OT: Anything Goes 33: What'cha Drinking?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ChiHawks10

Jul 7, 2009
Chicago 'Burbs
Last edited:

No Fun Shogun

34-38-61-10-13-15
May 1, 2011
Illinois
Throwing an early first birthday party for a toddler shouldn't remotely have been as much work as it was. Holy cow...

Worked out well and was fun, though.

RayP

Tf
Jan 12, 2011
Finally got to break in the new bike on some decent trail conditions. Man, what a blast. The weather here is going to suck today and tomorrow but we finally have legit spring weather for the foreseeable future after that.

And then it won’t rain/snow again here until like November.

RayP

Tf
Jan 12, 2011
Did ads here on mobile change for anyone? The bottom of my screen below the box to type a reply in, below that there are now like 15 ads.

Giovi

Sponsor
Feb 1, 2009
Same on my desktop.

And i have to scroll through them to get to the link back to the main Hawks board.

RayP

Tf
Jan 12, 2011
What’s that shitty news site with all the terrible ads at the bottom? That’s what it looks like now. The kind of thing you look at immediately and know it’s a joke of a site and close it immediately.

ChiHawks10

Jul 7, 2009
Chicago 'Burbs

So this is happening in Paris right now

While I've never been a fan of organized religion, or Catholicism in particular, I am a fan of history, so that's still terrible. Looks to me that an 800 year old historically significant landmark is going to burn to the ground...

Don't think there is any containing that, with how bad it looks in the short clip.

Blue Liner

Dec 12, 2009
Chicago
While I've never been a fan of organized religion, or Catholicism in particular, I am a fan of history, so that's still terrible. Looks to me that an 800 year old historically significant landmark is going to burn to the ground...

Don't think there is any containing that, with how bad it looks in the short clip.

It's looking worse now. It legitimately may burn to the ground entirely.

One clip I saw you very clearly see scaffolding. Reasonable to guess restoration work/repairs gone bad has lead to this. Imagine being the person responsible for one of the most historic and iconic buildings in the history of the world no longer existing. That's a bad Monday.

Reactions: ChiHawks10

ChiHawks10

Jul 7, 2009
Chicago 'Burbs
It's looking worse now. It legitimately may burn to the ground entirely.

One clip I saw you very clearly see scaffolding. Reasonable to guess restoration work/repairs gone bad has lead to this. Imagine being the person responsible for one of the most historic and iconic buildings in the history of the world no longer existing. That's a bad Monday.

Yeah, from the looks of the fire in the first clip, I thought so.

A solid guess.

That's a really bad Monday. I don't know if a Monday could get worse than that.

Link to live stream:

Witness says the roof has basically collapsed in.

Apparently they can't get any water on it... It really looks like it's going to burn to the ground...

Last edited:

Blue Liner

Dec 12, 2009
Chicago
Last photo I saw a few minutes ago the entire spire was in flames. Guessing maybe that was part of the collapse now at this point? That building won't be salvageable. How awful.

ChiHawks10

Jul 7, 2009
Chicago 'Burbs
Last photo I saw a few minutes ago the entire spire was in flames. Guessing maybe that was part of the collapse now at this point? That building won't be salvageable. How awful.

The spire collapsed into the building just now. Watched it happen live.

If you look at that feed... it's burning to the ground. There is no saving it. No way. The entire burning roof looks to have collapsed into the inside, and now it's burning from the inside out.

Reactions: Blue Liner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad