OT: Anything Goes 35 - Tony O Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

hawksrule

Lot of brains but no polish
May 18, 2014
*Lender sends 22 separate PDFs in a single email for a closing*

Me: Is there any way to send as fewer PDFs to reduce the chance of anybody missing a document to print?

*Lender sends 22 separate emails with an individual PDF each*

And they come away thinking that you're super high maintenance.

ChiHawks10

Jul 7, 2009
Chicago 'Burbs
*Lender sends 22 separate PDFs in a single email for a closing*

Me: Is there any way to send as fewer PDFs to reduce the chance of anybody missing a document to print?

*Lender sends 22 separate emails with an individual PDF each*

Apparently no one at that lender knows how to merge PDFs into a single one? :laugh:

plasmonresonance

Jul 28, 2015
Or simply use FedEx overnight service.
Whenever anybody asks me do I want it emailed or snail mail, I tell them I want hard copy.

DisgruntledHawkFan

Blackhawk Down
Jun 19, 2004
South Side
Why in the world would you prefer a hard copy?
Depends on where you work. The railroad uses a shitty intranet so I keep all my track check papers for a month in case they come back a week later and try and ding me for shit. What’s much scarier is I had a police buddy’s report changed in the system by a superior but he was smart enough to keep a hard copy of his report so he didn’t get hit for another officers stupidity.

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
I don't know if any of you are WWE fans and video game fans looking to get new WWE game but you should avoid it as they released a game apparently filled with bugs and unplayable for many while also stiffing people who bough expensive special edition of game that was supposed to have autograph included (Players received no autographs)

Reactions: Sir Loin

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland

LOL release is as big PR disaster at this point it seems

Nice of him to do that for fans even though he had nothing to do with disaster and missing autographs

plasmonresonance

Jul 28, 2015
Why in the world would you prefer a hard copy?
Much, much easier for me to read for a variety of reasons. I've never been comfortable reading electronic documents. Although I'd be fine if they could send stock prospectuses electronically cause I don't read those anyway. Apparently there is some SEC(???) law requiring them to send hard copies, at least that's what they told me when I asked them to stop.

Reactions: RayP

BK

"Goalie Apologist"
Feb 8, 2011
Minneapolis, MN
Much, much easier for me to read for a variety of reasons. I've never been comfortable reading electronic documents. Although I'd be fine if they could send stock prospectuses electronically cause I don't read those anyway. Apparently there is some SEC(???) law requiring them to send hard copies, at least that's what they told me when I asked them to stop.

Have you tried a Kindle Paperwhite? It has been a game changer for me.

No Fun Shogun

34-38-61-10-13-15
May 1, 2011
Illinois
Uh-oh... the annual start to the Xmas season has arrived...

a5kxlne57ju31.png

plasmonresonance

Jul 28, 2015
Have you tried a Kindle Paperwhite? It has been a game changer for me.
No, haven't tried any other electronic versions. I like hard copy so that I can easily flip back-n-forth between pages, makes notes in the margins, highlight text, pick it up and take take it anywhere, etc. I often edited technical documents (including graphs) for others before they went to publication and it was just much easier with the hard copy. Old school.

No Fun Shogun

34-38-61-10-13-15
May 1, 2011
Illinois
First world problems, do I jump on the newest Hardcore History podcast for four hours of gold or do I save that for later and stick with my massive backlog of History of England podcast (which I am 221 episodes behind on, easily 110+ hours of entertainment)....

Decisions, decisions.

Sir Loin

Apr 19, 2014
Chicago
I don't know if any of you are WWE fans and video game fans looking to get new WWE game but you should avoid it as they released a game apparently filled with bugs and unplayable for many while also stiffing people who bough expensive special edition of game that was supposed to have autograph included (Players received no autographs)

Wow.

Just busted out the N64, I'll stick with the AKI/Jakks games.

hawksfan50

Feb 27, 2002
So there is a 69 yr old guy in The Netherlands who has petitioned a Dutch Court to lower his official age by 20 years on all his lehal records and documents of identification so that he has a better chance to get dates on dating websites!

I do not think the Court will grant his petition ...but maybe if he agrees to stop collecting his pension...and of course no Senyor's discounts...And he will have to now-retired and go back to work and re-contribute to his pension plan which he will not be able to collect for 11-15 more years (depending on whether the age of his next retire ent is his new 60 or 65 or perhaps even longer if the rules allow it there

Thus means he could be dead before he collects anything.

Shoukd he not instead advertise on the sites that he can still "perform"..uses the little blue pill...and is a great catch for some 30s ir 40s females looking for a big inheritance probably within probably just 15-20 years at most whike hecwines and dines them on travel together,cruises and hot adventures?
If he is dirt poir and cannot afford such enticements then maybe his faking his ?
his age is a last resort

IU Hawks fan

They call me IU
Dec 30, 2008
NW Burbs
Yeah, we like it a lot. I compared all the different options when we got it last summer it seemed to be the best available, when looking at the overall value of the offering and the reliability.

Reactions: RayP
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad