Apex Legends F2P BR on all platforms

SouthGeorge

May 2, 2018
Yeah, I'm elite so I noticed the lag in this game in my very first match. Last game I played I clutched, 9 kill win for my squad. I still think this game is dead in 2 weeks.

SeidoN

#OGOC #2018 HFW Predictions Champ
Aug 8, 2012
AEF
Yeah, I'm elite so I noticed the lag in this game in my very first match. Last game I played I clutched, 9 kill win for my squad. I still think this game is dead in 2 weeks.

not elite enough bud

dftGQe4.jpg

Reactions: SouthGeorge

TheBluePenguin

Apr 15, 2015
St Louis
I did nto change anything since last night and I have been able to play about 8 matches in a row right now, Clearly my longest steak

chicagoskycam

Land of #1 Overall Picks
Nov 19, 2009
Fulton Market, Chicago
chicagoskycam.com
Played for a week or so and getting a bit bored. I don't like the random system for unlocking skins, ect. I keep getting the same garbage. I'd rather they have challenges to unlock but I guess they gotta make money. The gameplay is pretty good all around. I always have a wingman on me at all times, lol.

Regarding the network lag. I have pointed my gun point blank at players many times and fired off a clip with no damage. No, I'm not shooting the hologram. It really ticks me off.

Reactions: SouthGeorge

PizzaAndPucks

New Jersey Angels diehard
Nov 29, 2018
Played it on Xbox almost every day since the first Friday it dropped. Runs so much better than pubg on Xbox. I've only crashed from a game 1 time from non network related error. They have their plans for the game mapped out for this year so new legends , weapons and loot will be coming to keep the game interesting over the year. Despite being average on the game I love it. I gotts get better over time because my 8 year old Xbox friend is carrying my team on a daily basis lol....

Sep 19, 2008
It seems pretty good so far, I'll have to try it out later. I like how you can demand drops and revive teammates.

Warden of the North

Ned Stark's head
Apr 28, 2006
Muskoka
Played it on Xbox almost every day since the first Friday it dropped. Runs so much better than pubg on Xbox. I've only crashed from a game 1 time from non network related error. They have their plans for the game mapped out for this year so new legends , weapons and loot will be coming to keep the game interesting over the year. Despite being average on the game I love it. I gotts get better over time because my 8 year old Xbox friend is carrying my team on a daily basis lol....

PUBGs performance is an embarrassment.

Side note, I find it absolutely hilarious that we heard about PUBG coming for ages and when it arrived it was a buggy mess that looks like junk with a hefty price tag.

Then we get Fortnite and now Apex which are both F2P and and perform and look better. They are better designed too.

Reactions: Turin

chicagoskycam

Land of #1 Overall Picks
Nov 19, 2009
Fulton Market, Chicago
chicagoskycam.com
Problem with PubG to some extent is they have so much more detailed content on their maps. On the Xbox X it ran well after a couple months, then they started adding maps. Now, none of the buildings render until 20 or 30 seconds after landing. I can't even tell what my landing spot is because nothing is there!

My friends without the X will routinely fall through the map when travelling at high speeds in vehicles because it can't keep up. Either it's too much for consoles or they botched it.

SouthGeorge

May 2, 2018
Problem with PubG to some extent is they have so much more detailed content on their maps. On the Xbox X it ran well after a couple months, then they started adding maps. Now, none of the buildings render until 20 or 30 seconds after landing. I can't even tell what my landing spot is because nothing is there!

My friends without the X will routinely fall through the map when travelling at high speeds in vehicles because it can't keep up. Either it's too much for consoles or they botched it.

That's a glitch that started happening once they put Vikendi in the game. You can't drive too fast in certain areas and some areas it happens more than others. There's a lot of annoying glitches but if something keeps happening over and over and people don't learn then idk.

PK Cronin

Bailey Fan Club Prez
Feb 11, 2013
Just played this game last night for the first time. It runs smoothly, but aside from that I don't really care for it. Only played about eight games or so but I just don't like the weapons or UI for the inventory system much. Part of it is just that I'd have to re-learn what everything is and what's best in certain scenarios and I just don't have the desire to do that with yet another game. Something like PUBG makes sense right off the bat to me because the weapons are real, but there's always a slight learning curve with these other games.

Love that you can ping items and enemies for your teammates to see. I like that you can get back into the game after you die too. Not a big fan of ultimate abilities or limiting the amount of players per team to three. Overall, a nice game that just isn't for me. I'm sure I'll goof around with it some more, but don't think it will be anything I seriously get into.

Frankie Spankie

Feb 22, 2009
Dorchester, MA
That's a glitch that started happening once they put Vikendi in the game. You can't drive too fast in certain areas and some areas it happens more than others. There's a lot of annoying glitches but if something keeps happening over and over and people don't learn then idk.
I like how you went from "Apex Legends sucks, look at these problems that need to be fixed" to "PUBG is fine, if you don't figure out how to avoid the bugs, it's your fault."

chicagoskycam

Land of #1 Overall Picks
Nov 19, 2009
Fulton Market, Chicago
chicagoskycam.com

So you're saying falling through the map is the player's problem for not knowing all the spots it could happen. What? For me, it's inconsistent anyways.

Whiplash27

Quattro!!
Jan 25, 2007
Westchester, NY

This is a problem in a lot of MP games. Developers try to do too much with world building, too much clutter, high res textures, etc. to try to add a realistic and high end graphic touch. They try to make mulitplayer maps that look like they could be out of a single player game. In MP games, simple and clean is better.

SouthGeorge

May 2, 2018
I like how you went from "Apex Legends sucks, look at these problems that need to be fixed" to "PUBG is fine, if you don't figure out how to avoid the bugs, it's your fault."

There's nothing you can do to avoid network lag. Not driving full speed in the same put you fell thru the map before... It's annoying but if you lack common sense then idk.

Smoke

~consume enhance replicate~
Aug 2, 2005
PA

Only elite players who get 9 kills can avoid bugs.

ArGarBarGar

What do we want!? Unfair!
Sep 8, 2008
I am so bad at this game. Seems like everyone gets the jump on me and I can never connect my shots.

kingsholygrail

We've made progress - Robitaille
Sponsor
Dec 21, 2006
Derpifornia
Apparently they're suggesting rolling back invidia drivers if you're getting the random crashes. That's not a solution. They need to fix their shit. I play other games and I'm not rolling back drivers.

Reactions: Beau Knows

Beau Knows

Mar 4, 2013
Canada
Apparently they're suggesting rolling back invidia drivers if you're getting the random crashes. That's not a solution. They need to fix their ****. I play other games and I'm not rolling back drivers.

Not just an issue for Nvidia users anyways, it was happening to me on AMD and is still happening to my friend regardless of what drivers he used. I changed from fullscreen to borderless window and that seemed to fix my issues. They have to fix that and soon.

Reactions: kingsholygrail

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad