Apex Legends F2P BR on all platforms

Frankie Spankie

Feb 22, 2009
Dorchester, MA
Yeah, literally the only cool looking thing is the Havoc skin at level 100, but the Havoc sucks so what's the point?

What's up with people who complain about not dropping immediately? I've had a couple randoms yell at me for wanting to drop late. It blows my mind that people get so mad about not hot dropping.

Commander Clueless

Hiya, hiya. Pleased to meetcha.
Sep 10, 2008
What's up with people who complain about not dropping immediately? I've had a couple randoms yell at me for wanting to drop late. It blows my mind that people get so mad about not hot dropping.

I can only surmise that some people really prefer the instant action.

Dropping at a far away high tier loot area seems to be the most tactical option.

KingBran

Three Eyed Raven
Apr 24, 2014
Bloodhound is a beast. Being able to see where everybody is in a battle or smoke is huge. I've had some of my best games with him. That is the one good thing about the battlepass it forced me to play other legends like Blood and Path when I never would have. I've thrown them into my main rotation. Gib and Caustic are still trash and I know everybody likes her but not a fan of Wraith. She's hard to hit but he really doesn't move or go that far in his 2nd ability. I usually kill the Wraiths. It's the Bangalores and Octanes that actually get away now.
Caustic is probably my main. Easily won the most with him. I am loving Octane though. Don't care for his ult but love the stim and non-combat healing.

KingBran

Three Eyed Raven
Apr 24, 2014
I was actually the same right before I started playing like an hour and a half ago. I got a Gibraltar win while I was AFK in the lobby and had Gibraltar auto-selected for me. Then I won my last game as Bloodhound for my first win. Now only heroes I don't have a win for are Mirage and Caustic and I don't have either unlocked. I don't really want to bother unlocking either one. I saw rumors that there could be 2 more characters released this season which leads me to believe they'll release one a month.
Nice! Well done!

I heard the same rumor. They have all but confirmed at least 1 more character but 2 would be fantastic.

chicagoskycam

Land of #1 Overall Picks
Nov 19, 2009
Fulton Market, Chicago
chicagoskycam.com
Yeah, literally the only cool looking thing is the Havoc skin at level 100, but the Havoc sucks so what's the point?

I like to hot drop but if you don't launch immediately then you should wait. 900 meters away is about right to make it and get there 1st.

The unlocks are horrible, I honestly have not played the game since the pass dropped as I was so disappointed. Went right back to Fortnite.

There should be some legendary or actual cool stuff you get for owning this battlepass, exclusive to this battlepass and so on. That's how you get people to keep buying them. There is nothing here worth spending money on.

Frankie Spankie

Feb 22, 2009
Dorchester, MA
It doesn't even matter when you drop. I tested it with a friend where he dropped ~800m away and I dropped from right above and went straight down. We both landed at the same time.

KingBran

Three Eyed Raven
Apr 24, 2014
I just need a win with Wraith but I dont like her
Wraith was the past one I got a win with. Had her, Blood and Gibby still to get a W from. I picked her because my battle pass page said i had played her the least for bonus XP. Took home the W. Got 3 kills too. I agree though, I dont like her.

KingBran

Three Eyed Raven
Apr 24, 2014
It doesn't even matter when you drop. I tested it with a friend where he dropped ~800m away and I dropped from right above and went straight down. We both landed at the same time.
Had a team and we decided to drop Airbase and this dude who was definitely and adult was yelling that we were over 1,000 meters away and that we would never make it. Told us how dumb we were.

We made it and we carried him to a W. He was so excited. And I told him to shut up and let the adults play next time. He laughed. It was fun banter by the end of it (because we won). If we lost I am sure he would have blamed it on the drop.

Rodgerwilco

Entertainment boards w/ some Hockey mixed in.
Feb 6, 2014
Had a team and we decided to drop Airbase and this dude who was definitely and adult was yelling that we were over 1,000 meters away and that we would never make it. Told us how dumb we were.

We made it and we carried him to a W. He was so excited. And I told him to shut up and let the adults play next time. He laughed. It was fun banter by the end of it (because we won). If we lost I am sure he would have blamed it on the drop.
For the 3rd or 4th time I was playing with a buddy w/ 1 random. They weren't the drop-master and pinged a very close location, when we pinged somewhere far away they split off solo, and then just quit altogether when they realized we weren't going where they wanted.

I don't understand people, man.

Reactions: HerpaDerp

KingBran

Three Eyed Raven
Apr 24, 2014
For the 3rd or 4th time I was playing with a buddy w/ 1 random. They weren't the drop-master and pinged a very close location, when we pinged somewhere far away they split off solo, and then just quit altogether when they realized we weren't going where they wanted.

I don't understand people, man.
Yes! Had this before too. Its like when someone named "WraithMaster420x69" doesn't get Wraith so they quit.

Rodgerwilco

Feb 6, 2014
Early Leaks for Season 1:

Some information has been data-mined on the new Legend, Wattson.

upload_2019-3-27_11-4-0.png

The above images are apparently early concept artwork for Wattson.

Apparently there is an easter egg in a newspaper within the scene that plays the first time you start up Apex Legends. She is reported as being named Natalie Paquette, and within the lore she is the daughter of an Electrical Engineer on the games.

The below image of her ability icons has been leaked as well:
upload_2019-3-27_11-4-19.png

Not much is known of her abilities right now, and it seems that anything pertaining to her passive and tactical ability is just random guesses. What is known is that her Ultimate is called Tesla Trap, but that's about it. I predict that this will be some type of Area of Effect ability which may reduce enemies' shields.

CartographerNo611

Oct 11, 2014
I just need a win with Wraith but I dont like her

Wraith has a small hit box so if you are always moving and dodging she kinda becomes OP. Your aiming abilities need to be on point though which is what made it really hard for me to play her at first. Playing as Mirage for whatever reason made me a lot better with Wraith. You develop very similar play styles with those 2.

SeidoN

#OGOC #2018 HFW Predictions Champ
Aug 8, 2012
AEF
Wraith has a small hit box so if you are always moving and dodging she kinda becomes OP. Your aiming abilities need to be on point though which is what made it really hard for me to play her at first. Playing as Mirage for whatever reason made me a lot better with Wraith. You develop very similar play styles with those 2.

I got my Wraith win shortly after posting that haha, but I doubt ill play her much again

Rodgerwilco

Feb 6, 2014
Ya know, I get that playing with randoms in any game is going to be tough, but playing with even one random in apex is to me 80% of the time.

I truly do not understand why anyone would abandon their team on the drop and solo-drop where they want to go while the team goes somewhere else.

The game is so team-based it just really blows my mind that this happens so regularly.

rangerssharks414

Mar 9, 2010
Long Island, NY
Ya know, I get that playing with randoms in any game is going to be tough, but playing with even one random in apex is to me 80% of the time.

I truly do not understand why anyone would abandon their team on the drop and solo-drop where they want to go while the team goes somewhere else.

The game is so team-based it just really blows my mind that this happens so regularly.

Some people probably play for stats (kills) and not wins.

Reactions: SouthGeorge

Rodgerwilco

Feb 6, 2014
Some people probably play for stats (kills) and not wins.
I guess so. It’s ridiculous. Guess they’re just trying to kill people before they can get geared up and it’ll stack kills if they do it a lot.

I don’t get that.

KingBran

Three Eyed Raven
Apr 24, 2014
This is true for way more than just Apex Legends...
I can't tell you how many times I have played Rocket League and accidentally "stolen" a goal (ball was already going in but I hit it because I was already committed or flying through the air at it.) and gotten hate messages. People do it to me and apologize profuselyand I just say "It's fine, the goal is to win. I don't care how we score."

It's not a regular occurrence or anything but it happens.

Reactions: Roman Fell

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad