OT: Anything Goes 39

Status
Not open for further replies.

DisgruntledHawkFan

Blackhawk Down
Jun 19, 2004
South Side
Last year, transitting through Europe, I saw a passenger with a really long case (I thought it was a musical instrument, but far too narrow and too tall to be a cello) waiting at baggage claim. So he must have carried it on somehow. My game-used hockey stick seems shorter than what he was carrying. Maybe he bought a ticket for his piece?
No idea what Europe does. My only experiences somewhat recent are domestic.

But you're only allowed so many ounces of f***ing bodywash here. A five foot hooked wooden club? I don't see it.

Panzerspitze

Mar 4, 2010
I can't imagine an airliner allowing a hockey stick as carry-on, in bag or not.

If they do though, take a tennis ball and when that seat belt light turns off, dangle the flight attendants, snipe and celly.

Reportedly some passengers just walk into the galley area, lay down the mat, and start doing yoga in-flight (pre-covid) in front of the flight attendants seated in their jumpseats, so one'd be surprised what one could get away with.

Last edited:

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland

What an awful day for Chicago Police

RIP to officer who lost her life

It was especially violent night as 45 people were shot (4 fatally including officer) from 7PM thru 4:30AM

Very violent weekend with another night left

Last edited:
Reactions: Mrfenn92

Panzerspitze

Mar 4, 2010
Thank you!!

Doh, that coupon has expired on 8/7. And it reads like Newegg might not have let one apply the coupon as a new newsletter subscription anyway.

I'd keep an eye on this page:
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/samsung...ith-v-nand-technology/6351457.p?skuId=6351457

Right now, it's listed at an improbable $59.99 but OOS. Last time I scored two of these 2TB Samsung QVO for $124 each (tax included). IIRC, it's usually around $161-179 pre-tax. One could get a decent tool-less portable USB3 enclosure on Amazon or ebay such as Sabrent for $10-15 (or even less with promo codes; set up a search subscription on slickdeals.net to keep track). This kind of DIY portable SSD could cost far less than ready-made external SSD, and you could get two, for not much more ($50-70) than getting a brand new one.

Reactions: CourtneyDagger50

chicagoskycam

Land of #1 Overall Picks
Nov 19, 2009
Fulton Market, Chicago
chicagoskycam.com

What an awful day for Chicago Police

RIP to officer who lost her life

It was especially violent night as 45 people were shot (4 fatally including officer) from 7PM thru 4:30AM

Very violent weekend with another night left

Yeah, there were sirens going off all over the place all weekend. I downloaded the citizen watch ap and for free you can see and receive alerts about crime around you. Rip to this officer, she was only 29 years old. The city is a bit out of control with no end in sight and if the cops got the better of these three, we would have protests. It's a no-win.

Reactions: ChiHawks10

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland

Every new bit of news on officer makes me even more sad while ever bit of news about her killer makes me more and more angry

She recorded herself on FB charging down hospital corridor , screaming and making scene before trying to force her way thru police , etc

#### her

Last edited:

ChiHawks10

Jul 7, 2009
Chicago 'Burbs

Every new bit of news on officer makes me even more sad while ever bit of news about her killer makes me more and more angry

She recorded herself on FB charging down hospital corridor , screaming and making scene before trying to force her way thru police , etc

#### her

Give that trash to the families of their victims to do with as they please. That's what I say.

Pez68

Mar 18, 2010
Chicago, IL
It's what happens when politicians and judges value the lives and rights of violent offenders as much as they do the society members they are afflicting. Dozens upon dozens of individuals arrested on weapons charges have effectively been given a "get out of jail free card" with the whole "affordable bail" movement. A substantial number of those individuals have later been arrested for violent crimes. Several of them, murder.

Mrfenn92

Proud to be American
Sponsor
Nov 27, 2018
Chicago,Illinois
It's what happens when politicians and judges value the lives and rights of violent offenders as much as they do the society members they are afflicting. Dozens upon dozens of individuals arrested on weapons charges have effectively been given a "get out of jail free card" with the whole "affordable bail" movement. A substantial number of those individuals have later been arrested for violent crimes. Several of them, murder.
Preach!

chicagoskycam

Land of #1 Overall Picks
Nov 19, 2009
Fulton Market, Chicago
chicagoskycam.com
Storms rolling in last night

Attachments

• upload_2021-8-11_10-48-12.jpeg
    upload_2021-8-11_10-48-12.jpeg
    343.9 KB · Views: 6

No Fun Shogun

34-38-61-10-13-15
May 1, 2011
Illinois
Chicago's population apparently increased by 50,000 this decade per the census.

I was thinking it felt a little crowded the last time I was up in the city from what I remembered when I first moved up there.

MileHighHawksFan

When the going gets tough, Hawks fly together!
Jan 16, 2012
Denver, CO
Went to my first heavy bass music (dubstep) show since the new years before lockdown… woooo boy what a f***in time. If anyone on here dabbles with that stuff check out Mersiv when he comes through, dude threw it doooown.

Reactions: Cowch

Putt Pirate

Dec 15, 2015
I am going to Rancid and Drop Kick Murphy’s in a couple months as my first concert since lockdown. Tool was my last show and I though….if that is the last show I see it was AWESOME !!!

Reactions: MileHighHawksFan
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad