OT: Anything Goes 33: What'cha Drinking?

Status
Not open for further replies.

hawksrule

Lot of brains but no polish
May 18, 2014
Refused to drink coffee UNTIL we had my son. Now I have 2 x 12oz servings a day. I see why it's the best part of waking up.

I can definitely see the allure of fancy ass coffee however cream and sugar is horrible, it ruins a delicious tasting black coffee. I have no idea why people put that **** in there.

A little milk counteracts the acidity and makes it a richer beverage.

hawksrule

Lot of brains but no polish
May 18, 2014
Flying to Vegas (I am going for work) always makes me laugh as everyone is so pumped and excited to go win big money...too bad I will see the same people on the flight home right after they lost their savings and hungover from 4 straight days of gambling and booze.

Vegas is fun but I am leaving today/scheduled to return Saturday and I am already trying to reschedule my flight home to Friday (I didn't book it).

I am excited to see the new tech at CES though.

Two nights in Vegas is fun, anything more and the place becomes cheesy and tedious.

TorMenT

Go Blackhawks!
Sponsor
Oct 24, 2011
Rockford, IL
I drink 95% water, 3% diet pop when I’m craving one, and 2% beer. Just estimates.

That’s for a normal week though. Special occasions change it.

Reactions: ColdSteel2

RayP

Tf
Jan 12, 2011
Said it before. Just because it tastes bad, doesn't mean I don't need the fuel from it. :laugh:

Little cream goes a long way in that case.

I keep tea at work so if it’s that bad I just have a cup of green tea over bad coffee.

I almost never have no coffee at home, but if I don’t there is one coffee shop that opens early that’s not my favorite but is doable in a pinch before the better ones open up.

Reactions: ChiHawks10

MurrayBannerman

I post about baseball on a hockey forum
Feb 18, 2012
CHI
The coffee quality from craft services at stadiums is pretty piss poor everywhere. So, when I used to work events, I would get a coffee coming in and basically just work with that.

OhCaptainMyCaptain

May 5, 2014
Earth
I just do black coffees most days. Always gets the job done, and I’ve learned to enjoy the taste.

That is, with the exception of Fridays. I always treat myself to an iced latte or iced macchiato from Dunkin on that day.

b1e9a8r5s

Feb 16, 2015
Chicago, IL
Used to hate peppers as a kid to where I picked them off everything. Now I can tolerate them, but I never seek them out.

TorMenT

Go Blackhawks!
Sponsor
Oct 24, 2011
Rockford, IL
I’ll make veggie bags when I’m cutting weight. Strips of all 4 color bell peppers, carrots, and grape tomatoes and eat then raw. Just a little snack when I’m hungry full of micro nutrients.

x Tame Impala

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 24, 2011
A little milk counteracts the acidity and makes it a richer beverage.

True.

The Impact of Milk in Your Coffee / Espresso - The Good and the Bad

It is clear that there are both benefits and drawbacks to adding milk to coffee. But even with that being said, health experts do not recommend using whole milk when taking coffee due to its somewhat high carbs count and allergenic potential. Rather, a good alternative is using a hypoallergenic, calcium-fortified, low carbohydrate almond milk. This way you are getting better nutrition and the almond milk also contains fewer calories.
Using almond milk offers a good way of improving the quality and taste of your coffee through adding some calcium to the drink and also lowering the temperature simultaneously. The other simple method to use to enhance your cup of coffee is by adding a dash of cinnamon. Studies show that cinnamon helps fight insulin resistance and slows down ageing.

I never add sweetener to my coffee. I think it’s gross, unnecessarily unhealthy, and takes away from the natural flavor of the coffee. I only add a splash of milk, 2% or Almond, and then enjoy it.

Coffee has a low pH (meaning more acidic) and milk is higher on the pH scale (more basic) so it neutralizes the acidity. Just a splash though, anything more just completely ruins it for me

ChiHawks10

Jul 7, 2009
Chicago 'Burbs
True.

The Impact of Milk in Your Coffee / Espresso - The Good and the Bad

I never add sweetener to my coffee. I think it’s gross, unnecessarily unhealthy, and takes away from the natural flavor of the coffee. I only add a splash of milk, 2% or Almond, and then enjoy it.

Coffee has a low pH (meaning more acidic) and milk is higher on the pH scale (more basic) so it neutralizes the acidity. Just a splash though, anything more just completely ruins it for me

My Dad actually sprinkles a bit of cinnamon on top of the ground coffee in the coffee maker before he brews it.

Hattrick Kane

Oct 8, 2018
Only way I'll eat a raw green pepper is dipped in ranch.

Yellow or orange... I could sit and eat raw with nothing else.
That’s how I eat raw broccoli, covered in ranch. The problem is I probably end up ingesting more ranch than broccoli itself.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->