Apex Legends F2P BR on all platforms

Rodgerwilco

Entertainment boards w/ some Hockey mixed in.
Feb 6, 2014
I can't tell you how many times I have played Rocket League and accidentally "stolen" a goal (ball was already going in but I hit it because I was already committed or flying through the air at it.) and gotten hate messages. People do it to me and apologize profuselyand I just say "It's fine, the goal is to win. I don't care how we score."

It's not a regular occurrence or anything but it happens.
Yeah, I don't really get that mentality. My best friend who I play with all the time will complain sometimes about our other good friend "stealing kills" in Apex, he'll do it in a bit of a light-hearted way sometimes, but I can tell it bugs him lol. We're all on the same team, we're all trying to kill anyone we can, no one is intentionally stealing kills.

tmurfin

That’s the joke
May 8, 2010
I guess so. It’s ridiculous. Guess they’re just trying to kill people before they can get geared up and it’ll stack kills if they do it a lot.

I don’t get that.
Played with a dude last night who
1)complained we didn't hot drop, but followed along for about 30 seconds
2) tore his way to the hot zone solo
3) proceeded to complain about not finding enemies OR loot there, eventually got downed solo while we tried to catch up to him, cussed us out for 10 seconds saying "enjoy you're garbage loot!" before quitting out.

A real hero.

Reactions: Rodgerwilco

Frankie Spankie

Feb 22, 2009
Dorchester, MA
I wish there were some readily available gun stats in game to show damage outputs in a chart or something. I always go with a Peacekeeper up close (I'll settle for EVA-8 if I can't find a Peacekeeper) and either a Spitfire, Hemlok, or R-301 for mid-range. I'm going to start trying the R-99 in place of a shotgun since it does shred people up close and has some lee-way if you miss a couple shots. I'm just curious from a pure damage output, what would be the better option...

WeWantTacos

they said aw-reety an' they was aw-righty
Apr 6, 2012
Brett Hallway
Gotta love randos. I had a guy drop us into skull town late, he gets knocked almost immediately, then complains to us about not getting his banner right away. Meanwhile we're just trying to find a weapon/ammo and manage to kill 4 enemies before getting knocked.

He proceeds to tell us we're so Pejorative Slured we should delete the game. Also, he had a name like DallasStars9112 and rambled about their playoff push so he probably reads this thread.

Commander Clueless

Hiya, hiya. Pleased to meetcha.
Sep 10, 2008
A couple of nights ago, I thought I was finally getting better at this game, managing quite a few kills and even a couple wins.

I then proceeded to crash back to Earth and just fail across the board.

Now I can't even log in, thanks to the spinning white circle of doom......

By tomorrow night, I expect it will have uninstalled itself from my system. :laugh:

Last edited:

Rodgerwilco

Feb 6, 2014
A couple of nights ago, I thought I was finally getting better at this game, managing quite a few kills and even a couple wins.

I then proceeded to crash back to Earth and just fail across the board.

Now I can't even log in, thanks to the spinning white circle of doom......

By tomorrow night, I expect it will have uninstalled itself from my system. :laugh:
I've had similar experience with it. This game really seems to have an ebb and flow to it.

I'll have some stretches where I'll shred everyone every game for a while no matter what guns I find or what Legend I use. I'll rack up a bunch of wins and/or top 3's and start feeling pretty good.... Then the next day, I can't hit a Leviathan (those big water monster things) and I'm getting flanked at every turn, or just dying right off the drop.

Frankie Spankie

Feb 22, 2009
Dorchester, MA
It really depends on your teammates. I've played with some good players from the discord server and some bad ones. The bad ones might have good aim but don't understand how BR works and get themselves into bad situations and lose because of it. I just played with a random and we won like 5 out of 8 or 9 games. Skill is obviously really important but strategy is just as much.

KingBran

Three Eyed Raven
Apr 24, 2014
Rocket League can crash too. Unless the player goes to the menu and says "abandon match" they can re-connect / do not get punished. I have crashed out of games and was able to re-join no problem in Rocket League. I have also got frustrated and quit a match and wasn't able to play online for 5 minutes.

It's a great way of deterring people from quitting. You can also vote to forfit. If the other players on your team vote yes then no punishment and the match is over.
Annnd they're doing it. Accidentally released it in the newest patch, took it away and the fans say they want it back.

So look for a penalty for leaving early in a future update.

Nailed it!

Rodgerwilco

Feb 6, 2014
It really depends on your teammates. I've played with some good players from the discord server and some bad ones. The bad ones might have good aim but don't understand how BR works and get themselves into bad situations and lose because of it. I just played with a random and we won like 5 out of 8 or 9 games. Skill is obviously really important but strategy is just as much.
This is a perfect description of what happens with my regular crew of 2 other IRL friends I play with. I might say strategy is even MORE important than skill. My best friend and I play with a 3rd friend... My best friend and I are in lock-step the entire time, always communicating and getting into positions to survey the map and different areas before deciding if and when to engage, and HOW we plan to engage.

Our 3rd friend is a really great shooter and can win a shootout very easily with almost any gun, but he has no strategy... He wants to push on everyone immediately, and never stops to assess the situation before deciding when to jump in. He racks up tons of damage, but almost always drags us into getting ganked or 3rd teamed because he engages WAY too aggressively.

Reactions: HerpaDerp

Rodgerwilco

Feb 6, 2014
Well, data-miners continue to work on Apex Legends... there have been a few more leaks!!

Apex Legends Season 1 Leak:

So some players have noticed that their items have disappeared with the latest patch... Apparently Respawn accidentally put out some skins in lootboxes for a weapon that is not yet in the game and reset some accounts to remove those items. Respawn assured players that their accounts will be fully restored and many already have.

Apparently the light machine gun "L-Star" from the Titanfall series will be coming to Apex.
D3QXDvKWwAYQCtk.png

D3QXEk5WsAIjzqP.jpg

I am a little bit disappointed with this leak, to be honest with you, as there is already an energy LMG in the Devotion. Apparently from what I've read of Titanfall 2 (I've never played it), the L-STAR was originally sleighted as a Sub-Machine Gun, but was later re-classified as a Light-Machine-Gun.

From the visual looks of it, it appears more like a submachine gun to me and I'm hoping that it functions as an SMG. It would make more sense to me for the gun to be an SMG, as there is currently no SMG that uses Energy ammo, and without the Selectfire hop-up on the Prowler there is really only one useful SMG in the game right now, the R-99.

On top of that, apparently Respawn mistakenly added a "Leaver Penalty" to the game when it was meant to be added to only Dev servers.... Ooops....

D3Q7PRsXsAAw5LL.jpg

Rodgerwilco

Feb 6, 2014
Apex Legends Season 1 Leak cont. (WEAPONS):

Even more leaks have been found today! Apparently there are FIVE new weapons recently found in the code which may be coming to Apex in the future! :) Some odd finds here, considering that some of these weapons are used to fight Titans and, as we all know, there are no Titans in Apex. (Look out Leviathans!!!!!)

Here are 3D Renderings and my short descriptions of these weapons based on the Titanfall 2 Wiki as well as watching YouTube videos of the weapons in use.

EPG (Single Fire Launcher)

The EPG (Energy Propelled Grenade) appeared in Titanfall 2 and was incredibly deadly energy weapon, able to down enemies with a single shot. It shot a slow blue energy "grenade" at enemies.

Archer (Rocket Launcher)

Another Titanfall 2 Weapon, the Archer is an intriguing discovery. In Titanfall 2 it was actually an anti-Titan rocket launcher, so it will be interesting to see how it would be utilized without Titans...

ARL (Unknown, likely full-auto)

The ARL is an interesting weapon here, because it's the only weapon of the new 5 leaks which does not have a direct connection to Titanfall series. It would appear that it is some type of compact LMG.

Rodgerwilco

Feb 6, 2014
Apex Legends Season 1 Leaks cont. (WEAPONS):

Defender (Unknown, likely single-fire Rail Gun)

While the Defender doesn't have a name-sake connection to Titanfall 2, it looks almost exactly like the Charge Rifle in the game. The Charge Rifle was a rail-gun type of energy weapon which, as the name implies, needed to be charge before being fired. Maybe the Turbocharger can speed up this process, it would seem OP for it to eliminate the charge completely.

Softball (Semi-Automatic, Grenade Launcher)

An interesting find here, considering that the Softball would be the first actual Grenade-based launcher (not energy based). Not sure exactly what type of ammo this thing would use, maybe it could use straight up Frag Grenades.

Such an exciting leak here. As with any leak, these are surely not certain additions to the game, but it's still interesting nonetheless... I know many people (myself included) have been yearning for some new guns, so I'm looking forward to even a couple of these coming out!

CartographerNo611

Oct 11, 2014
Is it me or is Caustic extremely hard to play with when your mates are randoms? Cant be defensive and hunker down when most randoms rush the crap out of people these days. Im all for a 5 minute penalty for quitters unless they run out of time for banner recovery, heck make it 15 minutes.

Reactions: tmurfin

Goalie_Bob

1992 Vezina (2nd)
Dec 30, 2005
Pittsburgh
Totally agree on both your points.

The point is to win the game not to rush off and get kills. I can't tell you how many times I would have won games if the one douche on my squad didn't rush off and get himself killed.

Twice last night my buddy and I ended up as one of the last two squads without a third teammate because they rushed off by themselves or dropped away from us and in both cases then just quit the game as soon as they were downed. Both times we would have easily won if we had a third teammate.

tmurfin

That’s the joke
May 8, 2010

The point is to win the game not to rush off and get kills. I can't tell you how many times I would have won games if the one *****e on my squad didn't rush off and get himself killed.

Twice last night my buddy and I ended up as one of the last two squads without a third teammate because they rushed off by themselves or dropped away from us and in both cases then just quit the game as soon as they were downed. Both times we would have easily won if we had a third teammate.
Or, when you're hundreds of meters away and spot someone, and your teammate decides to shoot warning shots with his smg, not hit a thing, give away your position, and charge in a straight line at them. This has happened countless times. It's like these people go into a frenzy when they see someone.

KingBran

Three Eyed Raven
Apr 24, 2014

The point is to win the game not to rush off and get kills. I can't tell you how many times I would have won games if the one *****e on my squad didn't rush off and get himself killed.

Totally agree. With that, I have been part of squads where its two friends and THEY rush off. Im still looting somewhere, look up and they are two towns over and telling me not to go off on my own or quit lagging behind.

Sorry if I want something better than an EVA-8 and level 1 armor. Sheesh. I mean I get it people want to gogogogogogo but sometimes you gotta make sure your team is ready to go before you leave an area. JMHO.

KingBran

Three Eyed Raven
Apr 24, 2014
So after hundreds of games and a decent amount of wins and forcing myself to think "If I could only have one load-out that i would call my best / most favorite load-out what would it be?"

I have decided that Spitfire / Triple-Take is my favorite combo. I hate having to carry two ammo types but I never need more than 30ish ammo for the Triple-Take and can usually manage 20 unless I get into a sniper fight. But load me up on that heavy ammo and a fully stocked spitfire and GOOD DAY TO YOU SIR! :laugh:

tmurfin

That’s the joke
May 8, 2010
So after hundreds of games and a decent amount of wins and forcing myself to think "If I could only have one load-out that i would call my best / most favorite load-out what would it be?"

I have decided that Spitfire / Triple-Take is my favorite combo. I hate having to carry two ammo types but I never need more than 30ish ammo for the Triple-Take and can usually manage 20 unless I get into a sniper fight. But load me up on that heavy ammo and a fully stocked spitfire and GOOD DAY TO YOU SIR! :laugh:
I’ve become reeeeeal fond of the triple take lately. If you can hit your shots it shreds

Commander Clueless

Sep 10, 2008
That feeling when you land in a high traffic area next to a baddie, both open bins, and you come out with a helmet and a shield cell while they come out with a Wingman and body armour....

....three games in a row....:laugh:

Last edited:

KingBran

Three Eyed Raven
Apr 24, 2014
That feeling when you land in a high traffic area next to a baddie, both open bins, and you come out with a helmet and a shield cell while they come out with a Wingman and body armour....

....three games in a row....:laugh:
Oof!

Feels bad man.

I can't tell you how many times I land with a baddie in the same spot and they get the gun before me or we go in opposite directions and next thing I know I am getting shot in the back.

Commander Clueless

Sep 10, 2008
Oof!

Feels bad man.

I can't tell you how many times I land with a baddie in the same spot and they get the gun before me or we go in opposite directions and next thing I know I am getting shot in the back.

To be fair, even if the roles were reversed, there's still no guarantee I would come out on top. :laugh:

I'm really bad at the Wingman. I mean aiming. I mean video games in general.....actually I'm just gonna stop there.

KingBran

Three Eyed Raven
Apr 24, 2014
To be fair, even if the roles were reversed, there's still no guarantee I would come out on top. :laugh:

I'm really bad at the Wingman. I mean aiming. I mean video games in general.....actually I'm just gonna stop there.
:laugh:

Man I think I am pretty decent at AL but I absolutely suck with the Wingman. I see some people own with it I just can't do it.

Its like the Longbow. I can't hit anything with it but the Triple-Take is one of my best guns. Some things just don't make sense.

Rodgerwilco

Feb 6, 2014
:laugh:

Man I think I am pretty decent at AL but I absolutely suck with the Wingman. I see some people own with it I just can't do it.

Its like the Longbow. I can't hit anything with it but the Triple-Take is one of my best guns. Some things just don't make sense.
I'm not sure what system you play on, but it seems liek the Wingman really favors PC players. I don't know many people that use it consistently, but it seems like when I watch highlights of players using it, it's always on PC. I don't watch many streamers, but I saw Dizzy and his squad use it. If you have coordinated fire, it can be really deadly with those 45 body-shots.

I'm with you though, I can't freakin use that thing, I never even bother picking it up anymore unless it's the first thing I drop with.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad