OT: Anything Goes 35 - Tony O Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

OhCaptainMyCaptain

May 5, 2014
Earth
My buddy is in the running for a job, and he put me down as a reference. I got a call this afternoon but was unable to answer at that time. I'm assuming I'll get a call back either this afternoon again or tomorrow.

Anyway, this is my first time being a reference. Does anyone have experience with that, and any idea what kind of questions to expect?

ChiHawks10

Jul 7, 2009
Chicago 'Burbs
My buddy is in the running for a job, and he put me down as a reference. I got a call this afternoon but was unable to answer at that time. I'm assuming I'll get a call back either this afternoon again or tomorrow.

Anyway, this is my first time being a reference. Does anyone have experience with that, and any idea what kind of questions to expect?

To your assumption, they usually don't call back unless they have to. More likely, they move on to other references, and get what they need from them. Did they leave a voicemail?

General stuff about the person, their personality, relationship, age of relationship, etc. Nothing crazy, from my experience.

RayP

Tf
Jan 12, 2011
So we moved last weekend. To a really, really nice brand new apartment. Only 20-30 people living there currently in a massive building.

The day we moved in as any normal person would, I would open the door with boxes and let the door naturally shut.

10pm on a Saturday night (we moved in on a Friday morning) our neighbor knocks on our door to tell me I’m shutting our door too loudly and it’s making her dog bark and to stop.

I haven’t seen her since then, not in the hallways or anywhere. Today she knocks on the door to tell my wife that I can lock my bikes up outside or in the stairwell, and that she checked if there are any available storage units for us. She then gave my wife a package of ground beef as a peace offering.

hawksrule

Lot of brains but no polish
May 18, 2014
Mrs. Hawksrule bought cotton candy grapes. They actually taste like cotton candy. What will they think of next.

CourtneyDagger50

Resident Pig Expert
Jan 11, 2014
Rockford
So we moved last weekend. To a really, really nice brand new apartment. Only 20-30 people living there currently in a massive building.

The day we moved in as any normal person would, I would open the door with boxes and let the door naturally shut.

10pm on a Saturday night (we moved in on a Friday morning) our neighbor knocks on our door to tell me I’m shutting our door too loudly and it’s making her dog bark and to stop.

I haven’t seen her since then, not in the hallways or anywhere. Today she knocks on the door to tell my wife that I can lock my bikes up outside or in the stairwell, and that she checked if there are any available storage units for us. She then gave my wife a package of ground beef as a peace offering.

Maybe it's ground human from the last person that made her dog bark

DisgruntledHawkFan

Blackhawk Down
Jun 19, 2004
South Side

Ground beef is the best part of this story. People are f***ing whacked.

OhCaptainMyCaptain

May 5, 2014
Earth
To your assumption, they usually don't call back unless they have to. More likely, they move on to other references, and get what they need from them. Did they leave a voicemail?

General stuff about the person, their personality, relationship, age of relationship, etc. Nothing crazy, from my experience.

I did get a call back. Pretty normal stuff.

b1e9a8r5s

Feb 16, 2015
Chicago, IL

Toews2Bickell

It's Showtime
Nov 24, 2013

Seems like the obvious thing to do is return the favor with a case of red dogs....after you throw the ground beef in the trash

No Fun Shogun

34-38-61-10-13-15
May 1, 2011
Illinois
Only just recently realized that I haven't gotten my eyes checked in at least six years. And I only realized it due to my right eye suddenly having more blurred vision while driving.

That ain't good...

And my wife is somewhat concerned as she's only ever known me with this pair of glasses.

Last edited:

hawksrule

Lot of brains but no polish
May 18, 2014
Only just recently realized that I haven't gotten my eyes checked in at least six years. And I only realized it due to my right eye suddenly having more blurred vision while driving.

That ain't good...

And my wife is somewhat concerned as she's only ever known me with this pair of glasses.

It could just be you need a new prescription, but sudden blurry vision could mean other things as well. You should definitely get it checked out.

BK

"Goalie Apologist"
Feb 8, 2011
Minneapolis, MN
A350 is such an amazing plane, by far my favorite. A350 > 787.

Just need to fly on a A380 and 747 before they are done.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 5
    Staked: $2,752.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Metz vs Lille
    Metz vs Lille