OT: Anything Goes 39

Status
Not open for further replies.

deytookerjaabs

Johnny Paycheck's Tank Advisor
Sep 26, 2010
Eastern Shore
Training people for the next few weeks in Memphis starting Monday. Know we have some southeners on this board, anything I should make a point of seeing/doing?

I love Memphis. But, it takes a certain type.

If you dig dingy old dive bars with a former bordello upstairs, few repairs ever made, no building codes, with low key live rock/blues and a grill check out Ernestine & Hazels. Beale st has some cool stuff and a few great R&B/Jazz/Soul musicians on any given night. King's Palace is cool over there, the soda shop is neat, you can walk down to the river too (it will probably be hot as **** this week), lots of little things here and there.

There's also the Stax records muesum, the MLK tribute area (hotel where he was assassinated), my relative's only spot they'll visit is the Bass Pro shops, "The Second Line" on cooper st has decent cajun food, no shortage of BBQ spots, there's the Peabody (I think) hotel where they do a duck walk (I know, odd, but people love it), a lot of the buildings downtown have a real cool history but they're all either Thai joints or something else now, no shortage of typical brew pub type spots.

Cullksinikers

Aug 20, 2009
'Merica
Absolutely love Nashville. Just booked a trip there for next month. Nothing better than dealing with a handful of buddies who can't make up their damn minds. I can only do three or four days there because I always end up flooring it.

I also just booked a heck of a week. Driving to Lexington, Kentucky to begin a crammed week and flying the remaining legs. I'll be at the following games:

Oct. 9: LSU @ Kentucky (CFB)
Oct. 10: Packers @ Bengals
Oct. 13: Blackhawks @ Avalanche season opener
Oct. 16: TCU @ Oklahoma (CFB) - party bus from OKC to Norman before game too

I've been to Denver before, but I've never been to Lexington, Cincinnati, OKC, or Norman. If anyone has recommendations for those towns, please let me know. My UK alumni and Cincy buddies are going to force me to try that diarrhea plate they call "Skyline Chili" which I can finally confirm my suspicions that it tastes as bad as it looks. :laugh:

Clownish

Jan 1, 2014
Absolutely love Nashville. Just booked a trip there for next month. Nothing better than dealing with a handful of buddies who can't make up their damn minds. I can only do three or four days there because I always end up flooring it.

I also just booked a heck of a week. Driving to Lexington, Kentucky to begin a crammed week and flying the remaining legs. I'll be at the following games:

I've been to Denver before, but I've never been to Lexington, Cincinnati, OKC, or Norman. If anyone has recommendations for those towns, please let me know. My UK alumni and Cincy buddies are going to force me to try that diarrhea plate they call "Skyline Chili" which I can finally confirm my suspicions that it tastes as bad as it looks. :laugh:

They aren't having you do the local taste test of Skyline versus Gold Star? I've never had Gold Star, but that debate is like Philly's "Pat versus Geno's cheesteak" debate. Hope you like nutmeg (or whatever the sweet spice they add to Skyline chili is).

RayP

Tf
Jan 12, 2011

Are you staying in OKC or Norman?

And where in Lexington?

BK

"Goalie Apologist"
Feb 8, 2011
Minneapolis, MN
They aren't having you do the local taste test of Skyline versus Gold Star? I've never had Gold Star, but that debate is like Philly's "Pat versus Geno's cheesteak" debate. Hope you like nutmeg (or whatever the sweet spice they add to Skyline chili is).

I've heard it is chocolate. Skyline is better btw.

Say Hey Kid

Under the Sign of the Black Mark
Dec 10, 2007
Bathory
upload_2021-7-27_7-57-21.jpeg

I love this pic.​

Cullksinikers

Aug 20, 2009
'Merica

I am unfamiliar with Gold Star. Interesting. All they've ever talked about is Skyline. I'll bring it up, but I'm not sure if I want two of my meals in my short stay to be that style of food, but I'd be curious if they've been craving a worse version.

Are you staying in OKC or Norman?

And where in Lexington?

I am taking a party bus from OKC to Norman and probably taking the bus back to OKC. Lexington I would most likely stay off campus with friends of friends, but I'd be spending 95% of the day on campus bouncing around. One of my best friends in Chicago grew up there so I'm just following along.

x Tame Impala

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 24, 2011
Is it at all possible to pack a suit or two on a flight and not have it be wrinkled? Flying out for a wedding this fall and have been wondering how I’m going to pull off traveling with suits

hawksrule

Lot of brains but no polish
May 18, 2014
Is it at all possible to pack a suit or two on a flight and not have it be wrinkled? Flying out for a wedding this fall and have been wondering how I’m going to pull off traveling with suits

Use a hanging garment bag and nicely ask the flight attendant if you can hang it in a closet up front.

RayP

Tf
Jan 12, 2011
Well we just booked an Airbnb for about a month just outside the Ozarks - in Bentonville to be exact.

It’ll be our first time there so if anyone has any suggestions I’m all ears. Suppose to be some pretty great mountain biking out there so taking the mountain and gravel bikes and going to make that our base for a bit.

madgoat33

May 16, 2010
I think i may be done with google chrome. Every other month they try to force tab groups down my throat and i have a sneaking suspicion eventually i wont be able to disable them. I find them irritating and absolutely horrible on mobile. Tried brave browser and its all right, hows firefox these days?

RayP

Tf
Jan 12, 2011
I think i may be done with google chrome. Every other month they try to force tab groups down my throat and i have a sneaking suspicion eventually i wont be able to disable them. I find them irritating and absolutely horrible on mobile. Tried brave browser and its all right, hows firefox these days?

I had an application I couldn’t get to work for work on Chrome and switched the FF. Maybe it was just the breath of fresh air, not sure, but it seemed to be much easier and more enjoyable to use. For work, at least.

x Tame Impala

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 24, 2011

Firefox all the way. Less bullshit and not much of a functionality step down from Chrome.

Also, you may think I need to get my head examined after saying this but…Microsoft Edge. It’s actually really nice.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->