OT: Anything Goes 33: What'cha Drinking?

Status
Not open for further replies.

b1e9a8r5s

Feb 16, 2015
Chicago, IL
A new Star Wars teaser was released?

Well, that's one more thing to try to avoid seeing or reading up on or hearing mentioned in a podcast. I feel like I'm the last person alive that doesn't want to know a literal thing about a movie I'm definitely going to see, and I absolutely don't want any visual spectacle reveals in advance either.
Not a Star Wars person, but agree about the trailers. No interest in the GOT trailer for example, I'll just watch and enjoy.

Trailers exist to make you want to see the movie. The second I determine I want to see the movie, I no longer want to see anything more about the movie or show.

hawksrule

Lot of brains but no polish
May 18, 2014
Yep and the HIGHLY discourage scalping.

My friend’s law firm gets tickets and accommodations for some partners and clients. One of these years I’ll find a way to tag along.

CallMeShaft

Calder Bedard Fan
Apr 14, 2014
tumblr_ppvvusKUeb1w8vvh3o1_1280.png

I await my (HF) birthday cake.

ChiGuySez

Cody Parkey GOAT
Oct 4, 2006
We play bid whist at work and it’s the greatest card game nobody’s ever heard of.
Chicago has some top usbgf affiliated clubs.

Tournament matches can be found on YT. I recommend watching Neil Kazaross, Roberto Litzenberger and Mochy. I recently beat Karen Davis in a 7 game club match. Usbgf president and #9 ranked US player last year.

For teaching look at Art Benjamin YT and Phil Simborg.

Last edited:

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
Hellboy is getting terrible reviews and flopped at box office

Shouldn't have forced out Perlman and Del Torro and let Del Torro make final film of his trilogy

ChiHawks10

Jul 7, 2009
Chicago 'Burbs
Thought it was pretty weak considering there’s only six episodes this season.

I thought the same. I was waiting for something to happen... anything... but nothing really ever did,
except the reveal to Jon.
They have a TON of stuff to go through in just 5 more episodes. I have to imagine the next 5 are action from start to finish...

ChiHawks10

Jul 7, 2009
Chicago 'Burbs
The last 4 episodes are 80 minutes each. They have time.

Oh, I know... but there is a lot of stuff that needs to happen in that time. You're talking basically an extra standard episode with that time, a little more... so you have to wrap the entire series up in basically 6 episodes. A series of this magnitude, with so many different storylines... that's gonna be hard to do. I have a feeling a lot of people will be disappointed in this season.

I thought it was exactly like you said, it set the table for the rest of the season, but I'm still a little concerned with how little time they have to go through it all.

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
I thought the same. I was waiting for something to happen... anything... but nothing really ever did, except the reveal to Jon. They have a TON of stuff to go through in just 5 more episodes. I have to imagine the next 5 are action from start to finish...

The Battle for Winterfell episode is one everyone is talking about with anticipation

'Game of Thrones' first look: Inside the brutal battle to make season 8

The episode chronicles the great battle of Winterfell, pitting an uneasy collection of allies against the Night King and his army; a face-off teased from the series’ very first scene. It’s one of two in the final season directed by Miguel Sapochnik, who previously tackled “Hardhome” and the Emmy-winning “Battle of the Bastards.” Here fan favorites like Jon Snow (Kit Harington), Daenerys Targaryen (Emilia Clarke), Tyrion Lannister (Peter Dinklage), Arya Stark (Maisie Williams), Sansa Stark (Sophie Turner), and Brienne of Tarth (Gwendoline Christie) are fighting for their lives, impossibly outnumbered against a supernatural enemy.

The episode is expected to be the longest consecutive battle sequence ever committed to film, and brings the largest number of GoT major characters together since the show’s debut episode in 2011 (“You can’t have this many actors on set, there are too many egos!” jokes Harington).

“Exhausting” is quite the understatement. The episode required 11 weeks of grueling night shoots. Imagine up to 750 people working all night long for nearly three months in the middle of open rural countryside: The temperatures are freezing in the low 30s; they’re laboring in icy rain and piercing wind, thick, ankle-deep mud; reeking horse manure and choking smoke. The stars of Game of Thrones require some coaxing to get candid about their experience because nobody wants to sound like they’re whinging (as The Hound would say). But if you spend even a brief time on set you realize staging the battle was unprecedentedly brutal.

The fact Sapochnik directed it only further raises everyone's expectations

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad