OT: Anything Goes 35 - Tony O Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

hawksfan50

Feb 27, 2002
Well.. I guess we now are officially intge dog days of summer...so so Hot and Hawks Develionent Camp over.. so these birds now likely to have even more posts on a potpourri of Anything Goes for interesting non-hockey topics..

I will chine in for today with a R.I.P. for DIKSHIT...now before the Mods ban me...it really did happen that 81 yr old SHEILA DIKSHIT the longtime Chief Minister for Delhi in Indian Politics died today ...

I guess DIKSHIT is a respected Indian surname....Googling that name we also find a guy named Cheta Dikshit ...imagine that guy trying to make an international business deal and the American (or other English speaking country) Secretary has to tell her boss who is calling for the first time without knowing who he is.?

But I am sure there must even be funnier names (to English speakers) outvtherexaccross different cultures. BUT if anyone is a relative of the Dikshit family and uses that surname in the U.S.A or Canada Nd puts their son into a major North American sport and that son foes on to become pro one day in the Show in that sport. Well that would be hard on play by play guys not to crack up.

Imagine if Foley called his play ..."Kane to Dikshit...he scores! HAWKS Win!"

1st star: "Cheater" Dikshit...

Just imagine if such a thing ever happened.. strange but real ..it could happen one day.

Not likely though...because the poor kid probably got taunted in school and quit team sports despite the efforts of the politically correct police

Anyway...justcanother dog days of summer musing.

hawksrule

Lot of brains but no polish
May 18, 2014
Well.. I guess we now are officially intge dog days of summer...so so Hot and Hawks Develionent Camp over.. so these birds now likely to have even more posts on a potpourri of Anything Goes for interesting non-hockey topics..

I will chine in for today with a R.I.P. for DIK****...now before the Mods ban me...it really did happen that 81 yr old SHEILA DIK**** the longtime Chief Minister for Delhi in Indian Politics died today ...

I guess DIK**** is a respected Indian surname....Googling that name we also find a guy named Cheta Dik**** ...imagine that guy trying to make an international business deal and the American (or other English speaking country) Secretary has to tell her boss who is calling for the first time without knowing who he is.?

But I am sure there must even be funnier names (to English speakers) outvtherexaccross different cultures. BUT if anyone is a relative of the Dik**** family and uses that surname in the U.S.A or Canada Nd puts their son into a major North American sport and that son foes on to become pro one day in the Show in that sport. Well that would be hard on play by play guys not to crack up.

Imagine if Foley called his play ..."Kane to Dik****...he scores! HAWKS Win!"

1st star: "Cheater" Dik****...

Just imagine if such a thing ever happened.. strange but real ..it could happen one day.

Not likely though...because the poor kid probably got taunted in school and quit team sports despite the efforts of the politically correct police

It’s pronounced Dixit.

RayP

Tf
Jan 12, 2011
I was going to complain about our heat here today but then.... well, yeah.

Sorry guys. Your weather looks absolutely disgusting.

Styles

No Light, No Signal
Apr 6, 2017

I will chine in for today with a R.I.P. for DIK****...now before the Mods ban me...it really did happen that 81 yr old SHEILA DIK**** the longtime Chief Minister for Delhi in Indian Politics died today ...

I guess DIK**** is a respected Indian surname....Googling that name we also find a guy named Cheta Dik**** ...imagine that guy trying to make an international business deal and the American (or other English speaking country) Secretary has to tell her boss who is calling for the first time without knowing who he is.?

But I am sure there must even be funnier names (to English speakers) outvtherexaccross different cultures. BUT if anyone is a relative of the Dik**** family and uses that surname in the U.S.A or Canada Nd puts their son into a major North American sport and that son foes on to become pro one day in the Show in that sport. Well that would be hard on play by play guys not to crack up.

Imagine if Foley called his play ..."Kane to Dik****...he scores! HAWKS Win!"

1st star: "Cheater" Dik****...

Truly anything goes. Lol

Any Colour You Like

Regular bean eater
Nov 13, 2011
Boston U
I was going to complain about our heat here today but then.... well, yeah.

Sorry guys. Your weather looks absolutely disgusting.
The past two days have been brutal. It rained just enough near me to cool off the ground, but the rainwater is literally steaming on the streets. :laugh:

RayP

Tf
Jan 12, 2011
The past two days have been brutal. It rained just enough near me to cool off the ground, but the rainwater is literally steaming on the streets. :laugh:

That use to happen daily in the summer in Atlanta with pop up evening thunderstorms.

It was awful.

RayP

Tf
Jan 12, 2011
100 degrees on the dot in the city today, scorching hot downtown... but a 30-45 minute drive away and up into the mountains it's only 75-80 depending where you're at.

God damn do I love that I can do that.

BK

"Goalie Apologist"
Feb 8, 2011
Minneapolis, MN
The weather is beautiful today at least. Satan finally left the Midwest.

Weather was rough last week. I golfed last Thursday and actually had to change golf shirts at the turn and ended up wearing rain gloves (both hands) so I could hold on to the club. It was gross.

RayP

Tf
Jan 12, 2011
Weather was rough last week. I golfed last Thursday and actually had to change golf shirts at the turn and ended up wearing rain gloves (both hands) so I could hold on to the club. It was gross.

At that point is it even fun to golf?

Reactions: ChiHawks10

hawksrule

Lot of brains but no polish
May 18, 2014

A while back I briefly lived in Florida, and in the summer afternoons I would go out because it was boiling and the courses were empty. I could take all the time I wanted, drop as many as I wanted. It was great practice, much better than the range.

BK

"Goalie Apologist"
Feb 8, 2011
Minneapolis, MN
A while back I briefly lived in Florida, and in the summer afternoons I would go out because it was boiling and the courses were empty. I could take all the time I wanted, drop as many as I wanted. It was great practice, much better than the range.

Yeah the course was not crowded.

RayP

Tf
Jan 12, 2011
If you turned your two weeks in and you had a sick day that isn’t going to be paid out, would you use it?

I really don’t have all that much left to do here at this point, or to train others on.... but I still feel guilty.

Vacation time gets paid out, so not worried about burning through that before leaving.

ChiHawks10

Jul 7, 2009
Chicago 'Burbs
If you turned your two weeks in and you had a sick day that isn’t going to be paid out, would you use it?

I really don’t have all that much left to do here at this point, or to train others on.... but I still feel guilty.

Vacation time gets paid out, so not worried about burning through that before leaving.

Yes. I'd use every single one of them, especially if the company sucked ass, and you won't need a reference from there.

RayP

Tf
Jan 12, 2011
Yes. I'd use every single one of them, especially if the company sucked ass, and you won't need a reference from there.

I could still even get a reference from here.... still feel kind of guilty for some reason, even though I hate this place.

ChiHawks10

Jul 7, 2009
Chicago 'Burbs
I could still even get a reference from here.... still feel kind of guilty for some reason, even though I hate this place.

I wouldn't, but that's just me. My last company... I hated it. They sucked real bad. Kept screwing me over for promotions with people that weren't even with the company as long as I was, just because I wasn't a kiss-ass. When I got my current gig, I didn't need a reference from there(but could have from personal contacts who I got along with), so I put in my two weeks on a Monday, and proceeded to call in sick 4 of the next 5 days. On Friday when I called in sick they said to come in and do my exit interview and they'd send me on my way, rather than have me calling in sick again. I had used 4 of my 5 remaining sick days. :laugh:

RayP

Tf
Jan 12, 2011
I wouldn't, but that's just me. My last company... I hated it. They sucked real bad. Kept screwing me over for promotions with people that weren't even with the company as long as I was, just because I wasn't a kiss-ass. When I got my current gig, I didn't need a reference from there(but could have from personal contacts who I got along with), so I put in my two weeks on a Monday, and proceeded to call in sick 4 of the next 5 days. On Friday when I called in sick they said to come in and do my exit interview and they'd send me on my way, rather than have me calling in sick again. I had used 4 of my 5 remaining sick days. :laugh:

Oh trust me I’m not using this place for a reference unless for some bizarre reason one is absolutely demanded. So far they haven’t even asked for references and only asked to do a basic background check.

Reactions: ChiHawks10
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad