Cheapest contract I imagine to maximize LTIR benefits.

thekernel

Apr 11, 2011
I like Archibald, had my eye on him ever since the time I organized our depth chart by height. I'd love to see him crash and bang around and maybe make a soft handed play or two.

Saturated Fats

This is water
Jan 24, 2007
Vancouver/Edinburgh
Against a big team like the Blues, it'll be nice to see a guy like Archibald out there. I knew he would get a chance this year, too. He looked real good for the Wolves last year in the games I saw. He isn't the best skater but, he hits hard and often, and positions himself in front of the net for the greasy ones. And if some turkey like Reaves tries to run one of the Twins, he'll have a someone other than 2-minute Sestito to worry about.

Pelltier i'm 'meh' about, but I'm not sure there were many other viable options with Dalpe on conditionals and Jensen hurt.

Orca Smash

Feb 9, 2012

Well he might take some risks leading to breakdowns under torts, as torts wants our d to be over aggressive, what he wont get away with though is lazy skating, and puck give aways under torts.

I dont think anyone really had issues with bieksa risk taking under av, it was more so his nonchalant attitude toward work, and his glaringly bad give aways some games.

vanuck

Now with 100% less Benning!
Dec 28, 2009
Excited to see Archibald get his first game, and good for Pelletier to be rewarded with a call-up too.

Sauve was just a Capspace call up (to maximize LTIR relief for Schroeder/Hansen) he was never going to play. These guys should actually play.

I think that joke went over your head. :p: Welcome to the boards.

avelanch

Feb 9, 2010

considering the team was in NJ at the time, i doubt he was flying there from utica. he was probably halfway there in his car when he got the call. :laugh:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad