OT: Anything Goes 39

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cullksinikers

Aug 20, 2009
'Merica
I got a 4-day pass to Lolla, and holy shit am I pumped to see Foo Fighters on Sunday. Anyone every seen Rock and Grohl live? Hoping they mix in one Nirvana song too just because.

TLEH

Pronounced T-Lay
Feb 28, 2015
Bomoseen, Vermont
Running a competitive fantasy football league for 50 dollar buy in. PPR (Draft Kings rules). Let me know if anyone is in.

jaysoneil

Feb 22, 2013
IL
Okay i will let you know shortly.

Its on ESPN, just using the rules that DK uses for fantasy, like PPR, 100+ yard receiving and rushing bonus, 300+ passing yard bonus, etc.
If you reach 11 and need one more to even it up at 12, shoot me a PM with details, I'll put together a roster and play.

Panzerspitze

Mar 4, 2010
Would it be more economial shipping a hockey stick internationally via one of the big commercial carriers, or paying for bringing it onboard a commercial airliner (whether as checked or carry-on luggage)?

hawksrule

Lot of brains but no polish
May 18, 2014
Would it be more economial shipping a hockey stick internationally via one of the big commercial carriers, or paying for bringing it onboard a commercial airliner (whether as checked or carry-on luggage)?

Probably depends where you’re sending it. But most likely checking/carrying it on will be cheaper.

jaysoneil

Feb 22, 2013
IL
I can't imagine an airliner allowing a hockey stick as carry-on, in bag or not.

If they do though, take a tennis ball and when that seat belt light turns off, dangle the flight attendants, snipe and celly.

Reactions: Styles

CourtneyDagger50

Resident Pig Expert
Jan 11, 2014
Rockford
I had an application I couldn’t get to work for work on Chrome and switched the FF. Maybe it was just the breath of fresh air, not sure, but it seemed to be much easier and more enjoyable to use. For work, at least.

I switch back and forth. I use Chrome as my main browser.
I use Firefox for all From Center Ice stuff.

Though, I'm really not on my computer a lot other than hockey stuff. But I use HF on Chrome lol

CourtneyDagger50

Resident Pig Expert
Jan 11, 2014
Rockford
Anyone use a solid state external hard drive?

I've been wanting one, but reviews can be so mixed. Any you'd recommend?

Or also any non solid state, too, I guess. I have a couple WD's

Panzerspitze

Mar 4, 2010
Checked luggage. I can't imagine they'd let you carry on.

Last year, transitting through Europe, I saw a passenger with a really long case (I thought it was a musical instrument, but far too narrow and too tall to be a cello) waiting at baggage claim. So he must have carried it on somehow. My game-used hockey stick seems shorter than what he was carrying. Maybe he bought a ticket for his piece?

Panzerspitze

Mar 4, 2010
Anyone use a solid state external hard drive?

I've been wanting one, but reviews can be so mixed. Any you'd recommend?

Or also any non solid state, too, I guess. I have a couple WD's

The WD portable USB drives all have soldered hard disks to the circuit-board internally, instead of the industry-standard IDE/SATA connector. If the circuit board ever goes bad (like one of my 4TB WD Passport), the drive is pretty much unrecoverable, or would be hugely expensive to do so, because it'd require getting a board from the same batch.

Reactions: CourtneyDagger50
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad