OT: Anything Goes 35 - Tony O Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

DisgruntledHawkFan

Blackhawk Down
Jun 19, 2004
South Side
I spent f***ing hours building an amortization table from scratch in advanced micro applications when I was in school and as a result resent excel with every fiber of my being.

Reactions: BK

b1e9a8r5s

Feb 16, 2015
Chicago, IL
Watched El Camino

I both enjoyed it and found it to be a little safe and fan servicey, with all the flashbacks. It was well done and I enjoyed it, but I found myself thinking that the story didn't really need to be told, if that makes sense.

Reactions: ChiHawks10

DisgruntledHawkFan

Blackhawk Down
Jun 19, 2004
South Side
Watched El Camino

I both enjoyed it and found it to be a little safe and fan servicey, with all the flashbacks. It was well done and I enjoyed it, but I found myself thinking that the story didn't really need to be told, if that makes sense.
You used spoiler tags and spoiled absolutely nothing.

hawksfan50

Feb 27, 2002
The SNL "Grouch" parody of Jaquin Phoenox film"Joker" using Oscar the Grouch from Seaame Street as the inspiration is brilliantcNd funny because it is hinting at how the "Joker" movie took itself so seriously as to ask the critics and public to brand it as a great artistic effort when in fact it ralky was pannedxas "Trash" by so may critics who saw through its pretension hype.. THUS THE SNL parody is better than the Joker film...it is great art...and worthy of a real OSCAR (for short film) as it was spot on in its parady of Hollywod shtick trying to peddle a thespian concept of "serious' dramatic value when in fact Joker was film Trash ...get the Jokeand double entendres goi g on here?

Whoever said SNL was not funny anymore is correct when they merely dod the NBC mean slightsat Potus Trump which had no humourxatxall...just the usual lefty smear jobs libs...But SNL finally get a home run on any humour scale for its Brilkiant putdown of the Joker film by re-inventing itcas the Groucj (Oscar the Groucj of Sesame Street Originn Story and how people treated him like Trash so he loves Trash and became a Grouch in life)....

Kudos to SNL for finally returning to honesty in its parody and finding it indeed can produce top notch honour again...hopefully this continues and SNL finds it's way back all the way to must watch tv again..beena ling tone coming.

No Fun Shogun

34-38-61-10-13-15
May 1, 2011
Illinois
Cars are the kind of thing that I can certainly appreciate, and I turn my head to gawk at some cars as they pass by, but even if I won mega millions at most I'd probably just get a nice luxury car for the comfort factor and that's really it. High end performance cars are neat but don't really do a lot for me personally.

And Breaking Bad was something that missed me. I watched a marathon of season one in one sitting and loved it, but following it episodically I stopped caring about midway through season two and never came back to marathon it.

b1e9a8r5s

Feb 16, 2015
Chicago, IL
Cars are the kind of thing that I can certainly appreciate, and I turn my head to gawk at some cars as they pass by, but even if I won mega millions at most I'd probably just get a nice luxury car for the comfort factor and that's really it. High end performance cars are neat but don't really do a lot for me personally.

And Breaking Bad was something that missed me. I watched a marathon of season one in one sitting and loved it, but following it episodically I stopped caring about midway through season two and never came back to marathon it.
Cars are something I never got into. I wish I had a better understanding of them as I feel like a sucker whenever I get work done. "Oh a Johnson Rod, of course."

Id recommend continuing BB.

Reactions: OhCaptainMyCaptain

b1e9a8r5s

Feb 16, 2015
Chicago, IL
Watched the first season of BB. Thought it was absolutely terrible.
giphy.webp

ChiHawks10

Jul 7, 2009
Chicago 'Burbs
Know what I really despise? When some DB gets a minor promotion, and then thinks he's God's gift to the company, and all the sudden his entire personality changes, and not for the better.

Got this guy who went from average company peon, to very, very minor manager. He's not my boss, and has nothing to do with me, but seems to think he swings some kind of power over my head due to the new title, now. Requesting all kinds of odd shit, not doing things he's supposed to, etc. Just one example... his laptop was supposed to be upgraded to Windows 10 four months ago... and they were supposed to do a self-upgrade based upon a guide we gave them, along with the files required to do the upgrade. A monkey could do it using the guide I built out, one the entire company used to do their upgrades.

I just found out he never did the upgrade, despite being emailed about it numerous times, and just came to me with issues related to the fact that his machine was still on Windows 7, because we turned things off for Windows 7, thinking everyone was upgraded. Then he does it, and comes to me with more issues, because he hasn't followed the easy-to-follow guide that 100% guarantees you will not have any issues...

:shakehead

BK

"Goalie Apologist"
Feb 8, 2011
Minneapolis, MN
Know what I really despise? When some DB gets a minor promotion, and then thinks he's God's gift to the company, and all the sudden his entire personality changes, and not for the better.

Got this guy who went from average company peon, to very, very minor manager. He's not my boss, and has nothing to do with me, but seems to think he swings some kind of power over my head due to the new title, now. Requesting all kinds of odd ****, not doing things he's supposed to, etc. Just one example... his laptop was supposed to be upgraded to Windows 10 four months ago... and they were supposed to do a self-upgrade based upon a guide we gave them, along with the files required to do the upgrade. A monkey could do it using the guide I built out, one the entire company used to do their upgrades.

I just found out he never did the upgrade, despite being emailed about it numerous times, and just came to me with issues related to the fact that his machine was still on Windows 7, because we turned things off for Windows 7, thinking everyone was upgraded. Then he does it, and comes to me with more issues, because he hasn't followed the easy-to-follow guide that 100% guarantees you will not have any issues...

:shakehead

LOL they are the worst...almost. The worst are the new “at my old company we did this” person.

ChiHawks10

Jul 7, 2009
Chicago 'Burbs
LOL they are the worst...almost. The worst are the new “at my old company we did this” person.

I mean, these people had from March 15th - July 30th to do their Windows 10 upgrade. Everyone could do it, except this guy, for some reason? Something that takes an hour to do sitting at your house on the weekend? :facepalm: You had 3 1/2 months to do it, and you just couldn't find the time, or what?

And that's always another one I dislike.

Guess what, assknob, I don't give a rat's ass what you did at your old company. You're not at your old company. If you liked what you could do at your old company so much, why the hell are you with our company? :laugh:

BK

"Goalie Apologist"
Feb 8, 2011
Minneapolis, MN
I mean, these people had from March 15th - July 30th to do their Windows 10 upgrade. Everyone could do it, except this guy, for some reason? Something that takes an hour to do sitting at your house on the weekend? :facepalm: You had 3 1/2 months to do it, and you just couldn't find the time, or what?

And that's always another one I dislike.

Guess what, assknob, I don't give a rat's ass what you did at your old company. You're not at your old company. If you liked what you could do at your old company so much, why the hell are you with our company? :laugh:

Might be time for “4th reminder” email that just happens to include his boss.

Reactions: ChiHawks10

RayP

Tf
Jan 12, 2011

Our controller is like that. It’s brutal.

Dude, that company hasn’t improved their revenue in years and we doubled ours 3 straight years.... I don’t care how things were doing at your prior flat lining company.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad